The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

codyBRUZ

Chicago Ain't Broken But Still Shake It Up

Chicago trades Daley for Scuderi.

Not an all-star trade. But Chicago needed to shake it up and they want to make a difference and they did. That's the difference with GM's right now

Chicago trades Daley for Scuderi.

Not an all-star trade. But Chicago needed to shake it up and they want to make a difference and they did. That's the difference with GM's right now

More Salary relief. I don't remember but Pens are picking up a percentage of Scuderi's remaining money left on his contract. 

7th Defensemen for 7th Defensemen trade for both teams, with Daley having the better potential to actually contribute something, but I don't think Chicago will mind seeing as he wasn't a main factor in Chicago.

Both teams lose this trade lol. 

This is exactly the type of trade I hope Murray is looking for to offload Bieksa. Get a similar iffy guy on an iffy contract, but one that we could shed a little salary with and more comfortably bury on the 3rd pairing or sit... maybe eventually buy out at a lower rate. It won't help the team on the ice most likely, but it would give him more wiggle room going forward.

This is exactly the type of trade I hope Murray is looking for to offload Bieksa. Get a similar iffy guy on an iffy contract, but one that we could shed a little salary with and more comfortably bury on the 3rd pairing or sit... maybe eventually buy out at a lower rate. It won't help the team on the ice most likely, but it would give him more wiggle room going forward.

Once again I want to know Bieksa's contract. With his NTC waive is he still eligible to trade or is the team screwed till the NMC kicks in and really screwed.

I would say I'd love a Stoner-Bieksa straight up swap. But kinda boned on that. Gah, irritating that Stoner has become acceptable in this situation.

If the Ducks lose one of Fowler, Lindholm or Vatanen I'm going to lose it. If the fillers have been Stoner and Bieksa, the next fill in could be.... I don't even want to think of it.

Well my angle was to take a bad serviceable contract without a trade clause to be honest. I just think the Ducks have too many right now.

From memory I think we have 6 players that have to be consulted on modified contracts but I could be wrong and if that'd the case, that's just 2-3 too many since there are only 2 elite players and 1 borderline player (by league status) on this team

you guys aren't seeing the whole point in this trade

Chicago got wins with this trade,isn't Scuderi like 3 time (1x pens,2x queens) SC champion?

You can really only say he was a solid contributor to the 09 Penguins. That's the only team I can picture losing if he wasn't there. He was basically LA's Stoner and his play completely fell off a cliff after their first victory. He's been so bad since he went back to Pittsburgh that their fans have been voting him into the all-star game so Scott has someone to play against. Of course now that he's a Blackhawk Chicago fans will continue to vote for him because he's a Blackhawk a.k.a. one of the best hockey players in the world..

Also what happened to Daley? He was by far Dallas' best defenceman in that playoff series two years ago (when he wasn't sitting on top of Perry and smashing him in the face repeatedly) and now he's absolute trash. I think the Penguins still win this trade from a player to player standpoint though.

you guys aren't seeing the whole point in this trade

Chicago got wins with this trade,isn't Scuderi like 3 time (1x pens,2x queens) SC champion? 

Scuderi is terrible, has been for a while. Same could be said for Daley.

Well my angle was to take a bad serviceable contract without a trade clause to be honest. I just think the Ducks have too many right now.

From memory I think we have 6 players that have to be consulted on modified contracts but I could be wrong and if that'd the case, that's just 2-3 too many since there are only 2 elite players and 1 borderline player (by league status) on this team

Both players in this trade have NTC's according to generalfanager, but I agree with your point. Murray is seriously handcuffing himself lately, he'll probably need to make a trade based purely on contracts, rather than skill pretty soon here.

Scuderi is terrible, has been for a while. Same could be said for Daley.

Fingers are crossed mate

Both players in this trade have NTC's according to generalfanager, but I agree with your point. Murray is seriously handcuffing himself lately, he'll probably need to make a trade based purely on contracts, rather than skill pretty soon here.

you guys aren't seeing the whole point in this trade. Chicago got wins with this trade,isn't Scuderi like 3 time (1x pens,2x queens) SC champion? 

Do you honestly think that Chicago is in any need of Stanley Cup winners?

They moved Daily to get salary relief... that's the whole point.

Do you honestly think that Chicago is in any need of Stanley Cup winners?

They moved Daily to get salary relief... that's the whole point.

Moved what daily?

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :D

Moved what daily?

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :D

Hmmm....the puck, I'd say.

Can anyone tell me why Keith has yet to be suspended.....two days after the incidence??!!

They scheduled an in-person hearing and that takes longer to get done than a phone hearing.

They scheduled an in-person hearing and that takes longer to get done than a phone hearing.

Is he eligible to play in the meantime? If so, then I hope they take another week to get together. Better chance of him missing playoff games.

Back to the original post - Chicago seem a lot more broken now that they've shaken it up. Just 3 wins in their last 10 games and a few boat races in there too.

Back to the original post - Chicago seem a lot more broken now that they've shaken it up. Just 3 wins in their last 10 games and a few boat races in there too.

I still won't be amazed when they will be good in the playoffs. Sneaky little lucky cheater team.

Keith waived the in person hearing. The phone hearing was scheduled for this afternoon. I haven't seen anything about the hearing ending and waiting for results. He is suspended indefinitely pending the outcome of the hearing.

So in other words, Duncan Keith suspended one game for high sticking.. Where's Bob McKenzie when you need him?

Keith was suspended one game during the Western Conference Finals in 2013 for a similar incident on Jeff Carter. Personally, I thought the one against Carter was worse, but Keith is obviously a repeat offender now — he had an elbowing incident a few years ago that cost him five games as well. 

Six games (including one playoff game) is probably about what he deserved. Whoever gets Chicago in round one better take advantage of it. 

Keith was suspended one game during the Western Conference Finals in 2013 for a similar incident on Jeff Carter. Personally, I thought the one against Carter was worse, but Keith is obviously a repeat offender now — he had an elbowing incident a few years ago that cost him five games as well. 

Six games (including one playoff game) is probably about what he deserved. Whoever gets Chicago in round one better take advantage of it. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO he's not. Not According to the NHLPA anyway.

It has been 18 months since his last incident therefore he is as clean as the morning due.

I am pretty sure the fact that Coyle basically skated off on his own power and didn't lay on the ice flopping like a fish makes it all okie dokie.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO he's not. Not According to the NHLPA anyway.

It has been 18 months since his last incident therefore he is as clean as the morning due.

I am pretty sure the fact that Coyle basically skated off on his own power and didn't lay on the ice flopping like a fish makes it all okie dokie.

I've heard conflicting reports on this. Some people have said he's still a repeat offender, the fact it was 18 months ago would only affect potential fines, not suspension? I'm not sure, I haven't read the CBA. But different members of the media report different things. As per usual.

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS: Chicago seriously kicking tires for Evgeni Malkin

Lolwut???

Not with their salary cap. They'd have to trade half their team to make it happen.

Not with their salary cap. They'd have to trade half their team to make it happen.

Which makes this thing hilarious lol. Hopefully no team does them any favours. Hawks have almost no depth to work with right now so it's interesting to see who'd they give up to get him. I'm also praying that this "breadman" has a stinker of a season and proves that last year was a fluke haha

Hilarous that Panarin is getting rewarded 12mil 2 year contract. I hope he regresses and becomes the player he was pre-Chicago