The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Hi_De_Hi

Beleskey

Bels is actually great stuff. If he can keep up the scoring, he's not as garbage as that Lucic guy, more of a nice guy and a team player, and he can hit as well. No hard feelings that he left, i'm ok with him having fun in BOS as long as, obviously, it's not at our expense.

@NickGossNESN: Julien says Bergeron wasn't at skate due to personal reasons, Beleskey out tonight with upper body injury.

@NickGossNESN: Julien says Bergeron wasn't at skate due to personal reasons, Beleskey out tonight with upper body injury.

I wonder if the upper body injury is a shoulder again.

Edited by DuckFan4Life

I wonder if the upper body injury is a shoulder again.

He plays so recklessly with his body that I wouldn't be surprised. He's currently T-2nd in hits/game in the entire NHL. That takes a toll, especially on a guy who really isn't all that big by NHL standards (6'0", 204lbs).

IMO it was never a question about whether his skill set was worth his new contract, just whether he would play enough games to earn it. I hope he heals up quickly. I'm still pulling for him to have a good season and a great career.

Well I'm at an odd one. If someone offered me $3 mil straight-up to move to Boston, I'd definitely be down. But if someone was offering me $16 mil to stay in SoCal and $19 mil to move to Boston, I'd take the $16 and stay where my family and friends are. Not to mention a better chance to win/accomplish something significant. ;)

That said, I'll be over it eventually, but I'm mostly raw at him for getting our hopes up and then bailing cuz he was one of my favorite Ducks, not because I can't see the business sense.

I am from New York (all the way through graduate school) but lived in Boston... and while I choose to live out here and couldn't imagine ever going back, Boston is really a great town... particularly when you're young. It's also a great sports town which is small enough... plus w/ $3MM I could fly my friends in whenever I wanted to see them.

I miss Bels too. Always liked him.

• Like 1

I am from New York (all the way through graduate school) but lived in Boston... and while I choose to live out here and couldn't imagine ever going back, Boston is really a great town... particularly when you're young. It's also a great sports town which is small enough... plus w/ $3MM I could fly my friends in whenever I wanted to see them.

I miss Bels too. Always liked him.

Sorry to hear about that - I grew up in NYC (Queens ) - dad was NYPD for 28 years - hated Boston and STILL hate them - almost as much as I hate THE QUEENS (ironic - love Queens - HATE THE QUEENS ).  B)

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about that - I grew up in NYC (Queens ) - dad was NYPD for 28 years - hated Boston and STILL hate them - almost as much as I hate THE QUEENS (ironic - love Queens - HATE THE QUEENS ).  B)

Sunnyside, Queens for me!

Beleskey's goal on Saturday against Tampa Bay pretty much sums up why I miss Matt Beleskey.

Great call by Jack Edwards on that one too.

Don't love the hit, Stepan puts himself in a vulnerable position, but Bels should've let up a bit on that one. Got rocked by McIlrath as well. Awesome hit 4-5 years ago, now it's one that gets frowned on a little.

That said, I miss me some Beleskey, he can change a game with big hits like that.

Watching Belesky on nbc the ducks could really use that tenacity he has to get to the front of the net. I miss him

Bells made that second line work last year (the "magic sauce" someone else here said before). Kess, Silf and Bells had a good thing going and good chemistry. I would have to think that collectively they all do better as a line this year together if he was still with the Ducks. We are back to every team now focusing on the top line because we have no second line....again.

• Like 4

Enough time has passed that I don't hate Bels any more.  They had jersey sales this weekend, and I was severely tempted to pick up a Boston Beleskey jersey.  Being honest here.

That hit on Stepan was a late hit, but it wasn't malicious.  Both are at fault, but you can also argue that Stepan didn't expect a hit.  But come on, that's hockey 101, don't admire your pass.  To Bels credit though he did let up and changed directions but still finished his hit.  Not sure how he broke a rib though.  Based on how Stepan fell, you would think he would've hurt his shoulder.

I do miss me some Beleskey that would change the tempo of a game with those hits.  Not to mention those clutch scoring.

Bells made that second line work last year (the "magic sauce" someone else here said before). Kess, Silf and Bells had a good thing going and good chemistry. I would have to think that collectively they all do better as a line this year together if he was still with the Ducks. We are back to every team now focusing on the top line because we have no second line....again.

We kinda do but they are currently our 3rd line. ;)

Pretty sad when our 3rd line is outplaying and outscoring our supposed 2nd line.

I recently jokingly made a crack about Silfverberg having blackmail pictures of BB otherwise why in the world would Bruce continue to give this guy top minutes.

It's time to shake things up, Brucie.

Edited by wataduk

0.47 ppg this season vs. 0.49 ppg last season. 

He's averaging slightly fewer shots per game (2.0 spg vs. 2.23 last season), but the big difference is his 15.2 shooting percentage has come back closer to earth this season with him shooting at 9.5%.

That said, he'll finish this season at around 40 pts with fewer goals, which still isn't the huge drop off that most were predicting. Add in his physical game and knack for clutch goals and I think he's earning his paycheck.

• Like 2

As per Bruins, Matt Beleskey (hand surgery) out 6 weeks, David Krejci (hip surgery) out 5 months, Torey Krug (shoulder surgery) out 6 months

Never like to read about injuries for anyone, but maybe this will keep Krug's AAV down a little. Every little bit helps when it comes to comparables for Vatanen!  :lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, liquid13 said:

yeaaa Beleskey. Bullet dodged....

There's obviously still time for him to recover, and he did have a decent season last year, but I'm feeling pretty good about not wanting Beleskey back.

3 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

There's obviously still time for him to recover, and he did have a decent season last year, but I'm feeling pretty good about not wanting Beleskey back.

I dunno, he was decent last year, but that contract had regret written all over it.

• Like 2

Bells is a healthy scratch again and is not having a good year. His shot % 3.6 which is worse than his worst year in Anaheim. Slump or back his old self. I'm hoping it's just a slump but it sure makes letting him walk a good decision.