The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

poum

Nhl Catch-All For 2015-16

Good piece. Happy to have most of the Swedes we do-I'm looking at you, Foilberg.

Hahaha his precious metal value keeps dropping

Next years draft to be held in Chicago

*rolls eyes*

*rolls eyes*

I'll take a draft over the ASG, but for crying out loud, can we please get something?! Stupid BoG.

I'll take a draft over the ASG, but for crying out loud, can we please get something?! Stupid BoG.

How about another Cup?

How about another Cup?

Ooooooh, one of those would be very nice. Guess I was thinking too small, need to dream big.

let's see for next year:  LA gets the ASG.  CHI gets the Draft.  ANA gets their third Cup.

Naw, I'm good.  Thanks.

Much better.

Looking at Detroit's Goalie situation makes it seem like the Ducks goalie decision woes are basically a walk in the park.

The Wings are looking for a taker for Howard, currently the backup, at around 5.5 mil a year through the 18-19 season.

Mrazek is RFA at the end of this season and is obviously the future and current starter.

Yikes!

2014 NHL Stadium Series. Don't expect anything special for the next twenty years.*

* Cups not included.

McDavid is ridiculous, my goodness. I hate the Oil so much right now lol. 

I can't see them moving Eberle now, he and McDavid are dynamite together.

Still gonna get Jultz'ed out of the playoffs. Erh erh erh :)

Okay, this so-and-so is not getting any punishment from the league for that kind of hit? Wow, way to go DoPS-or should I say dopes. 

Un flippin believable.

What a moron! The puck was away and the player was not a threat in any way, shape or form. It would have been a crappy hit even if the guy still had the puck on his stick but he was basically defenseless and vulnerable.

I love this game but have to admit that it is getting tougher and tougher to remain a fan of a game where the rules are so bloody inconsistent and unpredictable.

Un flippin believable.

What a moron! The puck was away and the player was not a threat in any way, shape or form. It would have been a crappy hit even if the guy still had the puck on his stick but he was basically defenseless and vulnerable.

I love this game but have to admit that it is getting tougher and tougher to remain a fan of a game where the rules are so bloody inconsistent and unpredictable.

Not to mention, from a pure tactical standpoint, VandeVelde had Catenacci well in hand to where he had to reach for the puck. The fact that he was vulnerable makes it even worse. Didn't like the schmuck when he was in Tampa, really don't like him now that he's in Philadelphia.

Love the game, but some of these idiots, Rinaldo, Gudas, Torres need to be run out of the game. Hell, even Carcillo realized the writing was on the wall. Cooke got waived by Minnesota. Gudas states he will not change his game, even though Hextall and Hakstol gave him a talking to today. His disciplinary record without question is worse this year, and I'm still mad about his hit on Selanne.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Michael-Pachla/Radko-Gudas-yet-another-in-the-long-line-of-Philly-goons/209/74700

Not to mention, from a pure tactical standpoint, VandeVelde had Catenacci well in hand to where he had to reach for the puck. The fact that he was vulnerable makes it even worse. Didn't like the schmuck when he was in Tampa, really don't like him now that he's in Philadelphia.

Love the game, but some of these idiots, Rinaldo, Gudas, Torres need to be run out of the game. Hell, even Carcillo realized the writing was on the wall. Cooke got waived by Minnesota. Gudas states he will not change his game, even though Hextall and Hakstol gave him a talking to today. His disciplinary record without question is worse this year, and I'm still mad about his hit on Selanne.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Michael-Pachla/Radko-Gudas-yet-another-in-the-long-line-of-Philly-goons/209/74700

The article describes his game as "old time hockey." Uhhhh no it's not.

This old time hockey crap is just that....crap. It's a myth.

I have been watching this game for quite a while and do not recall the vicious head shots in the past that we have seen in recent years. They used to try to separate the guy from the puck but these days, some are trying to separate the guy from his head!

Add to that the fact the guys are bigger, stronger and faster and wear equipment that goes way beyond what is necessary. The elbow pads today are lethal weapons and the shoulder pads made of the same hard plastic are just as bad.

Old time hockey "used to mean" that guys were accountable and usually had to answer in the way of a fight. Fighting and accountability, that was old time hockey.

Somebody is going to be killed on the ice one of these days and I just hope that I am not there to see it live.

You suck Rangers, thanks for nothing you bums. 4-3 lead on LA late in the 3rd and end up losing in OT. 

BBBBOOOOOOOOO!

I think that is the 6th time this season they have tied a game in the last minute and then gone on to win in OT.

Carter, Lucic, Kopitar, and Doughty going all out at the same time to score a goal is almost impossible to stop.

lol Hertl scores for the Sharks but it's waived off for a high stick and then on the same shift he scores again this time off a re-direct and it counts.

