The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

norge25

Summer Rfa / Ufa Signings Watch

@TSNBobMcKenzie: So if BOS is only getting picks from CGY in return for Dougie Hamilton, one would think they are positioned to make more moves at this draft

15th, 45th and 52nd. That is cheap. Hamilton hasn't produced the goods yet, but he's still very, very young. CGYs back-line is insane and set for a long time. 

15th, 45th and 52nd. That is cheap. Hamilton hasn't produced the goods yet, but he's still very, very young. CGYs back-line is insane and set for a long time.

Yea. I wonder if they try to move Gio now for a huge return. Damn.

A snapshot of the draft board shows ANA at 11 from Florida.... What?!

Btw, apparently they were just testing the board.

Gio available?  I'm having heart palpitations. 

Haha, same here. I can't see Calgary letting him go, or the Ducks being able to get him, but damn would he look incredible on our blueline... am I blushing?

Zibanejad and Stone also signed RFA deals yesterday. 2-yr/$2.625 AAV and 3-yr/$3.5 AAV respectively. Along with Toffoli's 2-yr/$3.25 AAV signed today.

Silf is looking for his 3rd contract after his 1-yr/$800k "show me" deal, and he's a little older than the others mentioned, but is it fair to say that these other signings will become comparables to help establish his market value? Murray will have to buy some of his UFA years as another short bridge deal is likely not an option, but will this help us avoid his value pushing beyond the $4+ million threshhold???

Silf is looking for his 3rd contract after his 1-yr/$800k "show me" deal, and he's a little older than the others mentioned, but is it fair to say that these other signings will become comparables to help establish his market value? Murray will have to buy some of his UFA years as another short bridge deal is likely not an option, but will this help us avoid his value pushing beyond the $4+ million threshhold???

He should be offered the same as BM offered Beleskey.

Gio out? Apparently his contract demands are ~$9mil.

whaddaya mean?

Giardano will be extended, and ahead of schedule with his recovery.

Flames just improved considerably.

Hell man, friggin McDavid will officialy join the Oilers as well, Pacific is back on the rise again.

I like tho how BM keeps his cool all the time and sticks to his principles e.g. unwilling to overpay or overcommit in price and terms for ANYONE, plus I'm excited about how things are going for the Gulls so I'm okey with a challanging division.

To Bob and his magic hat!

He should be offered the same as BM offered Beleskey.

Oh God, I hope not. As much as Silf had a great first couple rounds of the playoffs (he was less impressive against Calgary and not much of a factor against Chicago), his production still just wasn't there for the majority of the season. The defensive game and intangibles are worth a fair wage, but it's going to be tough for his agent to negotiate top six money for a guy that just doesn't have the stats to back it up (yet). But I get that there's some potential being factored in as well. 

I think he should be sniffing at a little more than Cogs makes, but less than the rumored Beleskey offer. Say, 4-5 yrs / $3.25-3.75 mil AAV. Bels was a pending UFA, Silf being an RFA (with arb rights and some UFA seasons being bought in this deal) should get a little less. Murray doesn't play with RFA's.

@FriedgeHNIC: Believe LA was waiting for medical clearance before making Lucic trade. Once they do, would expect it involves 13th pick among other pieces.

Can someone explain what Boston is doing? *coughZthercough*

Are they rebuilding or what the hell? I get that they are in cap trouble and Luc is going to want more money than he is worth and is already a cap burden. And, that Hamilton was supposedly being difficult about getting signed. But where does this leave their team. Calagry just landed a young, well-developed potential franchise D-man for three good picks. Seems like robbery to me. Boston just locked up McQuaid (lol), but what does their blueline look like now and in the future?

-Chara (old and busted)

-Seidenberg (see above)

-McQuaid (scrub)

-Krug (= Vats without shot blocking and PK)

... and Miller, Bartkowski... ???

And their forward lines look like they're going to be struggling to remain among the top teams much longer. I'm not sure what Sweeney's plans are, but this team looks primed for a re-tooling soon.

@drosennhl: If, as reported by many, Kings get Lucic in a trade that includes the No. 13 pick, that gives Boston picks 13, 14 and 15 -- for now.

Maybe is a rebuild?

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Just traded texts with Kris Versteeg. Say he hasn't nixed any trade, says he hasn't spoken to anyone. Says reports out there are false

Can someone explain what Boston is doing? *coughZthercough*

Are they rebuilding or what the hell? I get that they are in cap trouble and Luc is going to want more money than he is worth and is already a cap burden. And, that Hamilton was supposedly being difficult about getting signed. But where does this leave their team. Calagry just landed a young, well-developed potential franchise D-man for three good picks. Seems like robbery to me. Boston just locked up McQuaid (lol), but what does their blueline look like now and in the future?

-Chara (old and busted)

-Seidenberg (see above)

-McQuaid (scrub)

-Krug (= Vats without shot blocking and PK)

... and Miller, Bartkowski... ???

And their forward lines look like they're going to be struggling to remain among the top teams much longer. I'm not sure what Sweeney's plans are, but this team looks primed for a re-tooling soon.

Well they've certainly succeeded in making the pacific division a hell of a lot tougher. A**holes.

Well they've certainly succeeded in making the pacific division a hell of a lot tougher. A**holes.

Yes they have! Pacific will be tougher. Our guys may be kicking themselves for the meltdown. Cup will be harder to get next time.

@TheFourthPeriod: Kings source tells me Richards buyout now very likely. Expect that to go down in near future.

Does that mean other teams can re-sign him for cheap after?