The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

poum

Nhl Catch-All For 2015-16

Yeah, Sid is such a polarizing figure.

He has not been the same since the concussion he received at the outdoor game a few years back.

Until this season, he was still almost a point per game player. But just disappeared in playoffs. Hey if no one wants him, I'll take him.

BMGM wanted away from the physical game anyways and Crosby played with Kunitz surely he can play with Perry.

Hell even Hagelin and Rakell would be great for him.

The Dallas Stars have a hundred and twenty four goals. That's exactly double the amount of the Ducks.

That's just... No amount of figurative rampaging can make me feel better. "Figurative" in the sense I don't want to travel out of state to find the next IKEA that is not a pile of ashes.

The Dallas Stars have a hundred and twenty four goals. That's exactly double the amount of the Ducks.

That's just... No amount of figurative rampaging can make me feel better. "Figurative" in the sense I don't want to travel out of state to find the next IKEA that is not a pile of ashes.

Yeah did Boston make Dallas a rich team or what? Can somebody please send us an undercover LW superstar as well? I wouldn't mind a center, too. Or are we done after our 'luck' with Despres?

Hahaa, little twerp.  Must've got distracted by a pretty face in the stands.  And every time I hear someone say kaner, I want to punch them in the mouth.

3 goals!  scored more goals than over half our team.  smh.

Ditto on the "Kaner" deal.  Lord I hate those fans.  If Kane wasn't having a career year those fans would be calling for his head,  what a joke of a fan base.

Trade Getzlaugh for Crosbee. Instant win. Malkin is their undisputed 1st line center, Getz 2nd, ours are Crosby-Kesler. All fun!

Ducks should have had both Getzlaf AND Crosby (and cups in 2007, 08, and 09).

That 2005 draft was fixed...! =)

Yeah did Boston make Dallas a rich team or what? Can somebody please send us an undercover LW superstar as well? I wouldn't mind a center, too. Or are we done after our 'luck' with Despres?

Boston was in a complete pickle with Seguin (who I've heard from a very good source still has some off ice issues that could explode).

Peter Chiarelli pretty much had to move him.

NHL will host the first Outdoor Womens Classic presented by Scotiabank. Continuing with the theme of a Boston Rivalry, the two teams to are the Boston Pride (NWHL) and Les Canadiennes (CWHL).

Some points of contention though. The National Womens Hockey League (NWHL) pays it's players. While the Canadian Womens Hockey League (CWHL) provides equipment and travel expenses with no pay. While the NHL is pitting this as a strictly city rivalry. It's gonna raise some interesting questions, as the NWHL has poached some top talent from the CWHL.

Second point, my beloved who plays for the Boston Pride will not be at the game with a few other Americans who are stuck at a National training camp. Which is a huge loss missing being able to sbowcase some of the best players.

Ugh. As I'm writing I was looking into the whole thing even more. It's so much chaos of last minute BS. Eight players from the Pride will be with USA Womens Hockey camp. They are to be replaced by players from New England colleges. Total bummer but the USWNT actually planned and allocated resources. You suck NHL.

No TV coverage as well. As the NHL planned a weekly recap show at the time. Which makes me livid but it gets better. The Bruins and Canadians will hold practices before the game to be aired on the NHL Network. The Alumni Game which is played after the Womens game gets NBCSN time. Though the NHL is promising to use their social media to cover the game. With some womens hockey writers in attendence. That's something in this last minute idiocy.

Still kinda cool though. Hopefully more positives come out of this and the NHL does it right and proper next year.

NHL will host the first Outdoor Womens Classic presented by Scotiabank. Continuing with the theme of a Boston Rivalry, the two teams to are the Boston Pride (NWHL) and Les Canadiennes (CWHL).

Some points of contention though. The National Womens Hockey League (NWHL) pays it's players. While the Canadian Womens Hockey League (CWHL) provides equipment and travel expenses with no pay. While the NHL is pitting this as a strictly city rivalry. It's gonna raise some interesting questions, as the NWHL has poached some top talent from the CWHL.

Second point, my beloved who plays for the Boston Pride will not be at the game with a few other Americans who are stuck at a National training camp. Which is a huge loss missing being able to sbowcase some of the best players.

Ugh. As I'm writing I was looking into the whole thing even more. It's so much chaos of last minute BS. Eight players from the Pride will be with USA Womens Hockey camp. They are to be replaced by players from New England colleges. Total bummer but the USWNT actually planned and allocated resources. You suck NHL.

No TV coverage as well. As the NHL planned a weekly recap show at the time. Which makes me livid but it gets better. The Bruins and Canadians will hold practices before the game to be aired on the NHL Network. The Alumni Game which is played after the Womens game gets NBCSN time. Though the NHL is promising to use their social media to cover the game. With some womens hockey writers in attendence. That's something in this last minute idiocy.

