The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

norge25

Summer Rfa / Ufa Signings Watch

We'll start this one out with something probably only I am excited about: Max Friberg inked a new 2-year extension today.

@icemancometh: Ducks sign winger Max Friberg to two-year contract extension. Friberg had 15-25-40 for AHL Norfolk last season and also made NHL debut.

He's an LW so we're probably not drafting anyone else and going C/D. We're obviously not getting a 1st line LW through the draft, so maybe Bob decided to close the LW depth question after Bels rejected. Let's hope Max pans out and can be a solid player for us!

Wicked accurate wrist shot but just takes too long to get the shot off. Good skater too

Is it too soon to start calling him Wild Bill?

Wicked accurate wrist shot but just takes too long to get the shot off. Good skater too

I feel like you just described Silfverberg in the offensive zone. Minus his slick passing and board battling/puck-hounding.

Edit: digits for those curious-- Max's contract is a two-way deal worth $874K for NHL and $73.5K AHL.

Hm. Stephens' figures are much different than DucksProspects' source (and look more like what I'd expected- closer to league minimum): $575K/75K first year and $600K/90K second year.

I feel like you just described Silfverberg in the offensive zone. Minus his slick passing and board battling/puck-hounding.

Edit: digits for those curious-- Max's contract is a two-way deal worth $874K for NHL and $73.5K AHL.

Speaking of S33, his value drops slightly w/ the new 3 on 3 OT.

Fewer SO's...

Speaking of S33, his value drops slightly w/ the new 3 on 3 OT.

Fewer SO's...

Haha, this was my first thought as well. That alone should save us a few hundred grand on his next contract. His shootout dominance mojo is no longer needed, it's already becoming an outdated skill, like fighting. 

It must be a swede thing lol. Silfverberg actually has a quick release in his arsenal but doesn't use it in a game for some reason. I've noticed that Swedes and Europeans in general do that. I just assume that they're accustomed to the larger ice and are used to taking the puck to the net and being able to pick their shot. Not so effective in NA ice.

But from what I've seen, Friberg works hard to get the puck in the paint but he does suffer tunnel vision trying to get there but give it another couple of years and he'll snap out of it

Kings and Toffoli deal almost done. 3.25mil AAV.

Friggen steal for the kings if you ask me.

Edit: looks like two year deal.

Wasn't Toffoli coming off his ELC? No arbitration rights?

Yes.

Still have to think he could've gotten a lot more. Especially had he signed a offer sheet.

That's a very fair deal, damn. I wanted someone to offersheet him and rake LA over the coals.

Yes.

Still have to think he could've gotten a lot more. Especially had he signed a offer sheet.

Yeah. Shows he didn't want to move. That ho's loyal.

Interesting statement.

@icemancometh: It's my understanding that Justin Williams is pretty good at handling that Game 7 deal. Right wing though.

Didn't Beleskey say he wanted to stay in Anaheim. Wish he had the same loyalty.

Beleskey is no Toffoli - this is his one big shot to get set. If he can make stupid money, I have no complaints about him doing so.

@FriedgeHNIC: This morning, mentioned LA interested in Lucic but couldn't make it work. Understand LA/BOS revisiting it this afternoon. We'll see.

Back-loaded at $2.6M-$3.9M. Means that the Kings will have to offer him a minimum of $3.9M to qualify him next time around (I'm sure that was part of his incentive to sign). The Kings better hope that he doesn't get hurt. Or arrested.

Back-loaded at $2.6M-$3.9M. Means that the Kings will have to offer him a minimum of $3.9M to qualify him next time around (I'm sure that was part of his incentive to sign). The Kings better hope that he doesn't get hurt. Or arrested.

Pshhh. If he did they'd find a way to weasel out of that cap crunch just like with Voynov.

@FriedgeHNIC: This morning, mentioned LA interested in Lucic but couldn't make it work. Understand LA/BOS revisiting it this afternoon. We'll see.

How can La keep absorbing these large contracts?

@TSNBobMcKenzie: So if BOS is only getting picks from CGY in return for Dougie Hamilton, one would think they are positioned to make more moves at this draft

What??? Wiz???

I dunno, could just be some weird thing where they're playing around with the board- MTL moved up from DAL on there too- but all the rest are in place so it sure seems fishy.

No idea.