The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZTHER

Draft Day Talk

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: The Bruins retained close to half of Lucic's cap hit/salary in order to make trade work with the cap-strung Kings

Got to be kidding me..... How does Lombardi do it?

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: The Bruins retained close to half of Lucic's cap hit/salary in order to make trade work with the cap-strung Kings

What in the sam hell!?

Bruins now have Subban, Jones, and Rask... they should get on the phone w/ Dallas (#12) or Edmonton (#16) and get 4 picks in a row.

Boston has #13, #14, and #15 now...

I'm going to have to hate on Lucic now.

Kings paid a heavy price for a guy with one year on his contract, and at $6M, he won't be thinking of taking a pay cut. #1 Rounder plus a very good young goalie.

The Kings can mortgage their future and go through another playoff drought.  OK with me.

Frickin Kings able to get Lucic and still have Richards (for now).

Bruins now have Subban, Jones, and Rask... they should get on the phone w/ Dallas (#12) or Edmonton (#16) and get 4 picks in a row.

Boston has #13, #14, and #15 now...

Wow, that's just nuts. Three consecutive fairly high 1st round picks, is that unprecedented? They're going to make a killing. The fact that your Dallas/Edmonton proposal is a realistic possibility blows my mind, the four-bagger for the win!

I love the Lucic deal. I think the Kings got robbed. I wouldn't give up a Top 20 pick for a guy who could hit 50pts at a maximum, and is a UFA with an incredibly high salary demand after this year. Not only that but giving up Jones and Miller? For as bad as the Hamilton deal was, I think Boston swindled a desperate Kings team.

Lucic is a donkey, eff him and the Kings. Something just feels right about him being there and cursing him for d-baggery. 

Maroon will be our answer to him.

Kings don't have a #1 pick today or the following year. This does please me.

Sign Sekera to spite them. Sack Stoner/Wiz.

Kings don't have a #1 pick today or the following year. This does please me.

Sign Sekera to spite them. Sack Stoner/Wiz.

Now that we have Wiz, we don't need Sekera. But I like the spite angle, let's just go with signing Williams, meeting LA in the playoffs again, and having him score the game 7 winner.  ;)

I love the Lucic deal. I think the Kings got robbed. I wouldn't give up a Top 20 pick for a guy who could hit 50pts at a maximum, and is a UFA with an incredibly high salary demand after this year. Not only that but giving up Jones and Miller? For as bad as the Hamilton deal was, I think Boston swindled a desperate Kings team.

Short term win for Los Angeles in my book... but you're right. Lucic brings a lot but for a year? That's an over payment.

The one player I wanted goes to la off all places. What a sucky day. I hope he stinks it up.

I doubt he would've been on our team, but the thought was fun.  I thought he would've moved, and was fine with it, but not to LA.  Whatever, we have enough to counter them this year and they have little in the future, so goes their drought. Yeah, hope he stinks it up too.

They'll flip jones for another 1st so they have 4 1st round picks or more likely they'll trade up. They're going for 3rd overall.

some really good dealing by BOS, knowing 3 or 4 teams are looking for a young GT, Jones' value just went up.  I doubt Jones is enough for a 1st rounder, but a 2nd rounder if it was a straight trade.

I wondered how LA made their cap work.  I don't think I ever heard of retaining cap, just salary.  You sure you can retain cap hit?

I think the embarrassment of missing the playoffs is making them do it.  I'm okay with it now that I've had time to analyze it.  Trading now for future will only hurt them.  They'll go back to their pre-Cup team mediocre ways in a few years.  Jones wasn't going to get that much playing time anyways.  Quick has a lock on the net for many more years.  However you have to think of the fatigue Quick will have, and they'll have to play an average backup, which means less points, which means possibly.......missing the playoffs AGAIN  :lol:  Oh the potential scenario just gets better!

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Bob Murray and Ray Shero have had a nice long chat

I'm sure it's to trade Stoner. Devils need an elite defenseman and we have so many in the roster and a few coming in from the pipeline. Murray is probably willing to part with Stoner for a good forward. Hehe... most likely to trade picks.

Chiarelli: "We'd like to thank the warm city of Florida." 

Huh? 

Looks like a new jersey for the Oilers. 

Did the Oilers get a new jersey or is my vision going?

The ROR deal blows my mind. What the hell is Buffalo thinking? He's a fine addition to add to their core, but he's coming off as a mercenary and might be gone to the highest bidder in a year. Zadarov is a heavy price for a rental.