The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

liquid13

Expansion Draft

3 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

The Avalanche will buy out the remaining year of Francois Beauchemin’s contract.

Frankie, come home to coach D! You know you want to!

(Avs Nation is rejoicing unduly so. Eff 'em.)

Phaneuf has been asked to supply his 12 teams. Guess this is the Senators way of shipping him off one way or another. 

This to me sums up Dion Phaneuf and his career.

I'm not giggling, I'm really not.

I just damned near fell out of my chair laughing. 

@PierreVLeBrun
Spoke with a GM yesterday who was guessing that Vegas already had 3 1st-RD picks in their back pocket with more picks to come before Wed

Bob McKenzie‏Verified account @TSNBobMcKenzie  18s19 seconds ago

Nothing official just yet, but all indications are goaltender Mike Smith is indeed off to CGY.

1 hour ago, AustinDuck27 said:

Smith to Calgary lol. I like this move, for us.

What do the Habs have against young defensemen? 

I think Smith has is a solid goalie. Calgary addressed one of their weak points and improved. They will be tougher to play against for sure. 

6 minutes ago, RobD360 said:

I think Smith has is a solid goalie. Calgary addressed one of their weak points and improved. They will be tougher to play against for sure. 

The guy goes from world beater to clown shoes in the blink of an eye. Definitely an improvement from Elliott though (crazy how the Flames still haven't managed to find a solid franchise goalie since Kipper faded).

The Mayor John Hoven‏ @mayorNHL  2h2 hours ago

Can confirm... LA Kings protected Kopitar, Carter, Toffoli, Pearson, Doughty, Muzzin, Martinez, Forbort

Elliotte Friedman‏Verified account @FriedgeHNIC  2h2 hours ago

Elliotte Friedman Retweeted The Mayor John Hoven

John adds Quick in goal

The Mayor John Hoven‏ @mayorNHL  2h2 hours ago

Can confirm... LA Kings protected Kopitar, Carter, Toffoli, Pearson, Doughty, Muzzin, Martinez, Forbort

Elliotte Friedman‏Verified account @FriedgeHNIC  2h2 hours ago

Elliotte Friedman Retweeted The Mayor John Hoven

John adds Quick in goal

They want Vegas to take Gaborik or Brown sooooo bad. Forbort? lmao

1 hour ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Confirming Calgary's protected list: Gaudreau, Monahan, Ferland, Backlund, Frolik, Bennett, Lazar, Giordano, Brodie, Hamilton, Smith.

Isn't Bennett exempt as a 2nd year player??

Who published this list?

No deals will be announced until Wednesday. 

@pierreVLebrun A reminder: some of the players you will see exposed today may already be protected in another fashion by a side deal with Vegas.

The closer the draft gets, the less I like the rules.  Vegas has so much power. The lists come out today and other teams can call Vegas about a player that is on another team's list.  Vegas picks that player and trades him to said team. 

Eric Stephens‏Verified account @icemancometh  4m4 minutes ago

However things shake out, Vegas GM George McPhee could make out like a bandit after all this. Playing puppet master this week.

Seriously?

NHL Public Relations‏Verified account @PR_NHL

UPDATE: The NHL will announce Available/Protected Lists for the 2017 NHL Expansion Draft today at 10:30 a.m. ET. #VegasDraft

1 minute ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Seriously?

NHL Public Relations‏Verified account @PR_NHL

UPDATE: The NHL will announce Available/Protected Lists for the 2017 NHL Expansion Draft today at 10:30 a.m. ET. #VegasDraft

LAME. Probably some back room deals going on and they don't want to paint themselves ina corner be releasing their lists until those deals are made.

Believe that Habs submitted this protected list: Byron, Danault, Drouin, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Pacioretty, Shaw, Benn, Petry, Weber, Price

which means exposed are the likes of Plekanec, Hudon, Davidson, Emelin plus of course UFAs like Markov and Radulov...

Pierre LeBrun‏Verified account @PierreVLeBrun  18s18 seconds ago

More

Predators left James Neal unprotected and protected Jarnkrok. But again, David Poile no doubt to try and work out deal with Vegas