The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZTHER

Anaheim V Chicago Non-Game Day Thread

1. Don't let Teen-wolf* score a single point

2. Don't let Teen-wolf* score a single point

3. Don't let Teen-wolf* score a single point

(*MJF version)

I've been waiting for about three years for this series. Chicago has really set the standard of the NHL, and it would be a thrill to see how the Ducks match-up against the best.

Its going to be tough, though. Unlike the previous two opponents, Chicago has been through the wars of playoff hockey and they aren't going to beat themselves like Calgary and Winnipeg did at times. For Anaheim to win, the Kesler line is going to need to have another series like they just did against Calgary. I suspect they'll play against Kane's line, and less Kane plays in our zone the better.

Last point...a big reason the Ducks had an advantage through the first two rounds is the team's depth. That isnt going to be the case in this round. Keep playing a physical game, however, and we should be in good shape.

Should be a great series. Sorry guys, I'm going with Hawks in 6. I hope to be proven wrong, but hey, either way we're playing for a Cup or getting Babcock right? ;)

This one's too close to call. I can see advantages/disadvantages both ways, but the Hawks are the better team until they're not. This is some serious proving ground for the Ducks, particularly our young blueline.

Anyone's ballgame, two very good teams. This really is a cup final caliber series, and a great opportunity to quiet the Duck haters out there. 

Hopefully BB skips a step in his year-by-year playoff progression.

2013 Lost Quarters

2014 Lost Semis

2015 ???

This series might go to 7 games, but I believe the Ducks will come out on top.  If there's a team that can give Chicago a good run for their money this playoffs, it's the Ducks.

It's time for men vs men, time for big boys to compete.

Chicago got 6 hits last game. Jackman is a hitter who hasn't been hitting or forechecking or doing anything effectively. Bring in Sekac/Etem for Flash/Jackman to counter the speed.

I really hope Bruce takes a good long look at his bottom six for this one. We need to max out the skill level of our depth, I see no need for Jackman. I'd probably drop him and Flash for Etem and Sekac.

Maroon - Getzy - Perry

Bels - Kesler - Silver

Cogs - Nate44 - Etem

Sekac - Rakell - Palms 

... at least for home games, roadies may require a little tweaking as the Rakell line might get exploited without Cogs on it.

edit: xxreact beat me to it.

Here we go! This will be great series, two realy best teams in the west. If we play our best hockey, we can win this! Let´s go DUCKS! :t_hot_unread:

's gonna be daaam tuff.

It really is like a Stanley Cup Final. Two serious teams. Monstrous Ducks forechek against lethal Hawks speed. This will be a treat to watch. Really nervous going into this one - it's gonna be for real now.

Rangers/Caps game 7 isn't until Wednesday so the earliest we'll start is Thursday. 3 days off with game 1 being on the 4th day is decent rest.

Rangers/Caps game 7 isn't until Wednesday so the earliest we'll start is Thursday. 3 days off with game 1 being on the 4th day is decent rest.

Maybe not. Tampa-Canadians game 7 is Thursday, if they need it. We probably start Friday and game 2 Sunday. Concert at Honda Center on Saturday night, so game 2 almost has to be Sunday.

Ducks in 6. Chicago was better last year. Had we beaten LA last year we would have also won in 7.

Maybe not. Tampa-Canadians game 7 is Thursday, if they need it. We probably start Friday and game 2 Sunday. Concert at Honda Center on Saturday night, so game 2 almost has to be Sunday.

I looked at my tv schedule, and all the NBC channels have stuff scheduled for Friday night, so I don't see Game 1 being that night.

It seems insane that they would give both these teams that long a layoff by having Game 1 Sunday.  I think they begin Thursday at 7 PM taking the spot of what would have been Game 7 of our series.  Makes sense in many ways, including the fact most employees at Honda Center probably have Thursday set aside in case there had been a game, so it will be less difficult coordinating.

Do we finally see Wiz in the lineup?

What's the over under that Gibson plays at some point...

Kidding....

Well Gibson did shut out Chicago the only time Ducks beat them this year. Don't tempt the Boudreau. :P

He needs to fix our bottom 6 though. No point having Jackman in the line-up for 3 minutes. And I would love to see Ricky with some scoring wingers going up against Rundblad and Timonen at home games.

I've thrown in the towel on the Wiz argument. It's absurd to have a healthy top 4 guy chilling in the pressbox and a certain other fella in the line-up over him but it's not easily fixable at this point so it's just an absurdity that will continue to exist.

Hopefully BB skips a step in his year-by-year playoff progression.

2013 Lost Quarters

2014 Lost Semis

2015 ???

As much as I want Matty B to get his name on the cup I have to think that the Hawks will take the series.

2010 my wife and I came over to Chicago to watch Hockey

2013 we came over again to watch Hockey

2015 we were there again....

If the Hawks get the cup this year I have asked if we can have our names on it!

1. Don't let Teen-wolf* score a single point

2. Don't let Teen-wolf* score a single point

3. Don't let Teen-wolf* score a single point

(*MJF version)

Lol reminds me of the Detroit Pistons Bad Boys "Jordan Rules"

I want this series to be great, and I really hope the Ducks come out on top.  It's going to be really, really tough.  The Hawks have horses on the back end who can match up with Perry and Getzlaf.  You get them out there as much as possible against Timonen and whoever replaces Roszival, but that's a tall order, considering the Hawks' top two d-pairings are out there 50 minutes a game.  

The forward matchups are going to be rough, too.  You figure the Ducks want Kesler's line out there against Richards and Kane.  That means Getzlaf and Toews will be going head to head more often than not, because Thompson and Rakell, with any wingers, will get dominated by Toews and Hossa.

