The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Administrator

La Kings Catch All (5)

Carter just tried to bulldozer Luongo. And Doughboy with a delay of game shortly after. C'mon Cats, make em pay!

Edit: puke

Regarding the Kopitar situation:

I like him just as much as the next guy. But IMO, he became one of the most underrated guys to overrated very quickly, and a lot of it had to do with the Eastern Conference exposure during the Kings Cup runs. He's NEVER averaged a PPG season in his career. He has Zero personal accolades and awards, both playoffs and in regular season. He does have 2 Stanley Cups but so does Jarrett Stoll. And I thought he was ok last year, he had a mediocre year, both offensively and shockingly, defensively as well. I thought his Selke nomination last year was based off reputation rather than merit.

But then again, Vincent Lecavalier (buyout + current salary) and Phil Kessel (good job leafs) are both earning over $10 mil this year so I guess I don't blame Kopitar for wanting 10 mil.

I don't know if that's a fair assessment. Kopitar posted 81 pts in 2010, and he's had 4 other seasons where he's scored 70+ pts. thats pretty good if you ask me, especially since he's been playing in a system that's notoriously unkind to offense for that past 4 or 5 seasons, and much like Kesler, kopitar gets the toughest defensive match ups every night. Let's not forget that he also has 60 pts in 70 career playoff games, while being a plus 22. Pretty impressive.

He's a complete 2-way hockey player with literally no holes in his game. When guys like stastny and spezza are getting 7 mil per year, I'd say kopitar is easily worth 9-10 mil per.

In recent LOL KINGS news, the organization has suspended G Patrik Bartosak without pay following domestic violence allegations which led to his arrest in Manchester. Kings statement here.

Obviously it's no laughing matter considering the seriousness of the charge... But, considering the fact that I've heard his name thrown around as the top goalie prospect in the system... Well I've had a couple of muahahas over it.

This sorry Canucks team is somehow up on L.A. 1-0 after two periods...

Realized the only thing worse than watching the Ducks on the PP is watching Vancouver...

I don't know if that's a fair assessment. Kopitar posted 81 pts in 2010, and he's had 4 other seasons where he's scored 70+ pts. thats pretty good if you ask me, especially since he's been playing in a system that's notoriously unkind to offense for that past 4 or 5 seasons, and much like Kesler, kopitar gets the toughest defensive match ups every night. Let's not forget that he also has 60 pts in 70 career playoff games, while being a plus 22. Pretty impressive.

He's a complete 2-way hockey player with literally no holes in his game. When guys like stastny and spezza are getting 7 mil per year, I'd say kopitar is easily worth 9-10 mil per.

Inclined to agree... I don't think he's over rated at all.

Easily the best forward on the Kings, arguably the best forward in all of California.

Looks like Hedman gave Clifford a nice elbow.

On the serious side, how in the heck is that not a suspendable hit? :huh:

The word is, they felt the 2 minute penalty was enough punishment. Really? I know it's Clifford who received the hit but to my knowledge, despite being a pain in the rear end, he has not been suspended previously despite playing with an edge.

It seems to me that the new regime is taking a more lenient view of head shots as opposed to the prior one and the players all seem to know it and are playing accordingly.

On a side note.....no suspension on the groin shot to Marchand? That was flat out nasty and dangerous.

$5000 fine......lol...okay.

To top it off, the giver of the groin shot....Prust, laughed at the fine and said it was "well worth it." They should slap him for another $5000 just for being a smarta$$.

Kadri just got leveled by the Lucic train.

Made me smile. :D

I like it, I love it, I want more of it!

No thoughts on the Weal + 3rd -> Schenn + Vinnie trade?

Kings have pretty well bled their prospect pool dry now.

Some LOLs. Blues beat the Kings in the SO. Blues had 16 SOG, three of which came from OT. That and acquiring Luke Sbisa.

I needed that.

So isn't tonight like the 1 zillionth time this year the Kings get to play a team we played the night before?  WTH is with this every year?  I know it's got to be insanely difficult to schedule teams with arena availability along with the team schedules.  But this is out of control giving the Kings a crazy advantage.  When does this reverse and the Ducks become the benefactor of playing tired teams after playing those clowns up the 5 freeway?

So isn't tonight like the 1 zillionth time this year the Kings get to play a team we played the night before? WTH is with this every year? I know it's got to be insanely difficult to schedule teams with arena availability along with the team schedules. But this is out of control giving the Kings a crazy advantage. When does this reverse and the Ducks become the benefactor of playing tired teams after playing those clowns up the 5 freeway?

I was thinking this same thing tonight. It seems like it happens all the time that the Kings get to play a team on the 2nd half of back to backs right after the team just played us. I know it's happened the other way around at least once this season, but it feels like it happens way more often for the Kings than us.

Can't understand why the Wings didn't start Howard against the Ducks.

Seems like they should have gone to the better of the two goalies for the game against the Kings and let us have a shot at making Howard look like an all star as is our custom.

It's one of those games I wish NHL games could end in a tie. Just so no one team can win. Go K... Nope. Can't say it. Go R... Nope. Can't say that one too.

So tired of the Kings benefiting from playing teams the night after the Ducks played them. Seems like every team that comes through SoCal always play the Ducks first on back to backs and the Kings get the team on the back end when they are tired.

How in the world can Tyler Toffoli have 20 goals already?! Ugh. And four ten goal scorers in LA total. 

And I really don't like how the Ducks seem to be the first stop on California road trips. Hey, you've had a couple of days off, play the Ducks. Then go play LA/SJ the following night, or perhaps the night after. Case in point: Toronto. Ducks on 6th, Kings on 7th, Sharks on 9th. Even if the games aren't stacked, Ducks catch the initial whatever. I offer up Washington's March road trip: Ducks on 7th, Kings on 9th, Sharks on 12th. Same for Tampa in December: Ducks on 2nd, Sharks on 5th, Kings on 6th. Only team to beat Tampa at home...the last one on the swing through the state. And even when the Ducks aren't the first one, they're certainly not the last. Detroit: beat San Jose on the 7th, beat the Ducks on the 10th, and got beat by LA last night.

Going to be interesting given the span of days on the current Senators trip whether the latter teams will have an easier time. Anaheim on the 13th, Los Angeles on the 16th and San Jose on the 18th. 

Kopitar close to 8 year $80 million deal

He's the second best center behind Toews in the West. Rarely makes mistakes, doesn't get moved off the puck easily, and plays a hell of a defensive game. Really well deserved for a strong player with 2 cups. 

Kopitar close to 8 year $80 million deal

​I read that the only thing holding back the signature is that Kopitar wants a NMC. I don't think Lombardi hands those out though.

So tired of the Kings benefiting from playing teams the night after the Ducks played them. Seems like every team that comes through SoCal always play the Ducks first on back to backs and the Kings get the team on the back end when they are tired.

it is like that every year. Half the year the Kings get the second game an half the year the Ducks do. Kind of wish they would switch up more often

edit looked it it and this year is worse than I thought. It looks like 10/11 times the Kings get the second game and the Ducks only get it 5 times.

I didn't look at the Sharks and see how often back to backs happen with them. 

​I read that the only thing holding back the signature is that Kopitar wants a NMC. I don't think Lombardi hands those out though.

Brown has a limited one. I think he can exclude 6(?) teams