The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Administrator

Los Angeles Kings Catch-All (4)

It's not like anyone can understand Sutter anyhow, what's the difference? And I have to wonder if by "three garbage cans" they were actually referring to Brown, Stoll, and Clifford?

Ha, ha, ha! Good one. I'll go with that!

Coaches can call out the "team". He can say they had a bad game, played poorly, whatever. Sutter calls out players. I don't see that as a positive. He's an idiot in interviews in general, but the players can't feel good when he points fingers. I feel those remarks should stay in the locker room. I do think he'll be around next year and several players will be gone.

Coaches can call out the "team". He can say they had a bad game, played poorly, whatever. Sutter calls out players. I don't see that as a positive. He's an idiot in interviews in general, but the players can't feel good when he points fingers. I feel those remarks should stay in the locker room. I do think he'll be around next year and several players will be gone.

This.

I really didn't pay attention much to him because I could never understand what he's is saying, but with the help of Closed Captions [CC] and DTS's angle I started following the post game pressers more... and BINGO.

This.

I really didn't pay attention much to him because I could never understand what he's is saying, but with the help of Closed Captions [CC] and DTS's angle I started following the post game pressers more... and BINGO.

LMAO.  So I'm not the only one.

Wow, trouble in paradise.  :)  Dts has been calling this all season.

Just think, another three dozen calls like this and I'll be 1/4 of the way towards my goal of having the same kind of street cred around here that Zther has.... 

:D

http://m.ocregister.com/articles/kings-657706-lombardi-dean.html

Hammond article

Edit: dts would eat this one up for multiple reasons, by the way ;)

For someone I've never personally met, you know me too well..... 

:lol:

I should have waited until this article came out before flapping my gums. I could have just cut and pasted DL's thoughts and saved us all some time:

Here’s the thing, with where this team has to get to. If you look at what a coach’s number-one role is, it’s to give his team structure and detail. The emotion, in terms of getting that emotion to where it needs to be, if we’re going to be a top team it has to come from within the room. With it, at times, the coach obviously still has to have some ability (to talk). So we’re, at times, a part of raising the emotion. Obviously one of the problems this year was just that, that for whatever reason, we weren’t where we needed to be mentally.

''That said, I don’t know if I like the way it happened, but if you look at great teams, the perfect example is Derek Jeter. When Joe Torre was ready to blow or something, Jeter would walk in the room and go, `Whoa, whoa, whoa, I got this one. Stay out, and don’t be losing it.’ You see this with top players all the time. The players, essentially, you want (to be) in charge of your room. Maybe the way to do it was, `We don’t need to hear from you now. We got it,’ and go out and get it done. Maybe you don’t have to go to that extreme. But the point is, what happened there, that’s what needs to happen. The players need to take over the room emotionally, and if they want to go in there and say, `Coach, stay out, I’ve got this one. We know how to win,’ I’ve got no problem with that. Again, you maybe don’t want to do it with garbage cans. But if we’re going to be a top team, your best players have to take over the emotion of your room. At times, that might require them to say, `Coach, I got this one.’ There are enough players in that room who have won. The problem you would have had before is credibility. When Jeter tells Torre, `I’ve got this one, stay out,’ well you better listen to that guy. He’s won four championships. There’s guys in there now with two championships. They’re qualified to do that now. You might not have said that four years ago: `Hey, no, you’re not ready for this.’ But they’re ready for that. They know where they’ve got to be.

''So the irony is, that’s essentially what you want to happen, your players take over your room and, `Stay out, coach. I don’t want to hear from you. We got it. Stay out.’ Because they know way more than we (coaches and management) do. You usually get more involved when they don’t know how to win. 

The timing of this whole thing is really interesting. Richards get demoted on January 26th after the Kings lose four straight to the Devils, Ducks, Flames, and Sharks. The Kings then beat the Hawks at home before heading out on their big East coast roadie where they lose the first three games to the Bruins, Caps, and Panthers. The meeting then happens after the Panthers game, and then they win their next 8 games in a row.

I think a lot of people thought that Richards was the problem and that getting him out of the locker room was the catalyst for them turning things around. However, now that we have the benefit of hindsight and know about the trash can incident, it sure looks like Sutter was a bigger problem, and that Richards poor play was more a symptom of the team being really tired of Sutter's act.

I'm now really curious what happens with Stoll and Williams. Both UFAs, both getting a little older (33 and 34 next season), both may be able to get a little more $$ on the open market, and both may have had quite enough of Sutter. I wonder if it will be an either/or situation - either Sutter goes and they take a little less $$ to return or Sutter stays and they get their $$ on the open market. We may be seeing a few more cracks in that Kings team before training camp starts.  :D

For someone I've never personally met, you know me too well..... 

:lol:

I should have waited until this article came out before flapping my gums. I could have just cut and pasted DL's thoughts and saved us all some time:

The timing of this whole thing is really interesting. Richards get demoted on January 26th after the Kings lose four straight to the Devils, Ducks, Flames, and Sharks. The Kings then beat the Hawks at home before heading out on their big East coast roadie where they lose the first three games to the Bruins, Caps, and Panthers. The meeting then happens after the Panthers game, and then they win their next 8 games in a row.

