The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

norge25

Summer Rfa / Ufa Signings Watch

@TheFourthPeriod: Kings source tells me Richards buyout now very likely. Expect that to go down in near future.

That's only going to buy them 3.8something in cap space I think.

Must be nice to have unlimited money

The good thing is, when Quick starts sucking they don't have a viable backup.

Nah, I'm sure the Rask for Richards trade will be announced soon. Thanks, Boston.  <_<

Can't we throw the 27 overall at Bos for Marchand or Ericksson?

I'd be down for that I think.

@drosennhl: If, as reported by many, Kings get Lucic in a trade that includes the No. 13 pick, that gives Boston picks 13, 14 and 15 -- for now.

Maybe is a rebuild?

@TheFourthPeriod: Kings source tells me Richards buyout now very likely. Expect that to go down in near future.

That's only going to buy them 3.8something in cap space I think.

Must be nice to have unlimited money

Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun
The Bruins retained close to half of Lucic's cap hit/salary in order to make trade work with the cap-strung Kings

EFF Boston now seriously. 

Sweeney Don, the Demon Barber of Pacific Street...

Retaining almost 50 percent on Lucic

That's a sure sign they're rebuilding. Marchand could be well on the card, but I'm sure BM is going with Williams. No assets to give up.

Note: Lucic is a UFA next year, along with Kopitar. That should be interesting.

Happy Kings lost Wilson as well. He was imo a very good prospect.

Miller you mean? Yeah he was an AHL allstar, and key cog for the Monarchs Cup win.

‏@CraigCustance

With Lucic trade, Kings won't be able to sign Andrej Sekera so he'll hit the market. It was a major consideration for them. They like him.

Leaves them pretty strapped on D, especially considering a guy who soon coulda made the jump to the big club is shipping up to Boston.

‏@CraigCustance

With Lucic trade, Kings won't be able to sign Andrej Sekera so he'll hit the market. It was a major consideration for them. They like him.

Leaves them pretty strapped on D, especially considering a guy who soon coulda made the jump to the big club is shipping up to Boston.

Enjoy your bump in ice time, Doughty. 40 mins a game seems about right.

‏@CraigCustance

Is this for sure? If Boston retains half of Lucic's cap hit, the Kings have almost $5M in available cap space (per nhlnumber.com). A buy out for Richards then gets them $3M+ more. Aside from Sekera, they only have Shore, Andreoff, and McBain to re-sign. I think they can still pull it off if they give him a longer term (ala Gaborik).  :angry:

Is this for sure? If Boston retains half of Lucic's cap hit, the Kings have almost $5M in available cap space (per nhlnumber.com). A buy out for Richards then gets them $3M+ more. Aside from Sekera, they only have Shore, Andreoff, and McBain to re-sign. I think they can still pull it off if they give him a longer term (ala Gaborik).  :angry:

I think they have to keep money in case Voynov comes back on the books. His $4.2mil is quite a chunk of that $5mil and only leaves 1-4mil for LA and they've still got to re-sign Shore, Andreoff and sign a back-up GT. 

P.S. Sekera will get more than $5mil on the FA market.

P.P.S. If Voynov doesn't return to LA that D looks terri-bad past Doughty. They'll likely be favourites above ANA, but I'm not convinced by that back-end. D wins championships.

Bernstein from the 4th Period thinks Voynov is finished in the NHL. Even if he comes back without a conviction he thinks the NHL will not approve his contract. Says he should go back & play in the KHL for a few yrs & then come back to the NHL when all dies down & he has apologized & seeks forgiveness.

I think they have to keep money in case Voynov comes back on the books. His $4.2mil is quite a chunk of that $5mil and only leaves 1-4mil for LA and they've still got to re-sign Shore, Andreoff and sign a back-up GT. 

P.S. Sekera will get more than $5mil on the FA market.

P.P.S. If Voynov doesn't return to LA that D looks terri-bad past Doughty. They'll likely be favourites above ANA, but I'm not convinced by that back-end. D wins championships.

Good point, but I think Ladyduck is probably correct. I don't think he's coming back any time soon. I also think he's going to be convicted of something. He's not getting off with a wrist slap like Stoll. Too much time and energy is being invested in this by the DA's office to let him walk. 

btw, I think that teams can exceed the salary cap by 10% during the summer so they should be able to add another D-man in free agency and then square things up later in the summer when they figure out the Voynov situation. His hearing is currently scheduled for July 6th.

‏@Michael_Traikos

Spoke to Andrei Kostitsyn's agent: says former Habs winger, who spent last 3 years in KHL, is getting significant interest from 3-4 teams.

:ph34r:

That's a sure sign they're rebuilding. Marchand could be well on the card, but I'm sure BM is going with Williams. No assets to give up.

Note: Lucic is a UFA next year, along with Kopitar. That should be interesting.

I love me some Cam Neely (and he owes me a cup of coffee) but he's just killing my Bruins...

On the Hamilton trade, the rumor is that he's VERY difficult to get along with, a total loner, and was generally disliked by his teammates...

I love me some Cam Neely (and he owes me a cup of coffee) but he's just killing my Bruins...

On the Hamilton trade, the rumor is that he's VERY difficult to get along with, a total loner, and was generally disliked by his teammates...

Still worth more than the return they got. CGY look insane on the back-end now.

Can't we throw the 27 overall at Bos for Marchand or Ericksson?

I'd be down for that I think.

seriously, what do you guys think It would cost us to pry Louis outta Boston?

Doesn't Boston media do this to every fan favourite/franchise player that gets shipped out due to questionable asset management?

Doesn't Boston media do this to every fan favourite/franchise player that gets shipped out due to questionable asset management?

The Boston media wasn't too kind to Sweeney aside from saying that they were trying to do more with the three picks they managed to string together but came up short.

It's also rumored that Hamilton's representation exerted some control in the process, letting it be known which teams he would sign with and which teams he wouldn't - maybe including Arizona with which Boston was rumored interested in dealing with.

So..... Chris Pronger?

So..... Chris Pronger?

Pronger was universally disliked, by opponents... =)

He'd carpool w/ the Niedermayer's out of Shady Canyon so I'm sure he wasn't totally disliked by the team.

Bruce Garrioch – ‏@SunGarrioch

Erik Condra's agent Steve Bartlett said in an email last night he expects the #Sens winger to test UFA. Ottawa remains interested though.

28 yrs old, career third-liner at this point, great vision, strong skater, sound defensively, aggressive forecheck... Could be a cheap but effective plug on Rakell's right wing?

Probably wishful thinking cuz I was really enamored with the latter half of his last season with the Sens. He was dynamite with Lazar and Pageau.

Pronger was universally disliked, by opponents... =)

He'd carpool w/ the Niedermayer's out of Shady Canyon so I'm sure he wasn't totally disliked by the team.

I actually have a high school friend who knew his wife pretty well, and she said they were pretty good people despite everything you read from the Canadian media. Dude was an interesting interview though, no? Supremely cocky. Completely unremorseful for any past transgressions.... I could see how he might rub some of his locker room mates the wrong way too. 

Is anyone going to watch the FA frenzy this year? I probably will out of interest, but not sure what to think as a Duck fan. Does everyone think BM was serious about waiting until July 5-6 before making a move?

Is anyone going to watch the FA frenzy this year? I probably will out of interest, but not sure what to think as a Duck fan. Does everyone think BM was serious about waiting until July 5-6 before making a move?

BM. Always waits around in FA.

I'll watch just to make fun of the stupid contracts being handed out.