The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

norge25

Summer Rfa / Ufa Signings Watch

He's one of the three Cup winners on our team. We desperately need some Cup experience. We should definitely keep him around.

No sorry, that didn't do anything for us for the past 2 seasons.  We need a strong defensive backend, guys that can get the puck up to our forwards.  Plus he just got beat alot of the times at the blueline. Love the guy but if we want a cup, he doesn't help us.

@drosennhl: Saad and 2 others for Anisimov, Dano, Morin, Tropp and a 4th. That's as real as cap hell gets right there.

So much for all the Hawks fans online claiming that they'll just trade Sharp and have the same team as last season.

The happiness of seeing Saad traded rivals the happiness of seeing Palmieri moved, and Carl Hagelin picked up

So what forward does BM go for? Frolik or Williams?

Heard both are projected to fetch ~$5M contracts... Just rumours but if that's the case BM might be more inclined to try another reclamation project... Maybe reunite Semin with Boudreau on the cheap, if he doesn't elect to go back to Russia. ...Pure speculation.

Heard both are projected to fetch ~$5M contracts... Just rumours but if that's the case BM might be more inclined to try another reclamation project... Maybe reunite Semin with Boudreau on the cheap, if he doesn't elect to go back to Russia. ...Pure speculation.

Williams said it's about the Cup not salary. Ducks are just down the freeway, perhaps he'll take a discount. What's the record for cups with different teams? Lol

How much room do we have now with an imposed resigning ok Bieksa, Kesler (maybe), Silf, Hagelin? Anyone have a rough idea?

Probably just above the cap floor? ~$55-$60M? Ish

Looks like if you run a baseline figure at:

Bieksa 3.75 AAV

Silfv 3.25 AAV

Kesler 5 AAV

Hagelin 3.5 AAV

Given those numbers, they remain with 4 mill.... sign a couple RFA (Sgarbosa, Wags)... could be less than 2 mill, I don't know if were smart going after much of anything tomorrow unless its a prove it deal for someone like Richards, Hodgson or Stalberg

No sorry, that didn't do anything for us for the past 2 seasons.  We need a strong defensive backend, guys that can get the puck up to our forwards.  Plus he just got beat alot of the times at the blueline. Love the guy but if we want a cup, he doesn't help us.

Maybe that's what he was attempting, but just missed a lot (hence all the icing)? lol

In all seriousness, I like Beauch, and will miss him, but I agree with you.

So much for all the Hawks fans online claiming that they'll just trade Sharp and have the same team as last season.

According to Dreger, Hawks have a high price on Sharp. Therefore, it doesn't seem like they couldn't find a partner, just not someone willing to fork up the cost. That leads me to believe that Saads contract demands were unreasonable, and that he was moved because he wouldn't budge, even if CHI moved Sharp to keep him. Heard he was looking for something like 6.5mil for 6 years. That's crazy money, even for Saad. 

Great deal for the Blue Jackets though.

I'd do Williams at 4-5mil, but it's really going to depend on term. I wonder whether BM will try and overpay for a one year deal with either. I'm sure Williams would gladly take a 1 yr deal at $6mil+. Just food for thought.

Murray on tomorrow's free agency: "It's going to move a lot quicker than I thought. They'll be a whole bunch of stuff right off the bat."

Excellent. I'm going to be watching intently tomorrow. Hope to see most you guys on here at some point during the day.

Probably just above the cap floor? ~$55-$60M? Ish

We're still $2.26mil under the cap floor. Got just over $20mil in cap space, but still need to re-sign Silf, Hagelin and Wagner. 

http://www.generalfanager.com/teams/anaheim-ducks

That figure was a guess as to our post-RFA signing cap sitch. I hate math tho. What's your take after we do some signing?

I think we're looking at 7-8mil for all 3 guys. Still leaves us with ~$12mil. Signing a guy for $4-5mil would still leave us with plenty of breathing room. Just the way BM likes it. 

I think we're looking at 7-8mil for all 3 guys. Still leaves us with ~$12mil. Signing a guy for $4-5mil would still leave us with plenty of breathing room. Just the way BM likes it. 

are u serious? 7-8 mill on all 3, man I wish but I think your being way too optimistic...

are u serious? 7-8 mill on all 3, man I wish but I think your being way too optimistic...

Id say less than 10 would be considered highway robbery, I don't think they get done for less than 10 mill AAV combined....

I expect Silf to get something like $4mil for 3-4 years, Hagelin to get a similar deal to Cogs i.e. $3mil and Wagner = ~$1mil.

That equals ~8mil. However, I could totally see it being a little higher at $9-10mil.

we are going to resign Bieksa, Kesler as well and look at signing other RFAs (Hammer, Vats, Despres).... if your talking strictly Silfv, Hags, Wags - I think 9 mill should be a reasonable expectation.

