The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZTHER

Anaheim V Chicago Non-Game Day Thread

Lightning won. Does the nhl want to save their ratings with two small market teams? Or do they want to prove that an expansion is a good thing with an expansion team winning two cups within ten seasons (11 for Tampa)

As long the game is fair in terms of calls and it's a clean game I'm a happy man as a supporter of the nhl. But I'd be even more ecstatic as a ducks fan if they make the finals ;)

The odds of me puking before the game tomorrow are very high.

From nerves beforehand, high odds. From drinking (in mourning or celebration) afterwards, bank on it.

So true about that 4th line. Palms can't carry the puck to save his life but can finish.

I've probably been Palms' biggest critic. But he just destroys any offensive momentum by being outmuscled or constantly falling over. When he gains entry into the zone he dumps it then is always trying to win the battle on the outside of the defender and makes it harder for the next line with a defensive zone faceoff. It's hard to watch especially when we lose. But man does he have a quick release on that shot of his. If he picked corners and shot accurately he could easily be a 20+ goal scorer night in night out. I think he'd be effective in the eastern conference where it's less physical.

I'm driving down to Anaheim tomorrow. Will hit the bars for the game. Not sure which one yet. Most likely won't be on the GDT.

Will be cheering, groaning and cheering with the rest of our peoples.

LET'S GO DUCKS! LET'S GO DUCKS! LET'S GO DUCKS!

Agreed outside of the bolded,  I'm not sure we can say Freddie > Crawford at this point. At best they draw even, but our boy has come down to earth in the last couple games, and Crawford is showing his experience.

Even strength still has the Ducks outscoring the Hawks. and Crawford has been sub par outside of the first two overtimes and a couple of first periods.

My officating guesses for tomorrow.

Kozari and O'Halloran

Watson on standby.

Just guesses, but operating backwards from today, O'Halloran and Kozari are up.

May 29 McCauley, Pollock, Standby - Rooney

May 27 McCauley, Pollock, Standby - Furlatt

May 26 Sutherland, Rooney, Standby - Kozari

May 25 Furlatt, Watson, Standby - McCauley

May 24 O'Halloran, Kozari, Standby - Pollock

May 23 Sutherland, Rooney, Standby - Watson

Source - scoutingtherefs.com

Kozari would be who the NHL would send if they wanted some biased officiating for game 7.

Kozari would be who the NHL would send if they wanted some biased officiating for game 7.

I want to say I agree, but he has not treated the Ducks any better, or any worse in these playoffs.  I don't think he controls the game very well, but it's a big stage, and he's on it too.  It's just a guess he'll be out there, but that's how the numbers have lined up.

The odds of me puking before the game tomorrow are very high.

Before is fine. During, not so much.

Bottle of champagne on my right, box of razor blades on my left.

I hope to be reaching right tomorrow night!

I started getting nervous during the second period of tonight's game. I don't know how I'm going to be able to watch tomorrow.

Even strength still has the Ducks outscoring the Hawks. and Crawford has been sub par outside of the first two overtimes and a couple of first periods.

I'm betting that Crawful shows up.

Miss Knight still has her #21 jersey. Only switch out I would do, 21 for 21.

I'm sooo excited about tonights game. Probably will be going all day thinking about it. I will be staying up late here in Sweden to watch what should be the best hockey game of this year (or many years). A WCF game 7 battle between Anaheim and Chicago, wow! 

Game 7's of recent years have been total let downs.. but this year I for one got a good feeling. This team can do it! Go Ducks Go!

Cya guys on the forums tonight! :)

I woke up this morning at 5.45 and I was already bloody nervous. It's getting worse every minute. I consider it a good sign. Last year and the year before I already expected a loss. Don't know why. I feel different this time around. I really think the guys can pull it of. If Freddie is on his game, we're very much in this.

I expect a great game from Cogs. He always brings it and the way he takes care of his body I wouldn't be surprised if he's back at 100% after an extra day off. That little spark plug will give em hell on the forecheck.

Go Ducks!!

Kelly Sutherland and O'Halloran.

Could've been worse.

We'll see.  Surprised Kozari got passed over.  He hasn't worked a game in a week. 

Repost from today's GDT:

Wooooooo I'm all pumped up now. Looked up the ESPN World Cup commercial.

Just play it, play it LOUD. How awesome would it be if Bear Brass Band played it at the Ponda tonight?

"I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!"

http://youtu.be/6pjliE37ENY

Repost from today's GDT:

Wooooooo I'm all pumped up now. Looked up the ESPN World Cup commercial.

Just play it, play it LOUD. How awesome would it be if Bear Brass Band played it at the Ponda tonight?

"I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!"

http://youtu.be/6pjliE37ENY

But then the U.S. went out and lost.

lol just sayin.

Didn't know where to post this. Looking to sell my tickets for tonight's game. Section 434 Row K. Seats 12-14. Need to sell 3 seats for $100 each :) PM me if you're interested. Thank you!

Bruce bit on Q's line change/match up bait. GG

Anyways, enjoy the summer everyone. Always keep in mind that most people are crazy, bad, and not worth your time.

Our guys started the playoffs great, but they have looked lethargic, out of sync, and slow the past few games.  The Black hawks are a much better team than Flames, and if we keep playing that way, we are done.  We can't just show up in the 3rd period and expect to advance. 

I hate to say it, but I think it'll be the Black hawks and Lightning in the SCF.

So am I vindicated from fake fandom for making this prediction now? :ph34r:

It still hasn't really sunk in for me that there are no games left.