The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Hi_De_Hi

Beleskey

Both thoughts (your original and the bolded conspiracy) crossed my mind as well.

I forget how he played against the Leafs weeks ago in Toronto but given how the Ducks got whooped I'm assuming nobody played very well that night (boy did I need this win to avoid getting jumped on by my Ontario crew).

Back to the trade thought. Moving Beleskey seems like an odd move. Anaheim should be a buyer, and any trades would probably be with a seller (see Minnesota and Phoenix). Beleskey has no salary impact, and is an impending UFA... I just can't put together a scenario in my mind where he'd be a piece of a trade.

Exactly. Only morons like Eklund will continue to peddle Beleskey trade rumors. He's not going anywhere.

• Like 1

Ok, you guys are freaking me out.  They better not trade my Mattie. He is my favorite player.

Just because he went cold for a few games, they bench him...just not right.

Until last night, he was leading the team with goals.  That deserves a contract extension, not a benching..shame on BM and BB.

• Like 1

What real trade value does he have when trading to 28 teams that don't include Anaheim and Arizona? Where and for what mone will he sign? 3.5M in Toronto?

Exactly. Only morons like Eklund will continue to peddle Beleskey trade rumors. He's not going anywhere.

Don't be so sure.  He is performing above his pedigree (expectations).  His value is at an all time high.  Moving him and another piece might bring a larger return.  Sitting your (then) leading goal scorer isn't common is it?  

Bels would be a rental to another team right now, not sure his value is sky high even with his 17 goals. What does a scoring winger go for as a rental? I'm thinking a 2nd rounder.

Don't be so sure.  He is performing above his pedigree (expectations).  His value is at an all time high.  Moving him and another piece might bring a larger return.  Sitting your (then) leading goal scorer isn't common is it?  

Agreed his value is a all time high... however I can't craft a scenario where moving him would make any real sense (and this goes both ways - for Anaheim and a trading partner).

Anaheim is likely in the market for a scoring forward... why would they give one up? Why would anyone who needs a scoring forward send one back to Anaheim? It's not a salary dump and he doesn't represent bad salary. It's just hard to figure out a situation where he'd be moved.

• Like 1

Bels would be a rental to another team right now, not sure his value is sky high even with his 17 goals. What does a scoring winger go for as a rental? I'm thinking a 2nd rounder.

He might be asking more than Murray is willing to pay.  Rental, or not, he has trade value.  Ducks need a top line winger.  Bels might be a part of a package.   

Agreed his value is a all time high... however I can't craft a scenario where moving him would make any real sense (and this goes both ways - for Anaheim and a trading partner).

Anaheim is likely in the market for a scoring forward... why would they give one up? Why would anyone who needs a scoring forward send one back to Anaheim? It's not a salary dump and he doesn't represent bad salary. It's just hard to figure out a situation where he'd be moved.

With respect to any trade scenario, I don't think Beleskey would be the key piece.  He would be an additional component to any trade discussion.  As a rental, he only brings so much value, but if the Ducks bring in a top end player, someone has to go to clear the roster spot.  Moving a UFA at season end is wiser than moving a longer term player.  Moving Penner didn't make all that much sense last year, but to clear cap space for a "future move" that didn't occur (until this year)???   It's all pie in the sky, but stranger things have happened.

Thought Beleskey held his own with Sestito, who is one very tough player.  

Edited by Fowl

Thought Beleskey held his own with Sestito, who is one very tough player.  

I thought it was exactly even till Bells knocked him 4 feet with that last punch that sent both of them to the ice!

• Like 1

Ok, you guys are freaking me out.  They better not trade my Mattie. He is my favorite player.

Just because he went cold for a few games, they bench him...just not right.

Until last night, he was leading the team with goals.  That deserves a contract extension, not a benching..shame on BM and BB.