The inconsistency in penalties, fines and suspensions is disheartening.  Simmnonds was kicked out for his sucker punch even though he was high sticked in the face first. Getz gets sucker punched and nothing. 

I also found it interesting that Getz and Perron commented on the "too many men on the ice" penalty.

Perron making an excuse for the refs while calling them out:

“They tried to pull a quick change there,” Ducks winger David Perron said. “I think if it’s regulation, they probably get away with that. It’s a little bit easier on the refs to look at changes on 3-on-3. There’s less guys to look at. “But they didn’t get away with that one. We were able to score there. Nice goal by Getzy.”

Getz's politically correct take on it:

Getzlaf said he thought the Blackhawks’ changes were close all night.

Okay, going to dig up the can of worms again but did anybody see the kicked in goal that was allowed from Berglund tonight?

How is that any less a kick than what Cogs did a few weeks ago vs The Kings?

To top it off, it was initially ruled a no goal and then overturned in Toronto.

Head scratcher for sure.

Not finding it anywhere so I can post the video but check NHL highlights to see the play. 

Okay, going to dig up the can of worms again but did anybody see the kicked in goal that was allowed from Berglund tonight?

Head scratcher for sure.

Not finding it anywhere so I can post the video but check NHL highlights to see the play.

Complete bull#%^*. Toronto clearly has no real- let alone consistent- definition of distinct kicking motion, they just flip a coin and phone it in to the on-ice officials.

Complete bull#%^*. Toronto clearly has no real- let alone consistent- definition of distinct kicking motion, they just flip a coin and phone it in to the on-ice officials.

Word on the street is Maggie The Monkey is calling the shots in Toronto...

Head scratcher for sure.

Saw it live... they ABSOLUTELY needed to stick w/ the call on the ice there.

The time has come to just allow players to kick the puck into the net as long as their skate remains on the ice (safety).

The time has come to just allow players to kick the puck into the net as long as their skate remains on the ice (safety).

NHL wants more goals? They made goalie pads so big and poor Maple Laughs can't score now? The Solution??? Let them kick it in like the bosses they are!

I'm on board with that as long as the skate blade doesn't leave the ice.

NHL wants more goals? They made goalie pads so big and poor Maple Laughs can't score now? The Solution??? Let them kick it in like the bosses they are!

I'm on board with that as long as the skate blade doesn't leave the ice.

AGREE - it would speed up the game and add a LITTLE bit more scoring. Does anyone have any numbers on how MANY kicked in goals were reviewed - Z??Z

Word on the street is Maggie The Monkey is calling the shots in Toronto...

Hey if Maggie was in charge they'd actually get a few things right every once in a while.

She was a legend

I have been watching this game for quite a while and do not recall the vicious head shots in the past that we have seen in recent years. They used to try to separate the guy from the puck but these days, some are trying to separate the guy from his head!

Add to that the fact the guys are bigger, stronger and faster and wear equipment that goes way beyond what is necessary. The elbow pads today are lethal weapons and the shoulder pads made of the same hard plastic are just as bad.

Old time hockey "used to mean" that guys were accountable and usually had to answer in the way of a fight. Fighting and accountability, that was old time hockey.

Somebody is going to be killed on the ice one of these days and I just hope that I am not there to see it live.

Seems like quite a few players have forgotten that teensy little idea. You hit the puck carrier for a sensible reason, related to game play. If it's a spectacular hit as well as being effective at gaining possession, even better. 

I go to enough games to not be cognizant of the potential for serious injury or death with this kind of rampant dumb running 'round on skates. Bill Masterton was a bad situation, this stuff is just idiotic. 

Still fuming about Torres' hit on Silf too.

A few laughs, particularly as Brad May is one of the few named individuals in this story. http://www.si.com/nhl/2016/01/19/nhl-lockerroom-fines-hockey-kangaroo-courts

Wow I never thought something like this is in place in all of sports. I'm not much of a knowledgeable sports fan to begin with, but this read was surprising for me. Slightly shocking, even.

Not so much surprising, as it is interesting to see what the players do to hold each other accountable, absent the coaching staff. Some of the offenses that are finable, that's surprising to me.

And in spite of attempts at anonymity, some players can be ferreted out by the descriptions provided. This one gave me a short list of Backstrom, Malkin and Faulk. 

Another Metro club has its fund run by an Olympian, All-Star and alternate captain who is unafraid to pester teammates like he might opponents. “I’m not awkward about it,” he says. “I just say, ‘Pay up, give me money, give it to me.’ I’ll just hound them until they do.”