Hi_De_Hi

Beleskey

957 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, poum said:

Reading some Boston Zthers fan reactions (I tend to give weight to those who can string together two coherent sentences), Bells never stopped trying. He was a different player after knee surgery. More inclined to avoid physical contact than a post concussion Fowler. Which for a Beleseky, changes his game drastically. 

Easy to say the money, but you gotta feel bad for the guy. He's trying and it's killing him inside. He wants to do better.

So sad that injuries wreck nice men's careers. I'm looking at you, Neal.

Hey Maybe GM Murray makes a deal if Beleskey shows life in the AHL.  Could just be a matter of surroundings, and getting the Bruins to eat half of the salary. Just a thought.  Beleskey’s at a crirical career juncture.  2 years at under $2M might be worth the risk.

On 12/16/2017 at 11:13 AM, Fowl said:

Hey Maybe GM Murray makes a deal if Beleskey shows life in the AHL.  Could just be a matter of surroundings, and getting the Bruins to eat half of the salary. Just a thought.  Beleskey’s at a crirical career juncture.  2 years at under $2M might be worth the risk.

He also has a modified NTC this year and next. No thank you. I get they can still trade him but they don't need to be stuck trying to trade a player this year and next just because he shows some life in the AHL. 

On 12/17/2017 at 4:42 PM, DuckFan4Life said:

He also has a modified NTC this year and next. No thank you. I get they can still trade him but they don't need to be stuck trying to trade a player this year and next just because he shows some life in the AHL. 

The guy was valuable in the right situation.  Boston never worked for him.  I certainly would not give up any prime assets for him, but if Boston would take a 4th or 5th rounder for him plus eat some of his salary, its a risk I’d consider.

8 hours ago, Fowl said:

The guy was valuable in the right situation.  Boston never worked for him.  I certainly would not give up any prime assets for him, but if Boston would take a 4th or 5th rounder for him plus eat some of his salary, its a risk I’d consider.

We're Eaves'd enough to risk taking any more injured players. Knee is knee, this is serious. We have slow wingers in Perry and Ritchie already.

1 person likes this

On 12/16/2017 at 0:13 PM, Fowl said:

If Boston buys him out in the off-season I'd bring him back at league minimum. That's about it.

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, nieder said:

If Boston buys him out in the off-season I'd bring him back at league minimum. That's about it.

Might as well make it a two way contract. Just in case. He already cashed out.

2 people like this

On 12/20/2017 at 11:52 PM, poum said:

Might as well make it a two way contract. Just in case. He already cashed out.

Good idea - I would put him out with Ritchie and we would have the " Bash Brothers " line - similar to the SanFrancisco baseball line up ( as best I can remember ). If Bells could get his shooting percentage back to that ONE YEAR - they could light it up. Just say'n.

If you claim him from re-entry waivers, is it half the salary? If it is I can see some team have a go at him. If he gets his confidence back he can be a very good 3rd or 4th line forward. Remember how he wrecked Pardy (I think it was)? I think the poor guy is still suffering from that hit.

32 minutes ago, DucksFan_08 said:

If you claim him from re-entry waivers, is it half the salary? If it is I can see some team have a go at him. If he gets his confidence back he can be a very good 3rd or 4th line forward. Remember how he wrecked Pardy (I think it was)? I think the poor guy is still suffering from that hit.

I think it works the same as acquiring at the trade deadline. Where a traded player's cap hit is roughly a third of what it is, having played 2/3rds of a season which the contract was payed out. Or, maybe that's just the financial hit. It was explained to me as affecting the cap. 

3 goals - 0 assists in 13 games in the AHL. Bells not having a good year. Liking BM's decision to let him walk more every day.

4 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

3 goals - 0 assists in 13 games in the AHL. Bells not having a good year. Liking BM's decision to let him walk more every day.

His career year burst was so obvious that even most of us fans here were certain that we should not pay more than $3 at the time for 2-ish years. Good job, Bob!