I haven't read through all the comments and so don't know if anybody already suggested this.  But what about Alex Semin?  At 31, I think he can still be a goal scoring threat, especially if he gets a chance with the top line.  He arguably played the best hockey of his career in Coach B's system.  Would not surprise me at all if he is signed tomorrow for a two or three year deal, at like $ 3 million per year.  Last year was an off year for him because of injuries.  But I think he can rebound.  If we don't sign him, would not be surprised if Detroit does.  Would probably rebound on a line with Pavel.  I'm calling it. 

I haven't read through all the comments and so don't know if anybody already suggested this.  But what about Alex Semin?  At 31, I think he can still be a goal scoring threat, especially if he gets a chance with the top line.  He arguably played the best hockey of his career in Coach B's system.  Would not surprise me at all if he is signed tomorrow for a two or three year deal, at like $ 3 million per year.  Last year was an off year for him because of injuries.  But I think he can rebound.  If we don't sign him, would not be surprised if Detroit does.  Would probably rebound on a line with Pavel.  I'm calling it. 

It seems tempting because of how incredibly skilled he once was. But this guy is an absolute trainwreck. Even at a 1 million dollar deal I would rather pass. He is a shadow of the player he once was, and has no work ethic whatsoever.

I didn't really follow Washington or Semin, so I could be wrong on this, but it doesn't seem like a great fit. Getzlaf and Perry play a cycle game that requires you to be hard on the boards - not sure that's Semin's style. Doesn't really fit with Kesler either unless he's more defensively responsible than I am aware of. Kind of in a Palmieri situation - sniper out of place in the top six and not really a bottom six type. That's not to say he couldn't work, but generally you don't force it unless it's a slam dunk win with both the player and the contract. Given Semin's relative disappearance in Carolina, I'd avoid it just on principle. 

Condolences to liquid, Saad is a jacket. But if the reports are true that he wanted $6.5MM or so, then we weren't going to be anywhere near that ballpark anyhow, and quite frankly he isn't worth that. Pretty shocking move though, that's a major hit to a Hawks team that is already purging even more of their talent this season. Though I'm sure their 3rd SC will ease some of the pain... UGH.

Condolences to liquid, Saad is a jacket. But if the reports are true that he wanted $6.5MM or so, then we weren't going to be anywhere near that ballpark anyhow, and quite frankly he isn't worth that. Pretty shocking move though, that's a major hit to a Hawks team that is already purging even more of their talent this season. Though I'm sure their 3rd SC will ease some of the pain... UGH.

I dunno. Certainly it's rare to see someone that age paid that much, but is it accurate to say he won't be worth it?

Through his age 22 season, he has 3 seasons of 20 goal-50 point level production. That's really good. If he stays at that level, it would be a stretch to pay him 6.5 million a year. But if *is* six years, he'd only be 28-29 at the end of it. You'd be paying for his prime years. Will he make the jump to 30-40 goals, 70-80 points playing with Johanssen instead of Toews? Tough call. Impossible to see, the future is.

I dunno. Certainly it's rare to see someone that age paid that much, but is it accurate to say he won't be worth it?

Through his age 22 season, he has 3 seasons of 20 goal-50 point level production. That's really good. If he stays at that level, it would be a stretch to pay him 6.5 million a year. But if *is* six years, he'd only be 28-29 at the end of it. You'd be paying for his prime years. Will he make the jump to 30-40 goals, 70-80 points playing with Johanssen instead of Toews? Tough call. Impossible to see, the future is.

Eventually, sure. But not right now at 22 yrs old. He's a good player, but he's not up there with the high end players that generally command that type of scratch this early on. 

Eventually, sure. But not right now at 22 yrs old. He's a good player, but he's not up there with the high end players that generally command that type of scratch this early on. 

Depends if you mean value based on his age and experience. By that logic, you'd never pay for value and Beauchemin is worth 5 million a year. :) If Beleskey will command 5 million, and Saad can improve on 50 points a year for the next 6 years, than yeah, he is worth that. 

Heck, 80-100 point players make like 8-11 millin a year. If the issue is just his age, feels like it's unfair to say Saad doesn't deserve it. 

Depends if you mean value based on his age and experience. By that logic, you'd never pay for value and Beauchemin is worth 5 million a year. :) If Beleskey will command 5 million, and Saad can improve on 50 points a year for the next 6 years, than yeah, he is worth that. 

Heck, 80-100 point players make like 8-11 millin a year. If the issue is just his age, feels like it's unfair to say Saad doesn't deserve it. 

Saad is getting overrated here, being a Hawk does that for people. He's still a complimentary winger and will get paid with his potential factored in, but that still doesn't look like 6.5 mil to me right now, and Beleskey is a bad example.

Saad is getting overrated here, being a Hawk does that for people. He's still a complimentary winger and will get paid with his potential factored in, but that still doesn't look like 6.5 mil to me right now, and Beleskey is a bad example.

I dont know...Saad made some players during this postseason that were truly impressive. That breakaway goal when he knocked away Kesler's stick and still buried the shot....yeeeeesh.

While right now he may not be a $6.5 million player, looking ahead he easily could be playing alongside Johansen and putting up some serious numbers. You have to pay a player based on what you think they will do in the future, not what they have done in the past, and that amount for Saad will look like fair value in a few years.