The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
duck123

Etem Traded To Rangers, In Exchange For Hagelin:

Heard rumors that Rangers are testing market for Etem. Nobody wants to bite but they'll easily claim him from waivers, which doesn't make sense to me. Send some bad salary back to the Rangers and then acquire the guy you want. Though most likely they'll send Moore to someone so that Etem has a spot.

Heard rumors that Rangers are testing market for Etem. Nobody wants to bite but they'll easily claim him from waivers, which doesn't make sense to me. Send some bad salary back to the Rangers and then acquire the guy you want. Though most likely they'll send Moore to someone so that Etem has a spot.

Watch him end up on the Kings.
  • Like 1

Watch him end up on the Kings.

I have a funny feeling he's going to end up in Arizona. Some up an coming talent, regular play time and relatively close to home AND a divisional rival.

But mostly because with the younger talent on the roster, it's less about physical grinding play than it would be for the Kings and I think Etem could improve in their system

What the... How are the NYR going to close out their third game before the Ducks even touch the ice for their first game.

• Like 2

2 more goals for Lindberg so far tonight... Eesh.

Good on him, it would be cool to see a rookie put up those numbers consistently. It's been a number years we've seen a rookie put up high numbers :)

Good on him, it would be cool to see a rookie put up those numbers consistently. It's been a number years we've seen a rookie put up high numbers :)

True it would be kinda neat, especially if we see a rebound in scoring numbers in general from last year.

If I'm Etem I'm sweating though. The Rangers lineup is looking tougher to crack with each successive game. I thought they were supposed to be depleted of all prospects after Sather sold the farm :(

Etem for Stoner straight up! Right NAO!

^ I made this up on the spot without any actual deep knowledge of the contract and need situations. I just wanna dump the bear killer.

• Like 1

Etem Watch 2015: Scratched against CBJ.

Man, seems like more of the same from him. Bummer. Still rooting for the kid, and I don't want to jump the gun, but this trade is looking pretty lopsided about now. Basically, Hagelin + Nättinen <-----> Etem + Gropp. Natty + Gropp are probably a wash, and the Rags also benefited from the extra cap space by not having to pay Hags, but I'm sure they expected to get see way more upside/usefulness from Etem.

True it would be kinda neat, especially if we see a rebound in scoring numbers in general from last year.

If I'm Etem I'm sweating though. The Rangers lineup is looking tougher to crack with each successive game. I thought they were supposed to be depleted of all prospects after Sather sold the farm :(

I still don't see them going further than the east finals. They're a fast team, that's an environment where most players with wheels can thrive/contribute especially younger players. Until they start playing more contenders and the bigger teams in the West, I wouldn't be too worried :)

I still don't see them going further than the east finals. They're a fast team, that's an environment where most players with wheels can thrive/contribute especially younger players. Until they start playing more contenders and the bigger teams in the West, I wouldn't be too worried :)

You never know when Lundqvist might stand on his head. If they get him to the finals, he can carry.

• Like 1

Etem isn't doing so well in NY.

@drosennhl: Also, in Over the Boards, I spoke to Emerson Etem today. He has an interesting plan for when (if) he gets back in. https://t.co/Bg0LUYrIId

You have to like his attitude, shame the guy has such nice tools but can't seem to put it together at this level. Speaking of his tools though: " It's not as if he has come to a team that absolutely needs what he can bring -- size, speed, shot -- right now"

Shot?

• Like 1

You have to like his attitude, shame the guy has such nice tools but can't seem to put it together at this level. Speaking of his tools though: " It's not as if he has come to a team that absolutely needs what he can bring -- size, speed, shot -- right now"

Shot?

Typo. They meant to write "vision". 

:lol:

• Like 2

Etem in for the Rangers tonight against the Ducks.

He hasn't potted a goal yet this season, which I'm sure Hazy will mention moments before he gets his first as a Ranger.  <_<

• Like 3

Etem in for the Rangers tonight against the Ducks.

He hasn't potted a goal yet this season, which I'm sure Hazy will mention moments before he gets his first as a Ranger.  <_<

If  Hazy mentions it - he will be guaranteed a HAT TRICK. IMHO

• Like 1

Pat Leonard - @PLeonardNYDN

Alain Vigneault says Emerson Etem has been assigned to AHL for conditioning #NYR

19GP, 0G, 3A, -4. Last game he played was against Florida, he went -2 and turned the puck over late in the first which resulted in what would eventually become the GWG. Can't imagine Alain took that lightly.

• Like 1

Traded to Vancouver.

Glad for the kid.

NY was not a good fit and hopefully he gets the chance to develop in a system that is not in contention for a Stanley Cup.

• Like 1

Traded to Vancouver.

Glad for the kid.

NY was not a good fit and hopefully he gets the chance to develop in a system that is not in contention for a Stanley Cup.

Wow that was pretty quick.

For Jensen and a pick.

Hope both of them can stick.

• Like 2

I'm still bullish on trading Etem away.

Hagelin has obviously not been very good for Anaheim, but the team as a whole has struggled to put up points. I think that most of the guys will snap out of this funk at some point.

• Like 2

Etem to Vancouver for Niklas Jensen.

Management must be seeing something that we are not. Must be some " flaw" in his game or his demeanor that isn't obvious to the casual observer ( fans ). I liked him and wish him well - except when he plays against us.

• Like 2

Good article. He talks the talk but can he walk the walk ? Self knowledge is just KNOWLEDGE - you have to stick to a plan that makes it work. That remains to be a function of coaching and HARD WORK - we shall see if EE has both. I like the guy wish he had the awakening BEFORE we traded him !!