The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jiggy2win

La Kings Catch All #2

Unless you were asleep last season and or are totally unaware of Sutter's mentality... all he cares about is getting to the playoffs. If his boys decide to fall asleep during the season doesn't bother him as long as they catch, if needed, the last playoff spot available. If you can beat the Sharks, Ducks and Chicago, all in 7 games series and make the Rangers look like a school boys club in the finals, there is little to worry about. 

Unless they aren't making the playoffs, they are as much or more of a Cup contender than any other team in the league.

Thanks for that Psychlon. I was aware of LA's ability to do f-all for most of the season then turn it on at the last part. I doubt Sutter is happy with the current situation. LA are leaving it a little close for comfort. I agree, they are as good a cup contender as any because, at least on paper, they probably have the 2nd best team in the league (CHI being #1). If you think about, it makes BBs ability to get us to #1 in the Pacific with a worse team quite an achievement, especially when one of the best teams isn't even in the playoffs as it stands right now.... hmmmmmm.

Instead of looking at points out with games remaining everyone was looking at bettor's odds, which went from a 20% chance to 44% over a couple of games. I think the speculation arises over the fact that they play 8 of their last 11 on the road. It was suggested they'd need a ridiculous winning % from here on out to make it, something over .800% I believe. Look out if they make it, and it turns out that's what they needed to do to make playoffs.

Calgary pulls Ramo at 0-3, inserts Hiller and now it's all tied up!

GO FLAMES GO!

Instead of looking at points out with games remaining everyone was looking at bettor's odds, which went from a 20% chance to 44% over a couple of games. I think the speculation arises over the fact that they play 8 of their last 11 on the road. It was suggested they'd need a ridiculous winning % from here on out to make it, something over .800% I believe. Look out if they make it, and it turns out that's what they needed to do to make playoffs.

I'm juts looking for the Lightning to spank them!

Calgary pulls Ramo at 0-3, inserts Hiller and now it's all tied up!

GO FLAMES GO!

Weren't you going to start a new thread for this? Bad mojo and all?

fyi, I am NOT watching the Kings' game tonight despite being free to, because I'm bad luck. Which isn't a huge sacrifice given how much I despise Jim Fox.

fyi, I am NOT watching the Kings' game tonight despite being free to, because I'm bad luck. Which isn't a huge sacrifice given how much I despise Jim Fox.

I can't create it... double whammy if I do.

I can't create it... double whammy if I do.

Fair enough.

AUSTIN! You have no known jinxes (that I'm familiar with). Strike up a new thread sir! (please)  ;)

Brodie harmless backhand centering try, pops up, ;amds on the top of the goal, bounces back into Rask, and into the net... all with no time on the clock... OT win for Calgary.

Brodie harmless backhand centering try, pops up, ;amds on the top of the goal, bounces back into Rask, and into the net... all with no time on the clock... OT win for Calgary.

As stoked as I am that Calgary is (for now, knock on wood three times and cross myself) keeping their head above water and ahead of LA in the standings, I have pipe dreams involving Giordano on our blue line.

Never gonna happen now. 

Wow, the Flames have other-worldly comeback mojo. That was something. And kudos for your Ducks fandom, Z (not that it's ever in question). But rooting against LA as a Ducks fan by rooting for Calgary to beat your other go-to team, Boston? Impressive.

Vancouver up on the Wild 3-1 now... I think that's a good thing. Not great...

Jinx. 3-2 now.

Jinx. 3-2 now.

personally I'd like a 3 pt game, in either direction, for that match-up. Either team getting 2 pts helps, both teams getting pts is muy bien.

Big shift in the standings tonight.

Not big enough. Kings leading. Gonna get another two points. Laziest team in the friggin league, wait till February to play hockey. Jerks. Gah. *towel toss*

I was in my work lunch room watching the second period between LA and Tampa. What really annoyed me was right before La scored the go ahead goal one of their players literally tackled the Tampa player who was entering the La zone and their was no penalty. Then as the game went on I watched as Kings players were getting away with all sort of illegal contact and the refs were completely oblivious. 

It angered me because I have seen the Ducks get called for much less time after time.

The kings tackle a guy, score on the transition and completely change the momentum of the game. And the refs let them do it.

I think for really jinxing it you have to watch all games now.... listening to Jim the Fox.

I think for really jinxing it you have to watch all games now.... listening to Jim the Fox.

They have handily won every game I've watched them play this year though...