The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

liquid13

Expansion Draft

19 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Rather than adding one, can we just extend one of Tokarski, Hackett, or Boyle?

From what I can gather there is no NHL games played requirement for goaltenders, they just have to be under contract for next season. So yes we can just extend one of those goaltenders and have them available for the expansion draft.

I wonder what the future is for Bernier. If he keeps up the stats he has so far this season he might fancy his chances of getting another starting gig somewhere.

Kinda drab.  I feel like I could have played the Golden Knights in badminton circa Grade 7... Definitely one of those smarmy Catholic schools from the east end. 

So they're in the Pacific Division and their home jersey is either teal like the Sharks or black like the Ducks and Kings. Well done.

The jokes I've seen about Vegas include their logo looking like Magneto's helmet. That's actually on point. And the name being an AYSO team. 

I didn't realize Vermette is exposed.

Anaheim Ducks centre Antoine Vermette and Boston Bruins goaltender Tuukka Rask each hold no-move clauses that run until June 15, 2017 – just two days before each team must submit a list of protected players. That makes them eligible to be exposed (although, in Rask’s case, it’s virtually guaranteed not to happen). Arizona Coyotes goalie Mike Smith saw his no move expire last June and falls into the same category.

On 11/22/2016 at 9:02 PM, JackPolo said:

Kinda drab.  I feel like I could have played the Golden Knights in badminton circa Grade 7... Definitely one of those smarmy Catholic schools from the east end. 

Oh Foley, just couldn't shake loose of your determination to be as close to Black Knights as possible. And by the way, Clarkson University did it better, they actually know the difference between a knight and a hoplite. You're paying 500m, berate the B*ttgoblin until he gives you Aces. Red, silver and blue....

14 hours ago, Drake12 said:

Oh Foley, just couldn't shake loose of your determination to be as close to Black Knights as possible. And by the way, Clarkson University did it better, they actually know the difference between a knight and a hoplite. You're paying 500m, berate the B*ttgoblin until he gives you Aces. Red, silver and blue....

I'm gonna call them the Ace Hoplites. Also, the color scheme could've been brighter and more vibrant for a city like Vegas, I mean it's not Canadian tundra. But I guess it's a question of taste.

6 hours ago, Aksun said:

I'm gonna call them the Ace Hoplites. Also, the color scheme could've been brighter and more vibrant for a city like Vegas, I mean it's not Canadian tundra. But I guess it's a question of taste.

Ace 'Lites sounds like a cheap malt liquor found in skeezy liquor stores everywhere. Not just Vegas. Works for me. 

(1/4) All players who have No Move Clauses (66 players in all) such that require their club to protect them in the upcoming expansion draft

(2/4) & who are asked by their respective clubs to waive their No Move Clauses so as to allow the team to expose them in the expansion draft

(3/4) can sign a form clearly indicating that the player agrees to waive his clause for the sole purpose of being exposed in the draft

CapFriendly‏@CapFriendly

(4/4) but once the draft is done, regardless if the player is selected or not, that the NMC survive & continue to be part of his contract.

I think Bieksa should be a team player and waive his NMC to protect Silfverberg. 

I was just poking around Capfriendly's expansion draft tool and there are a LOT of teams that are going to have a hard time qualifying enough forwards for exposure in the expansion draft. You have to have 2 forwards who are under contract through 2017-18 and who have played in at least 40 games this season or 70 games between this season and last. There are quite a few teams that won't be able to meet that requirement with their current rosters unless they start exposing top-6 forwards. Surely those teams will be looking to make trades in order to protect their best players. 

That's where we come in. I think we might be in the catbird's seat when it comes to forwards. Crammer and Shaw have both played in enough games now to qualify for exposure, and it'd be great if BM can get them re-signed (both are RFAs) to a cheap extension before the ED. Similarly, Wagner needs only six more games to qualify, and if he can get those in we could have at least 4 forwards available for exposure that we could use as trade bait for another team that is up against the wall and facing having to expose a very talented player.  I know we're all worried about what BM is going to do with our D-men, but I am really starting to feel like he's setting us up beautifully for the expansion draft. Now if he can just get Bieksa to waive....

