The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

poum

Nhl Catch-All For 2015-16

I figured there should be one. Just for little gems like this that pop up every so often from the likes of Tortorella who is good for a few more as well.

“We’re not going to whine here,” he said. “Pittsburgh can whine. Pittsburgh whines enough for the whole league, so there’s no room for any other team to whine. We just go about our business.”

Classic Torts!

Also... Kane's streak continues. Ugh. What happened to media distraction?

Probably should add this thread is for all the small stupid little stuff that doesn't deserve it's own thread. Like the aforementioned I pointed out.

John Scott is currently 1st place in the ASG fan voting contest. I honestly couldn't think of a better captain to represent the Pacific Division. 

John Scott is currently 1st place in the ASG fan voting contest. I honestly couldn't think of a better captain to represent the Pacific Division. 

That's hilarious, I want him voted in sooooo bad it hurts. 3v3 trolling.

How about Jagr's tweet?

Fans-I appreciate your votes for All-Star game, but 3 on 3 would kill me,and i don't want to die yet:)Thank you for understanding. Too old:)

:lol:  He's the best.

Oh please, oh please let this happen!

A question for those who follow players off ice lives. Is John Scott the type of person who would take this in stride knowing full well it's a joke? Type of person who is able to laugh at himself. Or is he the the super serious gonna hate every moment of this embarrassment?

Honestly, I could enjoy this either way.

[edit] Question answered:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/john-scott-on-leading-all-star-vote---definitely-don-t-want-to-be-voted-in-220242904.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory&soc_trk=tw

Teemu offering support to Jagr. This is awesome.

Teemu:

@68Jagr I vote you bud! You are not that old yet! And you are SO much smarter than this days kids anyway!!! Keep it rolling my friend!

Did I ever mention how much I hate the Predators? There's a video of James Neal flopping to the ice and the refs cussing him out before giving him a penalty for embellishment and it's the best thing I've seen all day :')

I'd post it if not for the NSFW language and my 2 bans  :P

Of course just a couple of plays before that you have Red Wing at heart Roman Josi crosschecking Marchand from behind into the boards and repeatedly jabbing him in the face when he's down. Good on Marchand for not taking his nonsense anymore and dropping the gloves with someone bigger than him but of course Josi goes for the takedown. Nobody likes it when I say that guy is one of the sneakiest dirtbags in the league but seriously.. Take away his King Kong babysitter Shea Weber and he'd get far more players seeking retribution for all the stunts he pulls. In one month he's crosschecked Perry in the face before hiding behind Weber, thrown punches at Fowler in an already outnumbered scrum before hiding behind Weber, and hid behind Weber after Getzlaf got in his face for a Tootoo-tier flop. I'd hate that team's guts if he was the only player on it and that's before I have to watch Ribeiro/Neal/Fisher/Rinne/Gaustad stinking up the rink in their nasty vomit coloured uniforms. Call me salty but as of right now I don't think there's a team I despise more than them. 

Did I ever mention how much I hate the Predators? There's a video of James Neal flopping to the ice and the refs cussing him out before giving him a penalty for embellishment and it's the best thing I've seen all day :')

Of course just a couple of plays before that you have Red Wing at heart Roman Josi crosschecking Marchand from behind into the boards and repeatedly jabbing him in the face when he's down. Good on Marchand for not taking his nonsense anymore and dropping the gloves with someone bigger than him but of course Josi goes for the takedown. Nobody likes it when I say that guy is one of the sneakiest dirtbags in the league but seriously.. Take away his King Kong babysitter Shea Weber and he'd get far more players seeking retribution for all the stunts he pulls. In one month he's crosschecked Perry in the face before hiding behind Weber, thrown punches at Fowler in an already outnumbered scrum before hiding behind Weber, and hid behind Weber after Getzlaf got in his face for a Tootoo-tier flop. I'd hate that team's guts if he was the only player on it and that's before I have to watch Ribeiro/Neal/Fisher/Rinne/Gaustad stinking up the rink in their nasty vomit coloured uniforms. Call me salty but as of right now I don't think there's a team I despise more than them.

Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you (Everybody seems to be quoting Star Wars as of late but couldn't resist :-)).

:lol:  I saw that, nearly spat my drink out. Neal is such a piece of dung, for once I have to give props to Tim Peel.

Can someone please end this stupid streak!?

We shouldda done it when we played them...but we decided not to play for 2 minutes + OT. It's our fault he's still streaking. As disgusting as it is, we should care more about us being better. Nothing like ousting his team in the playoffs and beating him up with a Bieksa in the process.

Oh, oh how do I loathe the Stars. A couple minutes into the game the jumbotron basically bashes Leafs fans which was posted on twitter. The Leafs and Stars twitter battle begins.

Saw the progress through TSN. Required a little context for me as I don't follow baseball.

:lol: I saw that, nearly spat my drink out. Neal is such a piece of dung, for once I have to give props to Tim Peel.

Kerry Fraser had an intersting take. Only took two points away from it. (1) Peel is respected Leauge wide? Hah! I have to think that's Fraser not calling out a colleague. And (2) the officials get dvds to review the game afterwards. Kinda wish someone would sit down with them and point out why certain calls were good or bad though. Clearly Kozari, LaRue, Lee, Peel, O'Rourke, Rooney, Watson need their hand held in judging calls. I probably just named more refs than I could Carolina players. That's sad.

