The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZTHER

Los Angeles Kings Catch-All (3)

Ugh, I was rooting for the Sharks till their fans did the "Jaws" hand motions. I can't support a fan base that does that.

Going with the Z, go groin pulls!

Always good to pull for pulls... but I'm really behind San Jose in this one.

One thing I really like is 80s music (both the metal variety and even the pop rock stuff like The Outfield, Foreigner, etc. ). It's not my favorite or anything (I don't have a favorite), but it's always easy on the ears. Maybe it's cause I'm a late 80s baby so that's what was on the radio, commercials, and in popular culture when I was really young. I remember playing GTA Vice City way back in the day and immediately thinking, "damn this is a good soundtrack."

80s is good fun catchy stuff; my folks played that all the time when I was growing up. Radio was early 90s, though, since I only lived through a few months of the 80s. (Throwing that in there to make Z feel old)

Rock and a little country when I was a kid, punk and some ska starting in middle school, metal after I learned to play guitar. I like classical, some electronica stuff, jazz, all forms of rock... Which is why metal is still my favorite; they take elements of everything and weave it all together in wonderful ways.

Back to hockey: bummed SJ couldn't bury one or two at the end there, great pressure and nothing to show for it.

Oh you guys are he worst. 80s? Thompson Twins. "Lies! Lies! Lies!"

80s is good fun catchy stuff; my folks played that all the time when I was growing up. Radio was early 90s, though, since I only lived through a few months of the 80s. (Throwing that in there to make Z feel old)

Rock and a little country when I was a kid, punk and some ska starting in middle school, metal after I learned to play guitar. I like classical, some electronica stuff, jazz, all forms of rock... Which is why metal is still my favorite; they take elements of everything and weave it all together in wonderful ways.

Back to hockey: bummed SJ couldn't bury one or two at the end there, great pressure and nothing to show for it.

Ha guitar... How good did you get? I don't mean good on the Jimi Hendrix scale, but good on the amateur scale. I had a friend in middle school and we were both hardcore in a blink-182 phase, and we decided to both try to pick up guitar. I think I probably only lasted a month or so before losing interest. I was like, "Hell yeah lets make some sick sounds!" And then I realized how freaking hard it was and how much practice/patience was required, and I was done. I was a ADD kid lol.

My friend on the other hand, he got really good. He was pretty serious about it; I think once he got a guitar that's all he ever did with his free time.

It seems like the NHL must be getting better at creating these outdoor rinks, and/or the players are getting more used to skating on them because this game has been much faster paced than a lot of the outdoor ones in the past. When these games first started they were ugly, grind-fests even when the weather wasn't a factor.

It seems like the NHL must be getting better at creating these outdoor rinks, and/or the players are getting more used to skating on them because this game has been much faster paced than a lot of the outdoor ones in the past. When these games first started they were ugly, grind-fests even when the weather wasn't a factor.

Oddly I've read that the best ice condition of all the outdoor events leading up to this game was at Dodger Stadium.

Snow and frigid temperatures actually work against creating great ice.

Stormtroopers win, back in the playoffs with 3 games in hand on SJ... ugh!

Stormtroopers in elderly underoo's. I make fun now but watch me in my advanced years blasting away in them shorts.

Ha guitar... How good did you get? I don't mean good on the Jimi Hendrix scale, but good on the amateur scale. I had a friend in middle school and we were both hardcore in a blink-182 phase, and we decided to both try to pick up guitar. I think I probably only lasted a month or so before losing interest. I was like, "Hell yeah lets make some sick sounds!" And then I realized how freaking hard it was and how much practice/patience was required, and I was done. I was a ADD kid lol.

My friend on the other hand, he got really good. He was pretty serious about it; I think once he got a guitar that's all he ever did with his free time.

I played a ton through high school, and was in a couple metal bands with friends (mostly rhythm though, never felt comfortable improv-ing solos). I'd say I was pretty good, but being in the 'metal scene' most people are crazy good. I wrote riffs better than most of them though, and I could do the sweeps and pinched harmonics and all that technical stuff, just never got as fast as some of the fellas.

And then I got a job, and full-time classes for awhile there, and now it's just something I pick up now and then.

San Jose cannot show up to big games, ever, eh? Wankers! Thanks for nothing Sharkies, you just played the worst-dressed hockey team ever, and YOU wound up being the ones embarrassed.

Hillers fault.

Or, is it someone else's fault????

Da  Da  Dum

7 games and counting

:ph34r:    :P 

I played a ton through high school, and was in a couple metal bands with friends (mostly rhythm though, never felt comfortable improv-ing solos). I'd say I was pretty good, but being in the 'metal scene' most people are crazy good. I wrote riffs better than most of them though, and I could do the sweeps and pinched harmonics and all that technical stuff, just never got as fast as some of the fellas.

And then I got a job, and full-time classes for awhile there, and now it's just something I pick up now and then.

San Jose cannot show up to big games, ever, eh? Wankers! Thanks for nothing Sharkies, you just played the worst-dressed hockey team ever, and YOU wound up being the ones embarrassed.

One of the things I love about niche metal, the guitarists are classicly trained. And I have a few friends who are trained and play retarded well done death metal. Like that retarded trained crap that no one would know about unless they tell you about it. Buncha hipster metal if you ask me.

Anyhow stick puck sports! Gaborik is an ass hat. It is known.

LA are officially back in the playoffs as it stands. With this and the way the Ducks have been playing of late, my life has lost all meaning.

The media is so interesting and so blantanly anti-Ducks. The Ducks winning by one goal; winning won't last. The Ducks have a slump; couldn't sustain with one goal wins. The Kings have a slump; we'll see the Kings step it up. The Kings win a few one goal games; Stanley Cup repeaters.

The media is so interesting and so blantanly anti-Ducks. The Ducks winning by one goal; winning won't last. The Ducks have a slump; couldn't sustain with one goal wins. The Kings have a slump; we'll see the Kings step it up. The Kings win a few one goal games; Stanley Cup repeaters.

Islanders, Predators, and Blues also in the top five in ONE-GOAL wins... good company if you ask me.

LA are officially back in the playoffs as it stands. With this and the way the Ducks have been playing of late, my life has lost all meaning.

Lets hope the Kings choking down the stretch brings new meaning to your life...

They won't. I bet you a pint of your preference.

They won't. I bet you a pint of your preference.

How about I just buy if they do...!

=)

I'd prefer it if the Ducks started hitting the mark as we enter into the playoffs.

I'd prefer it if the Ducks started hitting the mark as we enter into the playoffs.

A lot of hockey left to be played. 

Add some pieces at the deadline, get Vatanen back, I'm hoping they have a good late March / early April.