The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

duxfan1101

Nick Sorensen

Looks like the kid is injured again. According to the Twitter account @DucksProspects, Nick is out for 3 months with an injury. Too bad, when he plays he gets on the scoresheet but he just can't stay healthy.

Looks like the kid is injured again. According to the Twitter account @DucksProspects, Nick is out for 3 months with an injury. Too bad, when he plays he gets on the scoresheet but he just can't stay healthy.

Bummer, he seems pretty injury prone. Any idea what his surgery is for?

Sorenson finally got his cast off and is back on the ice. Expected to return to action for Skellefteå around mid-December.

Sorenson finally got his cast off and is back on the ice. Expected to return to action for Skellefteå around mid-December.

Great news, he's another guy like Noesen that has been held back by injuries but was looking like a solid depth player in the mold Murray has been stockpiling during his tenure. Like Noesen, I just hope he can stay healthy going forward and isn't just the next injury away from being a bust.

Sorenson's been cleared for contact, targeting a return to game play this weekend, per @DucksProspects .

Watching a bit of Sorensen's first game back. Some general observations on SHL: 1) I hate ads on jerseys; 2) this is fun fast-paced hockey, not particularly physical though; 3) I wish sports fans in the USA sang during games. That would be fun.

Edit: also, Skelleftea's goalie is not having a great game. Currently 2-2, both goals against were shots from afar that went through him. Could be I'm just used to NHL goalies, but, I groaned. 

Awesome, hopefully his injury woes are behind him. Two-way playmaking winger, sounds like he fills an organizational need. I didn't realize he had Denmark/Sweden dual-citizenship. Another Dane! 

He looked alright today, short minutes kinda, will take some time I'm surr to establish himself there. And yes, he's a Viking twice over.

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

3 on 3 on international ice is kind of a joke though lol

Agreed, to be fair though, he never used the full width of the ice to his advantage. He carried that puck and got close and personal to undress them and converted the same way.

Beauty of a goal.I miss seeing that kind of action in the NHL from like 03-10 before it started becoming more of a sandpaper strategy league. Now we see this luxury just a few times a year

Filthy OT winner by Sorenson. Filthy. Have a change of shorts on hand before you watch this one. ;)

http://gfycat.com/PlaintiveBeautifulDamselfly#

Thanks for the heads up. Had a couple change of draws on hand.

Also, I'm sooo... Just can't express my gratitude how much NHL hockey hasn't all that many ads. The new ads on the glass behind the goal threw me in conniption fits. Seeing the circles as ads damn near killed me.

This guy really should be higher on the prospect depth chart, the injuries have derailed his progression through the rankings. He just turned 21, I have to wonder when he'll make the jump to SD for good.

If he stays healthy this season, we should see him in NA next year methinks.

Edit: might even do with him what they did with Karlsson, and bring him over as soon as the SHL season is done. Load up the Gulls even more down the stretch.

If he stays healthy this season, we should see him in NA next year methinks.

Edit: might even do with him what they did with Karlsson, and bring him over as soon as the SHL season is done. Load up the Gulls even more down the stretch.

My thoughts exactly. 

Right on cue, kid was really heating up and then gets a hand injury (I think from a slash?). Per @DucksProspects it's just a minor one, no fractures and he's listed as day-to-day, so hopefully he just misses a game or two and gets back in the mix cuz he's been a legit top 6 guy for his team lately.

@DucksProspects :

SHL News: Nick Sörensen is returning to Anaheim after Linköping's season ended last week. Likely reassigned to San Diego. Stay tuned.

B)

Just realized I never posted @DucksProspects update in Sorensen, which is that he's playing for Team Sweden in some Euro challenge tourney before he comes to NA. Still not sure if he'll join the Gulls during the playoffs or wait till next season, last I heard.

Does anyone have any info on why Sorensen has opted to go back to Sweden next season? Is he just not cut out for the NHL? Are there personal issues? I didn't think he looked bad in his 5 games for the Ducks last season. 

26 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Does anyone have any info on why Sorensen has opted to go back to Sweden next season? Is he just not cut out for the NHL? Are there personal issues? I didn't think he looked bad in his 5 games for the Ducks last season. 

Same here, it's a real bummer. Not sure what happened with him, his season was bookended with injuries, which is the issue with him, but with his skill level and taste of the big club you would expect to see more in the AHL than 10 goals over 48 games. I think he'll be another one that fizzles out of our system then gains momentum in the SEL and makes an NHL return on another team down the road. Maybe he's homesick. Maybe he didn't like the adjustment to NA ice. Or maybe he just doesn't like his chances here with our depth chart.

Noesen gone, Sorensen gone, Kerdiles is the last of the always-injured prospect trio that has a chance to make it with us. I really want to see him on the roster full time next season, he could be another dark horse gem, like Kase.

On 2017-06-01 at 8:25 PM, dtsdlaw said:

What I can conclude from the interviews with Swedish media he ha done recently he hope to get a restart and develop more playing with his old club and coach at Linkoping HC of SHL. so it sound he was not happy how he developed during the recent season.

On 6/10/2017 at 5:09 AM, KAS-DR7 said:

What I can conclude from the interviews with Swedish media he ha done recently he hope to get a restart and develop more playing with his old club and coach at Linkoping HC of SHL. so it sound he was not happy how he developed during the recent season.

Thanks for the info!

Can someone help me with this... can we retain his rights with a qualifying offer indefinitely so that if he decides to come back to North America that he has to come back to the Ducks?  I liked what I saw of him and am still hopeful he can be a regular NHL player.