Kerry Fraser had an intersting take. Only took two points away from it. (1) Peel is respected Leauge wide? Hah! I have to think that's Fraser not calling out a colleague. And (2) the officials get dvds to review the game afterwards. Kinda wish someone would sit down with them and point out why certain calls were good or bad though. Clearly Kozari, LaRue, Lee, Peel, O'Rourke, Rooney, Watson need their hand held in judging calls. I probably just named more refs than I could Carolina players. That's sad.

I'm a little easier on the refs these days, I felt differently when I honestly though a few of them just had it in for us, even if not biased against the team some seem to give in to the "big bad Ducks" reputation calls. Now, NHL refs just seem generally incompetent as a group, but I don't blame the individuals, I blame the league for tweaking the rules every damn summer and for having a constantly changing standard. The refs are always being pressed to call certain aspects of the game tighter or looser depending on how the wind blows each year. Not to mention how the game is getting faster while less physical, making it easier to miss things and tougher to say what is too physical and what isn't. 

Some of the tweaking has been OK though, the coach's challenge is the best thing they've done in a long while. It needs some refining, but it is a much needed tool to account for the growing speed of the game and game-changing calls being botched (refs are humans after all, Kozari aside). I'd like to see more transparency though, when a call is decided by a CC or by the TO war room, show the fans the definitive angle or explain what rule is being utilized. 

Sorry, what were we talking about again, I went on a tangent there.

/rant   :ph34r:

I'm a little easier on the refs these days, I felt differently when I honestly though a few of them just had it in for us, even if not biased against the team some seem to give in to the "big bad Ducks" reputation calls. Now, NHL refs just seem generally incompetent as a group, but I don't blame the individuals, I blame the league for tweaking the rules every damn summer and for having a constantly changing standard. The refs are always being pressed to call certain aspects of the game tighter or looser depending on how the wind blows each year. Not to mention how the game is getting faster while less physical, making it easier to miss things and tougher to say what is too physical and what isn't. 

Some of the tweaking has been OK though, the coach's challenge is the best thing they've done in a long while. It needs some refining, but it is a much needed tool to account for the growing speed of the game and game-changing calls being botched (refs are humans after all, Kozari aside). I'd like to see more transparency though, when a call is decided by a CC or by the TO war room, show the fans the definitive angle or explain what rule is being utilized. 

Sorry, what were we talking about again, I went on a tangent there.

/rant   :ph34r:

Is it true that he is from the planet KOZAR where their brain is the size of a WALNUT ( a small one )   :lol:

What's the point of blowing out the Hawks if you're going to let the dumbest streak in sports continue? Freaking worthless Trashville just banish them to the KHL already.

This is worse than Detroit's playoff streak and there's nothing worse than Detroit's playoff streak.

Yep and his disgusting streak continues.  It's just been an awful hockey season for me.  Bad enough that my Ducks are one of the worst Ducks teams ever, but now I have to continually endure that loser Kane having his best hockey season ever.  I guess being accused and most probably guilty of a felony crime agrees with that little excuse of a human being.  

What's even more disgusting is the NHL making him the poster child for the NHL.  There is no excuse for this, I really am so disappointed in the one sport that I've loved and watched for years.

Colorado is my new favourite team

We should give them our 3 consecutive division title banners as an x-mas/thank you present

Colorado is my new favourite team

We should give them our 3 consecutive division title banners as an x-mas/thank you present

We already gifted them a forward. I think we're good.

Kane's streak ends.

Hahaa, little twerp.  Must've got distracted by a pretty face in the stands.  And every time I hear someone say kaner, I want to punch them in the mouth.

We already gifted them a forward. I think we're good.

3 goals!  scored more goals than over half our team.  smh.

I thought Beauchemin was a defenceman  :P

<_< this season

They stole Beauch and Wags, and Barrie took out Despres. I like the Avs, but they'll need to do more than snap some creep's streak to get a pat on the back from me this season.  ;)

How strange is it that the night the Penguins have Sid sit out a game with an injury, both Kessel and Gino come up with 2 goal performances?

For whatever reason, Malkin seems to pick up his game when Crosby is "not" in the lineup.

So are the Penguins a better team with Crosby in the press box? Is there some sort of divide there in Penguinland?

Something is amiss there for sure.

How strange is it that the night the Penguins have Sid sit out a game with an injury, both Kessel and Gino come up with 2 goal performances?

For whatever reason, Malkin seems to pick up his game when Crosby is "not" in the lineup.

So are the Penguins a better team with Crosby in the press box? Is there some sort of divide there in Penguinland?

Trade Getzlaugh for Crosbee. Instant win. Malkin is their undisputed 1st line center, Getz 2nd, ours are Crosby-Kesler. All fun!

Malkin is unhappy, wanted to be traded this summer if I remember correctly.  They told him to quiet down.  No fun in Penguinland :(

Malkin is unhappy, wanted to be traded this summer if I remember correctly.  They told him to quiet down.  No fun in Penguinland :(

Yeah, Sid is such a polarizing figure.

He has not been the same since the concussion he received at the outdoor game a few years back.