The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZTHER

Los Angeles Kings Catch-All (3)

Whilst LA have won 5 in a row... the teams surrounding them have been no slouches. Given so, LA remain 9th with Minny in their rear-view mirror. Having said that, LA needs to slump again... they've got a bunch of road games coming so it's still possible. 

P.S. Jonathan Quick has been average in recent games, another good sign.

@TheFourthPeriod: And Kings/Leafs still chatting about Dion Phaneuf, but as we, and many others, have reported, plenty of obstacles there (cap $, Voynov, etc)

@TheFourthPeriod: While Roman Polak is not on Kings radar, as @DennisTFP and I have been reporting for some time, Carolina's Andrej Sekera is.

@TheFourthPeriod: And Kings/Leafs still chatting about Dion Phaneuf, but as we, and many others, have reported, plenty of obstacles there (cap $, Voynov, etc)

@TheFourthPeriod: While Roman Polak is not on Kings radar, as @DennisTFP and I have been reporting for some time, Carolina's Andrej Sekera is.

I hope LA misses out on all 3. They'd be dangerous again having a full compliment of top 4 D-men.

The worst thing is that they aren't even playing that well. Quick in particular has been average by his standards.

He had 0.911 SV% (career 0.923)  and 2.58 GAA (career 2.22) which was good enough to win the SC with the Kings... .

His career regular season is 0.914 SV% and 2.30 GAA (he's currently playing below his career stats) and it's not the worst season he's ever played. 

He had 0.911 SV% (career 0.923)  and 2.58 GAA (career 2.22) which was good enough to win the SC with the Kings... .

His career regular season is 0.914 SV% and 2.30 GAA (he's currently playing below his career stats) and it's not the worst season he's ever played. 

He's always been over rated in my book. What's not over rated is Drew Daughty and Anze Kopitar's ability to shut down opponents.

He's always been over rated in my book. What's not over rated is Drew Daughty and Anze Kopitar's ability to shut down opponents.

# 8 has been a BEAST  lately. 

This. Anze might be a top 5 C in the league. Meanwhile, Drew Doughty is top 2 D. I'd still say Weber is better, but that's probably because I like the physicality he brings. However, I could see others argue that Drew is #1 given that he has the superior skating and the league seems to be developing a faster game in which the more mobile D-men are excelling.

The jinx continues because there were TWO new King threads started.  This one, and the one started by AD27, and the mod decided to keep this one (by Z) over the one started by AD27.  

Just saying.  Sorry Z, know you're the man, but I'm holding you responsible for the Kings 6 game streak and counting.   :P

The jinx continues because there were TWO new King threads started.  This one, and the one started by AD27, and the mod decided to keep this one (by Z) over the one started by AD27.  

Just saying.  Sorry Z, know you're the man, but I'm holding you responsible for the Kings 6 game streak and counting.   :P

Hi, my name is Austin and I support this message.

Almost spit out my wine:

@helenenothelen: Sorry, but the white pants the Kings are being forced to wear for this game look like adult diapers.

@helenenothelen: If not adult diapers, a poor imitation of the Michelin man.

The jinx continues because there were TWO new King threads started. This one, and the one started by AD27, and the mod decided to keep this one (by Z) over the one started by AD27.

Just saying. Sorry Z, know you're the man, but I'm holding you responsible for the Kings 6 game streak and counting. :P

"LOL". You're not alone.

Sorry, Z.

Hehe, Gabby can't even say he likes the LA outdoor white unis with a straight face. Hilarious.

Tomorrow's outdoor game might be a blessing. The Kings are rolling along, and this is the perfect thing to distract them and throw them off of their streak. San Jose is on a serious skid, they could use the win a lot more, so hopefully they bring it.

This outdoor game is going to be so lame. Last year's might not have been the most exciting game but it was all about celebrating the growth of hockey in So-Cal. Especially coming after the biggest outdoor game ever between the Leafs and Wings, for our game to hold up the way it did says a lot about what the Ducks and Kings have been able to accomplish in California. This year just feels like the Sharks owners wouldn't stop calling Bettman and asking "How Come They Get Too Plays Out Sied ???" Sure it's an intense rivalry but this game has got nothing else going for it that we haven't seen 10 times before.

Well, no volleyball court in sight. What's Northern California's equivalent, pot farming? suppose you can't have that.

Also LOL at CBC showing the end to the freaking Leafs game instead of switching over to the bay. Even last year they switched to LA so we could all see KISS

I can't see the LA players, they blend right in. Maybe if we're lucky, the Zamboni guy will accidentally run a couple of them over. Hell, the ice crew might shovel up Brown after a dive thinking it's a dirty snow pile.

Stupid sappy Americal Idol tired regurgitated vanilla crap music. It's hockey, where's the metal/rock etc.? At least KISS made it exciting.

METAL

Too subcultural, never gonna get that on a legit national TV thing, but a girl can dream right?

Stupid sappy Americal Idol tired regurgitated vanilla crap music. It's hockey, where's the metal/rock etc.? At least KISS made it exciting.

Didn't San Jose just have a Metallica night recently? 

My friends are at this. A couple. She's a Shart, he's a Queen. Pretty funny, in hockey arguements (happens a lot) the homegirl and I side with each other. No love lost between Ducks and Sharks but when you're in LA you take all the allies you can get. Unless their from Detroit.

Leave it to the Kings to one up the Ducks horrible stadium jerseys. This... This is just embarrassing.