The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

poum

Nhl Catch-All For 2015-16

Just read an article that listed the [insert every expletive here] Dallas Stars as a Cup favorite.

If I have to go Kings (2012), Hawks (2013), Kings (2014), Hawks (2015) to the Stars (2016)!?!?

And I apologize to all the administration in advance and I love you, but if that happens... I'll swear like a sailor and take that ban as a badge of honor.

LETS GO AVALANCHE...

3-1 10 minutes left and Beauchemin gloves a puck into the stands for the penalty.

NHL.com analyst thinks Gibson will go for the Ducks. Please no.

First hockey related thing I can smile about in months

we did it :')

Did what? You know Sutter is probably going to make Perry play with him, right?

Lecavalier and Luke Schenn to L.A. for prospect Jordan Weal (10 games NHL, former 3rd round pick) and a 3rd round pick, with Philly retaining HALF of BOTH players' salaries...

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/684854126157676549

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/684855661704814592

An IKEA is about to burn...

And philly retains 50% of both their salaries. Amazing...

Lecavalier and Luke Schenn to L.A. for prospect Jordan Weal (10 games NHL, former 3rd round pick) and a 3rd round pick, with Philly retaining HALF of BOTH players' salaries...

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/684854126157676549

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/684855661704814592

An IKEA is about to burn...

How the heck did Lombardi pull that one off? Lecavalier is old and not nearly the quality player he used to be, but to be able to pick him up aling with Schenn for nothing while Philly retains the salary is pretty crafty

Lecavalier has 2 MORE years after this with a cap hit of 2.25 million/year.  Schenn UFA after this year.  (per General Fanager)

Part of the deal I hear, is that lecavalier retires after this season. Schenn is a 4-5 guy at best.

Helps philly clear money, gives La some more defensive depth, but I'm suprised they gave up weal In the deal.

Part of the deal I hear, is that lecavalier retires after this season. Schenn is a 4-5 guy at best.

Helps philly clear money, gives La some more defensive depth, but I'm suprised they gave up weal In the deal.

I think DL usually only makes these deals for players he thinks he can re-sign, and it sounds like Weal wasn't really a "Sutter guy" anyway. Seems like a good deal for both teams.

I'm sure we'll now see BM counter with a move of his own...

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

So he walks away from 4.5 million in salary?  Help me understand this?

Annoys me that the Kings are doing well yet they make a trade to improve their team..

I'm still bitter :(

So he walks away from 4.5 million in salary?  Help me understand this?

I'm not sure to be honest. I was reading it on another board. But they did have sourses via tweets from Mckenzie to back it up.

The tweets just say, and i quote " Vinny Lecavalier's agent, Kent Hughes, says it is his clients intention to retire at the end of this season. "   end quote.

This trade was really about Lombardi finding a replacement for Greene at a decent price and he's done that.

I question how much better this actually makes LA. Lecavalier is long past his best and Schenn has been an absolute pylon this season. Hopefully this makes them worse, not better.

Trade deadline is going to be boring.

#CBJ acquires Seth Jones from the @PredsNHL in exchange for Ryan Johansen.

Holy cow!!

edit: Good Hockey trade here.

Nice move for both Nashville and Columbus. I really like the move for Nashville this season, they are already solid on the blueline even without Jones and add a bona fide #1 C. Great move for them.

Wow, I have to really commend Nashville here, they've really turned this franchise around. Since their inception (a couple of free agent pick-ups in '05-'09) they've been a defense only team and I could hear their fans moan at every draft from here in Australia every time the Predators picked a defenseman in the first round.

They've got some exciting forwards and still have their defense intact. They have franchise Calibre forwards and defenseman and I really hate to admit, but they're looking scary good, especially with elite talent from the net out.

Poile just showed BM what it's like to trade from a point of strength, keeping the team intact but adding strength to their gaping weakness. Well done preds and I hope you guys never win lol

Lol Polak thrown out of tonight's game for boarding Toffugly

Someone remind me why he was able to stay in the game last night after a hit where he had much longer look at Santa's numbers and still decided to run him into the boards from behind? (not to mention that tough guy sucker punch once the linesmen had Manson under control)

I wanna say the league dropped the ball yet again but that would imply they bothered to pick it back up. The thing's rolled into traffic by now. 

Leafs pulling the same crap tonight and getting away with it. Cheap shots right and left and no calls.

Komarov literally just jumped on Doughty's back and shoved his head into the ice. No call. So Doughty takes matters into his own hands and naturally gets the 2 minutes for retaliating.

Starting to buy into this conspiracy stuff more and more.

That's 2 nights in a row where the refs let these clowns get away with murder and then call the retaliation.