The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZTHER

Draft Day Talk

Edmonton should win the cup in three years. If not I'm going to laugh so hard.

They still have zero defense & zero goaltending

Riiiight. Danny is head coach for the BuffaLOLs.

The ROR deal blows my mind. What the hell is Buffalo thinking? He's a fine addition to add to their core, but he's coming off as a mercenary and might be gone to the highest bidder in a year. Zadarov is a heavy price for a rental.

I would think Buf could outbid anyone with all that cap.

Great deal for Col tho jeez

They still have zero defense & zero goaltending

With all that talent up front they'll be better at breaking out of the zone. Goaltending is bad though.

@icemancometh: As of now, it's pretty quiet with the Ducks. Bob Murray has talked about moving up a few spots from No. 27 if he can.

So does that arena only have movie themes to play over the PA? Heard the Avengers theme earlier, now the Jurrasic Park theme. 

Edmonton should win the cup in three years. If not I'm going to laugh so hard.

I doubt it. Gonna take at least 5 to get that D up to scratch.

I would think Buf could outbid anyone with all that cap.

Great deal for Col tho jeez

Yeah? I don't think it's that great. Grigorenko is a risk to leave for the KHL and I'm not that convinced by Zadorov. IMO, BUF did well on this one and Murray made up for that overpayment he made for Lehner.

I really thought Hanafin would go #3 or 4.

Nah. ARI and TOR both needed forwards. Nylander and Marner could be absolutely dynamic in a few years.

I doubt it. Gonna take at least 5 to get that D up to scratch.

3 years was optimistic but I think they'll be competitive in 3 years. Unfortunately they have a lot of prospects that will fill in for that blue line. Nurse looks like a promising player and at some point the pirate hooker is going to get it together.

Nah. ARI and TOR both needed forwards. Nylander and Marner could be absolutely dynamic in a few years.

That makes sense, but those guys need everything lol. I guess it's just my thinking that if a d-man and forward are both highly rated and close in the draft ranking, you take the d-man unless your org is already stacked. Skilled forwards are attainable, top shelf defensemen are unicorns. 

That makes sense, but those guys need everything lol. I guess it's just my thinking that if a d-man and forward are both highly rated and close in the draft ranking, you take the d-man unless your org is already stacked. Skilled forwards are attainable, top shelf defensemen are unicorns. 

D-men are higher risk though. However, if CAR all pan out, they'll be absolutely stacked. Faulk, Hanafin, Fleury. 

Glad NBCSN decided to do their own thing this year and not simulcast Sportsnet's broadcast. 

God, I think they're still talking about the Leafs pick on Sportnet. 

Yeah? I don't think it's that great. Grigorenko is a risk to leave for the KHL and I'm not that convinced by Zadorov. IMO, BUF did well on this one and Murray made up for that overpayment he made for Lehner.

O'Riley was going to leave in one season and they walk away with two Nhl ready elite prospects and basically a late 1st

O'Riley was going to leave in one season and they walk away with two Nhl ready elite prospects and basically a late 1st

I'm not against trading ROR, but surely they could have done better. I guess not.