Really glad that Beleskey got his contract. Murray knew Bells was going to decline and if not under the right support he wouldn't last long. The good players always know how to play well regardless of who is surrounding them. I'm sure Beleskey will be bought out in June and then sign with a European team. Unless Murray wants to make him a reclamation project but I remember Bells siding with most of the team in hating RC.

2 people like this

What the... I don't remember Bells being part of the Rick Nash trade. Guy is really flying under the radar.

Wow, he only had one game with an exceptionally crappy Rags team. Poor dude.

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, poum said:

What the... I don't remember Bells being part of the Rick Nash trade. Guy is really flying under the radar.

Wow, he only had one game with an exceptionally crappy Rags team. Poor dude.

Yeah, if he cannot make the Rangers roster then his NHL days are likely done. That roster is a dumpster fire.

• Rangers winger Matt Beleskey sustained a shoulder injury in a fight last night against the Devils, notes Brett Cyrgalis of the New York Post. However, head coach David Quinn doesn’t believe it will be a long-term issue but adds that it’s “too early to tell”.  Beleskey came to New York as part of the Rick Nash trade but spent the majority of the time at the minor league level.  He was already viewed as somewhat of a long-shot to make the team despite his contract and this won’t help his cause.

It's still crazy to think of how hard he fell off. In only a few years he goes from scoring one of the most iconic goals in the history of this team, to struggling to make the damn Rangers. A Rangers team whose roster looks so garbage, they'd be an early pick to run away with the last place draft lottery odds consolation prize if this was a normal season without Ottawa, Montreal & Vancouver going all out for 31st. At least he got paid I guess. 

NY Rangers waive Beleskey.  Back to the minors.  Hard to feel bad for him though.  $4m/year ain’t bad change.  Beleskey is smart with his money.  When he was going back a forth between the AHL and NHL as a Duck, he said he was going to live (use his money wisely) like he was in the AHL....Matt is set for life.   He’ll finish out his contract in 2019-2020 and probably call it a day or go to Europe.

Looks like GMBM was right after all.

Edited by Fowl
2 people like this

Can't even make the roster on a terrible Rangers team. Yeah, it looks like his time in the NHL is done.

It's great that our GM recognized a career-year player cashing in and axed him. Bob gets too little credit for the little things he does. Though, if I remember correctly, half the board recognized this as well and supported Bob when MB was going away.

1 person likes this

On 10/25/2018 at 3:29 AM, Aksun said:

It's great that our GM recognized a career-year player cashing in and axed him. Bob gets too little credit for the little things he does. Though, if I remember correctly, half the board recognized this as well and supported Bob when MB was going away.

Bells was tons of fun, it really sucks to see him proverbially fall off a cliff. But you can't use the BM arguement. Especially when you have Palmeiri's running around. If DTS finds this thread then boom, instant comment about Mattheu Pearrualt.

But you're right, he does know how to cut his losses sometimes. Just don't tell that to the DPS, W. Karlsson crowd. (Or the Maroon fans boys <_<)

19 hours ago, poum said:

Bells was tons of fun, it really sucks to see him proverbially fall off a cliff. But you can't use the BM arguement. Especially when you have Palmeiri's running around. If DTS finds this thread then boom, instant comment about Mattheu Pearrualt.

But you're right, he does know how to cut his losses sometimes. Just don't tell that to the DPS, W. Karlsson crowd. (Or the Maroon fans boys <_<)

Most of these cases I thought we had no way but to let the player walk or forced into picking between one or the other? Like picking between Rakell and Wild Bill?

8 hours ago, Aksun said:

Most of these cases I thought we had no way but to let the player walk or forced into picking between one or the other? Like picking between Rakell and Wild Bill?

Yeah I always got that aspect of the situation where we could only pick one of two players but that doesn’t bother as much as the part of what we actually got back for the player, ie Palms. We practicality let him go for peanuts, that’s what I find unacceptable. 

17 hours ago, RobD360 said:

Yeah I always got that aspect of the situation where we could only pick one of two players but that doesn’t bother as much as the part of what we actually got back for the player, ie Palms. We practicality let him go for peanuts, that’s what I find unacceptable. 

Yes, in that regard it is true - Bob screwed up big time.