The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Administrator

La Kings Catch All (5)

Kopitar year by year: $14 mil, $13 mil, $12 mil, $11mil, $8mil, $8mil,$7mil,$7 mil. No move clause immediately and first 4 yrs.

$10m x 8 years for Kopitar. Lol to Kings fans who thought they could get him for $8m.

Full NMC for 4 years, limited NTC for the rest is what I'm seeing. And frontloaded as Jiggy posted in the salary breakdown.

Must be nice being a cap team....

Hopefully they're gonna be bleeding talent when the cap doesn't go up courtesy of the flailing loonie.

The cap is $71.4m right now, and with the freefall of the Canadian dollar some are speculating it might even go DOWN next season, and at least stagnate (personally I'm guessing it still goes up by at least $1m, but we'll see). $10m is a huge chunk of the cap for one guy. Kings will be hugging the ceiling for sure.

That Brown contract must be looking even more disgusting than usual right about now. And the $4M/year for Martinez until 2021 for that matter.

And while we're at it, wouldn't it be great if Vinny decided not to retire this summer and stayed on the books for another couple years? Ahhhh...

Getting Lucic signed the new priority according to Lombardi.  How's he gonna make it work, unless Lucic taking a "hometown" discount?

Choke by the Kings. Up 3-1 to the Sens and lose 5-3.

Really just a matter of getting shots on net. Kings do such a great job in limiting scoring chances, but if you can get past that, Quick is usually hit or miss...

Really just a matter of getting shots on net. Kings do such a great job in limiting scoring chances, but if you can get past that, Quick is usually hit or miss...

Hence, the problem the Ducks have had most of the season - hitting the net.

That Brown contract must be looking even more disgusting than usual right about now. And the $4M/year for Martinez until 2021 for that matter.

And while we're at it, wouldn't it be great if Vinny decided not to retire this summer and stayed on the books for another couple years? Ahhhh...

I was really hoping he had a 35+ contract. I had absolutely no idea he's only 35 right now. C'mon Vinny, you got two more seasons left in the tank!

Laughing at how the King's announcers are trying to spin Dustin Brown buying into a new role that won't have him scoring that much anymore...

He's been in that role the last 3 seasons folks!

Just watch. Lombardi will figure out some new and underhanded way out of that mess... like he did with Richards.

Just watch. Lombardi will figure out some new and underhanded way out of that mess... like he did with Richards.

The standard to void the contract doesn't seem that high.  Voynov was a no-brainer, but I didn't think the Richards' void would have stuck had it gone through the legal process.  Drugs are viewed as a disability, and professional athletes have some loose justification due to pain management issues.

Why is it when the Kings acquire out to pasture players they produce lights out.

First Gaborik and now LeCavalier! WTF

It's the Cocaine!!!

The standard to void the contract doesn't seem that high.  Voynov was a no-brainer, but I didn't think the Richards' void would have stuck had it gone through the legal process.  Drugs are viewed as a disability, and professional athletes have some loose justification due to pain management issues.

EXACTLY... Richard would have gone through the CBA's drug program.

Lombardi bought his way out of it be voiding the contract illegally and then settling with Richards.

Wild 3-0 on the Kings... w/ 10 minutes left... =)

EXACTLY... Richard would have gone through the CBA's drug program.

Lombardi bought his way out of it be voiding the contract illegally and then settling with Richards.

Wild 3-0 on the Kings... w/ 10 minutes left... =)

Could very well be The Kings 1st round opponent.

One can dream.

I'll give it to King's fans though.....down 3-0 with under 4 minutes left and hardly a soul has left the arena.

Honda Center would look like someone yelled "FIRE" and mass exodus would ensue.

Edit: Lol oops....Bob Miller just said a lot of fans just left the building.

I'll give it to King's fans though.....down 3-0 with under 4 minutes left and hardly a soul has left the arena.

Honda Center would look like someone yelled "FIRE" and mass exodus would ensue.

Most of them don't have jobs, though.

Interesting Kings goal.  Goalie takes off his mask expecting a whistle, but no whistle is blown.  Kings shoots into the uncovered net.

AKIN to a batter requesting time, steps out of the batters box, but the umpire never grants it and calls the next pitch a strike.

@NHLPlayerSafety: Los Angeles' Milan Lucic will have a hearing today for roughing/sucker punch on Arizona's Kevin Connauton.

That's good, but that said, the play which precipitated Lucic's anger should be evaluated (league wide). The slashing chops to the hands above the gloves are dangerous and need to be addressed. Perry gets slashed like this repeatedly.

Anyone see that video going around the FB? Bailey slams a whip cream pie in the face of a Senators fan.

Whole thing looks staged to me. I'm going back and forth on it being real or not. If that poor excuse of a mascot even remotely touched me...

Anyone see that video going around the FB? Bailey slams a whip cream pie in the face of a Senators fan.

Whole thing looks staged to me. I'm going back and forth on it being real or not. If that poor excuse of a mascot even remotely touched me...

Frenzy the barracuda would like a word...hJS4o0V.png

That's good, but that said, the play which precipitated Lucic's anger should be evaluated (league wide). The slashing chops to the hands above the gloves are dangerous and need to be addressed. Perry gets slashed like this repeatedly.

I agree that the league should look at slashing. Silfver was out due to slashing. And Perry gets slashed at least once a game. I have to admit that I agree with Lucic that the refs turn a blind eye because of who he is. Fortunately, Perry has kept his cool.