The Ducks can do this, but the bottom 6 is going to need to win their matchups.  I think Etem needs to draw back in for Jackman, at least.  And maybe Sekac for Fleisch.

This one's too close to call. I can see advantages/disadvantages both ways, but the Hawks are the better team until they're not. This is some serious proving ground for the Ducks, particularly our young blueline.

Chicago plays a structured game and don't play a run and gun gam. The Ducks are built similar to Chicago and haven't played a long series yet and I suspect that will catch up with the Hawks.

The only thing that is a concern is the Hawks' ability to capitalise on turnovers or bad offensive zone play. So if we see Vatanen take a shot and it gets blocked leaving everyone out of position, we'll know about it.

Ducks will win if there are minimal turnovers and disciplined play. Also there's no way Crawford plays up to par, he's streaky and erratic, expect a few garbage goals. So unless Crawford is lights out, I see the ducks taking advantage.

The Hawks (at least their fans) are underestimating the Ducks depth. They seem to be forgetting that Wisniewski, a top 4 defenseman on any team is watching from the press box and I hope they get acquainted with our 3rd and 4th lines. In saying that, I hope Sekac greets them next round when Palms sits. This is where a bit more speed comes to play so we can counter attack.

Expect 1-2 boring low scoring games. Ducks in 6

This is going to be tough. On paper they have the better team I think. We might have a chance if Andersen outplays crawford/darling. We need a healthy Perry and Kesler has to keep up the good play. He'll have to be even better because I really think toews can take Getzlaf out of the game.

What I do like is that we had a very easy schedule at the end of the season. It was like 4 games in 12 days or something. We beat the jets in 4 and the flames in 5. We didn't have to make one extra trip and the series against the flames wasn't that physical. Aside from Perry, I think we'll have a relatively healthy squad with a well rested Etem, Sekac and Wisniewski in the pressbox. Use them.

If we lay the body on them and play the way we did against the jets, we have a chance. That kane though. He's like gaudreau but better and I was already nervous when he had the puck. I'd like to see BB put Cogs on him. He does some amazing work on the forecheck and the backcheck. He's a speedster with good instincts. Special teams are gonna be a key factor but I think the goalies are gonna play a big part in this.

I'm sure the hawks have been studying Andersen. Wouldn't it be a surprise if BB went with Gibson? :lol:

Anyway we deserve to be in the finals. If there is one team that can hurt the hawks, it's us.

Go Ducks!!

I want this series to be great, and I really hope the Ducks come out on top.  It's going to be really, really tough.  The Hawks have horses on the back end who can match up with Perry and Getzlaf.  You get them out there as much as possible against Timonen and whoever replaces Roszival, but that's a tall order, considering the Hawks' top two d-pairings are out there 50 minutes a game.  

The forward matchups are going to be rough, too.  You figure the Ducks want Kesler's line out there against Richards and Kane.  That means Getzlaf and Toews will be going head to head more often than not, because Thompson and Rakell, with any wingers, will get dominated by Toews and Hossa.

The Ducks can do this, but the bottom 6 is going to need to win their matchups.  I think Etem needs to draw back in for Jackman, at least.  And maybe Sekac for Fleisch.

This is the response I like to see. Some great points, but you're not signing the guys off to failure like some of those "fans" (and I use the word very loosely) on here. I think the D match-up is overstated. IMO, Keith is the only player that they have who is significantly better than anything else we have. The only pairing I'd be particularly concerned with is Keith-Seabrook. Hjalmarsson is a great player, but he and Oduya aren't anywhere near as dominant as they have been in years past. As far as top 6, we get destroyed on paper, but, in terms of actual play, we've been doing better. 

IMO, this one comes down to how good Andersen can be. He's going to have to be special. Someone commented on the NHL.com website saying that Andersen (+ the D) needs to restrict CHI to an average of 2 goals a game for us to win this series and I very much agree.

This is going to be the toughest series we play all playoffs, but if we can take the eventual SC champions to game 7 (a team that had to go through CHI to get there), then I can't see why a better Ducks team can't beat CHI. I say Ducks in 6 or 7. 

This is the response I like to see. Some great points, but you're not signing the guys off to failure like some of those "fans" (and I use the word very loosely) on here . I think the D match-up is overstated. IMO, Keith is the only player that they have who is significantly better than anything else we have. The only pairing I'd be particularly concerned with is Keith-Seabrook. Hjalmarsson is a great player, but he and Oduya aren't anywhere near as dominant as they have been in years past. As far as top 6, we get destroyed on paper, but, in terms of actual play, we've been doing better.

IMO, this one comes down to how good Andersen can be. He's going to have to be special. Someone commented on the NHL.com website saying that Andersen (+ the D) needs to restrict CHI to an average of 2 goals a game for us to win this series and I very much agree.

This is going to be the toughest series we play all playoffs, but if we can take the eventual SC champions to game 7 (a team that had to go through CHI to get there), then I can't see why a better Ducks team can't beat CHI. I say Ducks in 6 or 7.

SHOTS FIRED? :lol:

Going to be a tough series. Going to be a great series.

Sekac needs to be in for someone else. We need his speed and pressure. Palms' turnovers are going to hurt a lot more against Chicago.

I could even throw Etem in there. He turns it over as much as Palms, but he's a better forechecker and he's faster.

Fleischmann was underwhelming, Jackman was unnecessary, and Palms was disappointing.

Do we finally see Wiz in the lineup?

Possibly for Hammer. Kid seems to be increasing mistakes game-per-game. Not willing to hang him, but maybe just needs a rest and refocus.