Some times players get into a rut and start making certain "minor" mistakes. The best way to break that habit is to have them watch it from stands. It also motivates them when they are WATCHING and not PLAYING. Seemed to work for Bells - that was a WICKED drop pass for Lindholm. IMHO

• Like 1

Some times players get into a rut and start making certain "minor" mistakes. The best way to break that habit is to have them watch it from stands. It also motivates them when they are WATCHING and not PLAYING. Seemed to work for Bells - that was a WICKED drop pass for Lindholm. IMHO

I thought the entire team came out and played hard and carried most of the play.

Bounces helped the Kings keep it as close as it was. Very pleased across the board.

• Like 1

Number 18. Does this make his best season yet?

If the season ended right now the answer would be yes.

Tonight you entertain the Hawks.  Oh the Dilemma. My favourite team against my favourite player!

Best result for me would be a Ducks loss in OT but with Matty getting a hat trick!

Matt Beleskey. The gift that keeps on giving. Over here in Coventry he is the only thing that is keeping us cheerful.  Our season sucks!

Matt Beleskey. The gift that keeps on giving. Over here in Coventry he is the only thing that is keeping us cheerful.  Our season sucks!

was kind of lost what you were talking about, had to do some digging.  Ah I understand now, he played on a team during the lockout for Coventry in the UK.

are those sponsorship ads on the uniform?  Matty at Coventry:

Beleskey_c1640041_12126_392.jpg

And No. 20 goes in!

GWG as well?

Unofficially he has 21... they robbed him of a goal once this year.

This means he's + $2,000,000 over the league minimum to retain.

The kid is going to score 30 goals and be gone folks.

No doubt. He'll end up a Clarkson 2.0.

As he continues to steadily maintain his goal scoring through the season, I'm gradually changing my tune in regards to keeping him and his next contract. He started showing this scoring ability in the latter stages of last season once he got regular top six playing time. Unfortunately he was injured and derailed. He came back this year and picked right up where he left off. 

He might get over-paid, but I don't think Matty is a one trick wonder. I really hope Murray can find a fair middle-ground, I don't see anything about the current or future roster players (wingers) that gets me excited to think we have goal scorers.

I wish he had hired a shooting coach a few seasons ago and not wait until his contract year. He's always had a good/hard shot with no direction. It wasn't something he suddenly figured out this past summer. I guess I look at it that the Ducks groomed him and gave him opportunities (playing with the 2 best in the NHL) and he waited until his contract year to put more into his game (scorer).

was kind of lost what you were talking about, had to do some digging.  Ah I understand now, he played on a team during the lockout for Coventry in the UK.

are those sponsorship ads on the uniform?  Matty at Coventry:

Beleskey_c1640041_12126_392.jpg

Yes, that's our Matty and those are sponsors on the uniforms.

My wife owns those skates, autographed and I have the puck, signed, that he scored a penalty shot with in his last game before returning Stateside.

If ever I get to the Pond I shall be wearing my signed #39 Blaze shirt .  It has already graced the United centre when the Ducks played and won there in the Spring of 2013!

Edited by Hi_De_Hi
  • Like 3

Yes, that's our Matty and those are sponsors on the uniforms.

My wife owns those skates, autographed and I have the puck, signed, that he scored a penalty shot with in his last game before returning Stateside.

If ever I get to the Pond I shall be wearing my signed #39 Blaze shirt . It has already graced the United centre when the Ducks played and won there in the Spring of 2013!

That was cool up until you said "United Center". Get stateside that's not the Midwest!

(apologies to any midwest fans, no disrespect buuuuuuuut, Left Coast Best Coast. It is known.)

• Like 1

Report out today saying that Matt's agent and BM are talking and that they are going well for an extension . That would be GREAT NEWS - would like to have him under lock and key ASAP. IMHO

• Like 2

Report out today saying that Matt's agent and BM are talking and that they are going well for an extension . That would be GREAT NEWS - would like to have him under lock and key ASAP. IMHO

Yes! Please be true.