I think a lot of people thought that Richards was the problem and that getting him out of the locker room was the catalyst for them turning things around. However, now that we have the benefit of hindsight and know about the trash can incident, it sure looks like Sutter was a bigger problem, and that Richards poor play was more a symptom of the team being really tired of Sutter's act.

I'm now really curious what happens with Stoll and Williams. Both UFAs, both getting a little older (33 and 34 next season), both may be able to get a little more $$ on the open market, and both may have had quite enough of Sutter. I wonder if it will be an either/or situation - either Sutter goes and they take a little less $$ to return or Sutter stays and they get their $$ on the open market. We may be seeing a few more cracks in that Kings team before training camp starts.  :D

Oh I hope so, I'll be looking forward to that news.

Dtsdlaw wrote:

I'm now really curious what happens with Stoll and Williams. Both UFAs, both getting a little older (33 and 34 next season), both may be able to get a little more $$ on the open market, and both may have had quite enough of Sutter. I wonder if it will be an either/or situation - either Sutter goes and they take a little less $$ to return or Sutter stays and they get their $$ on the open market. We may be seeing a few more cracks in that Kings team before training camp starts.   :D

Turns out the CEO of one  the companies I work with is close friends with Justin William. (Their wives are best friends). I found out one evening when he sees me watching the Duck's game in the break room and casually mentions a friend of his plays for the LA Kings....WHAT?

Anyway, he was telling me in a later conversation that Williams really wants to stay in LA since his wife really likes it here. So I would not be surprised to see him take a home town discount.

Exactly who the Kings resign is  going to depend greatly on the Canadian dollar.  Currently the CD is weakening and that will negatively effect the salary cap. That's what happened last year. Everyone was predicting a cap increase of 2 to 3 million dollars. but the Canadian dollar fell and the cap ended up dropping by about a million from the previous season.

That's why teams like the Kings, Bruins, Hawks and Pens all found themselves in a bind. The Kings lost Mitchell because of it. The tea leaves are currently  pointing to a further drop in the salary cap. So it will be interesting what the Kings do. The Ducks will be doing some juggling as well.

I do feel the players need to step up when they're skidding, but saying it's not only acceptable but a good thing that the players used trash cans to prevent Sutter from entering the room is ludicrous. The Ducks were skidding and Getz called a player's meeting. That's what you do. The Captain calls a meeting. Locking Sutter out of the room shows total disrespect for your coach. For DL to see it as anything else tells me he puts the blinders on when it comes to his players and their behavior on and off the ice as he has shown in the Voynov case.

I do feel the players need to step up when they're skidding, but saying it's not only acceptable but a good thing that the players used trash cans to prevent Sutter from entering the room is ludicrous. The Ducks were skidding and Getz called a player's meeting. That's what you do. The Captain calls a meeting. Locking Sutter out of the room shows total disrespect for your coach. For DL to see it as anything else tells me he puts the blinders on when it comes to his players and their behavior on and off the ice as he has shown in the Voynov case.

DL knows it. He's just trying to spin it. The cat is already out of the bag on it, so he can't deny it happened. The best he can do is try to give it "context" (i.e. right before the 8-game winning streak), and then spin the crap out of it so that it doesn't blow up any further.

There's definitely a problem there though. I'm sure the end-of-season player/coach/GM meetings will flush it out a little more for him, and then he can start doing some investigative work one-on-one with his team leaders to see how much of a problem it really is. There wasn't anything he could do during the season though, and there's not much he can do now until he gets a more complete picture. So for now, it's just spin, spin, and more spin.  

It seems the press doesn't want to let it go. I think it's an embarrassment for the entire organization.

@JACKaWILSON: thoughts on the NY Post? ... https://t.co/MjihqnoSFq

Delicious. I wish there was an ice cream this flavor.

Current state of the LA bandwagon:

wreck_17131653_large.jpg

Just a reminder, it's not about the regular season.

~ Kings Fan 4 Life

Stoll arrested for cocaine possession in Vegas.

- Insert punchline here: _____________

Was he on his 4th line when they arrested him?

Does he have a broader definition of "unrestricted" free agent than most?

He was blowing all season, who's really surprised by this?

Hahaha, pure gold. 

I finally understand why they kept saying the Kings were the top "possession" team.

Hahaha, pure gold. 

I finally understand why they kept saying the Kings were the top "possession" team.

Sweet   :D

HIe was proably on the eight or ninth line - at least. What a piece of garbage. IMHO

I guess it should be... GO KINGS GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO

Stoll arrested for cocaine possession in Vegas. 

Couldn't have timed it worse... impending UFA

Nice that it happened in Vegas.  No local deal making.  California drug laws are a slap on the hand.

LOL!  

Z wins.

The real question is where the heck were Richards and Carter?