1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

I was just poking around Capfriendly's expansion draft tool and there are a LOT of teams that are going to have a hard time qualifying enough forwards for exposure in the expansion draft. You have to have 2 forwards who are under contract through 2017-18 and who have played in at least 40 games this season or 70 games between this season and last. There are quite a few teams that won't be able to meet that requirement with their current rosters unless they start exposing top-6 forwards. Surely those teams will be looking to make trades in order to protect their best players. 

That's where we come in. I think we might be in the catbird's seat when it comes to forwards. Crammer and Shaw have both played in enough games now to qualify for exposure, and it'd be great if BM can get them re-signed (both are RFAs) to a cheap extension before the ED. Similarly, Wagner needs only six more games to qualify, and if he can get those in we could have at least 4 forwards available for exposure that we could use as trade bait for another team that is up against the wall and facing having to expose a very talented player.  I know we're all worried about what BM is going to do with our D-men, but I am really starting to feel like he's setting us up beautifully for the expansion draft. Now if he can just get Bieksa to waive....

I like your devious mind.

On 23.02.2017 at 10:55 PM, Drake12 said:

I like your devious mind.

You like his devious understanding, but it is Bob who is the devil. His moves appear to have a deep purpose most of the time. It's so nice that we have people like DTS to decipher them.

Sounds about right, although no deals involving a player can be officially made until the season is over.  So we won't know if the Ducks do anything until June.

I have a question on the expansion draft. Vegas gets to pick 1 player from each of the 30 other teams. Then they get to pick players in the entry draft. A team is allowed to dress 23 players. I'm sure VGF will have an AHL affiliate. Will that be up for next season because I've heard nothing on that. If not, what happens to the 7+ players that aren't on the dressing roster?

So, the league finally assented. Wonder what the timeframe is prior to the draft itself?

2 minutes ago, Drake12 said:

So, the league finally assented. Wonder what the timeframe is prior to the draft itself?

Just saw this as well. Glad they're making it public. 

1 hour ago, DuckFan4Life said:

BREAKING: Protected and available player lists for the Vegas expansion draft WILL be made public and released likely on June 18, per NHL.

@Real_ESPNLeBrun also noteworthy, some GMs happy with this development because they wanted to make sure they saw other teams' protected list

@Real_ESPNLeBrun there were some GMs who felt it would have been unfair advantage for Vegas to be only team knowing all protected lists

@sportscentre 

JUST IN: Senators ask D Dion Phaneuf to waive NMC for expansion draft exposure. No decision yet from Phaneuf. (via @PierreVLeBrun)

On 6/12/2017 at 11:04 AM, DuckFan4Life said:

@sportscentre 

JUST IN: Senators ask D Dion Phaneuf to waive NMC for expansion draft exposure. No decision yet from Phaneuf. (via @PierreVLeBrun)

Leave him in the east where he belongs. There's enough pinball, non-sensical D men in the west already. Barf.

Okey dokey, I am absolutely bloody tired of hearing the Ducks will expose Silf. Not going to happen, full stop. Really going to surrender someone with his development curve? He'll unprotect Vats before Silf. 

Other than that, some good thoughts in here. Roster like this would give LA, AZ some fits and keep them in the bottom half of the division.

https://www.nhl.com/stars/news/armchair-gm/c-289916400

SportsCentre‏Verified account @SportsCentre  24m24 minutes ago

JUST IN: @Capitals acquire F Tyler Graovac from @mnwild for 2018 5th-Round draft pick. #TradeCentre #NHL http://www.tsn.ca/1.779468

Isabelle Khurshudyan‏Verified account @ikhurshudyan

Reason for this trade? It's so the Caps can protect Lars Eller in the expansion draft. Gives them another forward under contract thru 17-18.

22 hours ago, nieder said:

Apparently Phaneuf refused to waive his NMC. Lololol.

Phaneuf has been asked to supply his 12 teams. Guess this is the Senators way of shipping him off one way or another.