Still kinda cool though. Hopefully more positives come out of this and the NHL does it right and proper next year.

Who?  Knight?  She's so cute out of gear, but while she's skating on the ice with all her gear, the feelings are gone.  I'm afraid she will beat me up and hurt me.

I would check their Youtube streaming, hopefully they will stream it.  If they don't, what a waste of an opportunity!

Yes, it would be the amazing Miss Knight (I totally didn't edit this to change Knightley to Knight. Shutup, don't judge me). I also don't think there will be any live coverage. As it's been kinda annoying people since the announcement. NHL took a wonderful thing and half-ass'd with being so last minute.

Very cool to hear about the womens outdoor hockey ice classic.

Was thinking today that the NHL can't be very happy that Carey Price is injured and won't appear in the winter classic between the Canadians and the Bruins.  It's a shame really, I love him.

Yes, it would be the amazing Miss Knight (I totally didn't edit this to change Knightley to Knight. Shutup, don't judge me). I also don't think there will be any live coverage. As it's been kinda annoying people since the announcement. NHL took a wonderful thing and half-ass'd with being so last minute.

No judging, just an acknowledging of taste nod.

Really wish it had being two NWHL teams going at it rather than bringing one of the CWHL teams (sort of). But then again, I'm a Connecticut Whale fan, so would've loved to see the Whale get one back on the Pride after last weekend.

No judging, just an acknowledging of taste nod.

Really wish it had being two NWHL teams going at it rather than bringing one of the CWHL teams (sort of). But then again, I'm a Connecticut Whale fan, so would've loved to see the Whale get one back on the Pride after last weekend.

Haha, no one shall shame me for Hilary Knight! I had Keira Knightley on the brain which was the "crap I got edit this"

Tuesday night:

Beleskey: 2G

Palmieri: 1G

Bourque: 1G, 1A

Karlsson: 1A

(And from the slightly more distant past...

Holland: 2A)

Thought that was kinda weird/funny/sad. Good thing we're allowing the third lowest amount of shots per game!

Saw that Bourque had an EN goal last night. Two goals on the season for him in 19 games. Made me twitch when I saw he has as many goals as Getzbork.

I can't believe Marchand is only getting 3 games for that clip. It's the 4th suspension he's received for low body cheap shots, and I would argue that it's time the league send a message in the form of 8 to 10 games. 

Ouch Brent burns just KO one of the Flyers

BRUTAL... and no call on the ice... and SJ scores...

I can't believe Marchand is only getting 3 games for that clip. It's the 4th suspension he's received for low body cheap shots, and I would argue that it's time the league send a message in the form of 8 to 10 games. 

Just because he's a short little rodent doesn't mean he can continue to do those kinds of things with impunity. Couple of slew-footings, couple of low bridge hits, assorted other shenanigans, he should be on the Rinaldo/Torres list, only problem is he can play. DoPS doesn't really throw the book at him.

Just because he's a short little rodent doesn't mean he can continue to do those kinds of things with impunity. Couple of slew-footings, couple of low bridge hits, assorted other shenanigans, he should be on the Rinaldo/Torres list, only problem is he can play. DoPS doesn't really throw the book at him.

It was suspension worthy, as Marchand didn't have to undercut and toss him like that, but Mark Borowiecki absolutely set himself up for the play by setting that moving pick. Borowiecki has no business making contact or riding Marchand down, and the play should have been whistled for interference before the incident.

Tuesday night:

Beleskey: 2G

Palmieri: 1G

Bourque: 1G, 1A

Karlsson: 1A

(And from the slightly more distant past...

Holland: 2A)

Thought that was kinda weird/funny/sad. Good thing we're allowing the third lowest amount of shots per game!

I thought that Holland trade was dumb when it happened and it's still dumb now. Rakell's development has made it easier to swallow since but still, what was the point? A handful of games between Blacker and Robak(shudders)? At least with Karlsson we sort of got something back. Whatever though it's not the biggest deal and hey, corsi!

Woke up just in time to catch freaking Simple Plan in 2016 attempting to play the Canadian national anthem.. The NHL in a nutshell really

Beleskey is the only Bruin with a pulse out there. Oh well.

I don't think I've ever been awake for a Winter Classic. As they are East Coast and freaking morning based for those in the PST time zone.

Typical one-sided winter classic game.  Bruins should've won that, at home playing a Price-less Habs team in a huge slump and then get blown out.  Rask having a bad year.

I don't think I've ever been awake for a Winter Classic. As they are East Coast and freaking morning based for those in the PST time zone.

10am isn't exactly early, but I guess on National Hangover Day, meh. ;)

10am isn't exactly early, but I guess on National Hangover Day, meh. ;)

The hell it is! I don't do a darn thing before noon when I'm not working. Consequently that sleep schedule screws me over regularly when I do work as I have to be up around 4am.