Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spencer_12

Daylight Savings Time And Using The Board On Mobile

5 posts in this topic

Is there any way to change the boards time settings when using the mobile version? I've noticed this for a few years now that whenever the clocks spring forward an hour the board doesn't get changed along with it so from spring - fall the posting times are all screwed up.

Go to your profile settings, and be sure you have the correct time zone chosen, and that you have checked the DST box so it knows to adjust the time.

Hope that helps.

Is there any way you can look at your profile settings on mobile? I always thought it was weird how you can't fiddle with any account settings through mobile but maybe I missed it? I haven't used the full version of the boards it over 5 years as the mobile version is very, very clean and easy to use.

I typically prefer using full sites on mobile too so hats off to whoever designed the mobile version. There definitely needs to have account settings accessible on it though.

The settings you make in your profile will carry over to the mobile version. It is all tied to your login.

As far as getting to the profile settings, I use chrome on an iPhone, and don't see how to get into the  settings. Maybe someone else will have a tip for it.

If all else fails, sign in with your account on a desktop or laptop. Once set, it should take precedence on your mobile devices also.  It does on mine.

Yeah it looks like you can't get to your settings through mobile. Bummer. I'll have to do it next time I boot up my laptop. Thanks.