The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sniper-9

Things To Do In The Area

Hi there, coming down to Anaheim in a few weeks for a few days and was wondering what attractions/places would be go to see/do for some day trips while Im down there. Not much into the whole Disneyland thing (cost/waiting in lines all day). 

Im staying near Disneyland, so will have to taxi everywhere, if that helps at all for suggestions...

How far is Universal Studios? Is it pricey? Any must see beaches or malls?

Cheers

Hi there, coming down to Anaheim in a few weeks for a few days and was wondering what attractions/places would be go to see/do for some day trips while Im down there. Not much into the whole Disneyland thing (cost/waiting in lines all day). 

Im staying near Disneyland, so will have to taxi everywhere, if that helps at all for suggestions...

Cheers

Universal Studios is up in the LA area, which would be a fairly pricey taxi ride. Not sure on ticket pricing, definitely less than Disneyland but that's not saying much. 

There are a bunch of breweries in Anaheim if you're a beer person (sampling breweries/pubs is one of my favorite things to do on vacation), and many of them are fairly close to Disneyland/Honda Center/etc. I'm not a mall person, so can't help you there. Laguna Beach / Crystal Cove area is my favorite out of the close-by beaches as far as gorgeousness-factor goes, but they're not particularly close to Anaheim- you could probably figure out a bus route to some of the busier beaches a la Newport and HB to save on cab fare. 

Enjoy your visit!

Hi Sniper 9!

There is so much to do around here! Rethink getting a car if you can. Taxis are super expensive and public transportation sucks. Uber seems to be a better choice than taxis. I live in Huntington Beach and this is a great beach resort town. We are called Surf City and host many surfing competitions (not in season though) so if you like surfing this is the beach to go to! We of course have Hollywood not too far but again best with a car as it is about 35 miles from Anaheim but great for a day trip. Maybe check the Amtrack train schedule from Anaheim right across the parking lot from Honda center to downtown LA. Lots to see there too. Not really sure of train transportation as I have always had a car and like the old school song says "nobody walks in LA!" Universal studios is less expensive than Disney but will have the same kind of lines. If you go to either park during the weekday in January/February and it is not a holiday or weekend you won't have any lines usually. It's the ONLY way to do those parks! Are you coming for a Ducks game I am assuming? Where are you traveling from?

Hope this helps and please contact me for any more info. I'm always here to help!!

Deena

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 22, 2014, at 3:02 PM, Anaheim Ducks Message Board <contactus@anaheimducks.com> wrote:

Dmpiekarski,

sniper-9 has just posted a new topic entitled "Things To Do In The Area" in forum "Road Trips".

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Sniper 9!

There is so much to do around here! Rethink getting a car if you can. Taxis are super expensive and public transportation sucks. Uber seems to be a better choice than taxis. I live in Huntington Beach and this is a great beach resort town. We are called Surf City and host many surfing competitions (not in season though) so if you like surfing this is the beach to go to! We of course have Hollywood not too far but again best with a car as it is about 35 miles from Anaheim but great for a day trip. Maybe check the Amtrack train schedule from Anaheim right across the parking lot from Honda center to downtown LA. Lots to see there too. Not really sure of train transportation as I have always had a car and like the old school song says "nobody walks in LA!" Universal studios is less expensive than Disney but will have the same kind of lines. If you go to either park during the weekday in January/February and it is not a holiday or weekend you won't have any lines usually. It's the ONLY way to do those parks! Are you coming for a Ducks game I am assuming? Where are you traveling from?

Hope this helps and please contact me for any more info. I'm always here to help!!

Deena

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 22, 2014, at 3:02 PM, Anaheim Ducks Message Board <contactus@anaheimducks.com> wrote:

Dmpiekarski,

sniper-9 has just posted a new topic entitled "Things To Do In The Area" in forum "Road Trips".

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like it might be best to rent a car at the airport? The only thing would be trying to navigate my way around... yeesh the thought.....

Get a rent a car with a nav unit.  Most of the newer ones have POINT OF INTEREST capability, and you type in the place and the nav will guide you there.

If you want to trek to San Diego, San Diego has a world class zoo, Sea World, and the Wild Animal Park (in Ramona)

They are some great beach stops too.

Cheers

Does going up to Staples Center and urinating on the building count as "something to do"?

Does going up to Staples Center and urinating on the building count as "something to do"?

it definitely counts as a "things to do before I die" bucket list