The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AustinDuck27

2016 Playoffs Catch-All

It's sorta pointless to mention since every game at this time of the year is an absolute must win game but this one was one the biggest must win opening games I can remember. Can you imagine if St. Louis dropped it at home to a Keith-less & demoralized Hawks team? They wouldn't be able to recover from that at all. The game was way too close for comfort if you're St. Louis and it only gets harder from here. They got the win in the end and that's what matters although I still don't like their chances of making it out of this round. 

It's sorta pointless to mention since every game at this time of the year is an absolute must win game but this one was one the biggest must win opening games I can remember. Can you imagine if St. Louis dropped it at home to a Keith-less & demoralized Hawks team? They wouldn't be able to recover from that at all. The game was way too close for comfort if you're St. Louis and it only gets harder from here. They got the win in the end and that's what matters although I still don't like their chances of making it out of this round.

Good contest. Hoping for seven game series with several multiple overtime games.

If St Louis wins the series as I predict they will, it is gonna be some ugly hockey.

Should be a tough series. That Quennville guy is pretty sharp.....St. Louis will need to be their best to knock off the Hawks.

Completely agree! This was a very important win for the Blues.

Overall, after the first day...here are my overall feelings about the teams playing so far...since I know all of you have been refreshing the page every 5 minutes waiting for me to post it! ... :P

Tampa Bay and Detroit both just looked weak to me. To be fair I maybe watched 2/3s of the game as I was going back and forth but, besides those wicked slap shots that resulted in...essentially 2 goals...I didn't seem very impressed by either team nor goalie.

The Rangers looked like they gave up a lot. I wasn't very impressed by them either. And WOW! Such TERRIBLE changes and they just seem to have no motivation on turn overs.

The Pens looked solid. Good ol' Bonino :')

Hawks/Blues both looked pretty good. I thought Crawford and Elliot both were looking FANTASTIC. Elliot especially. If he can stay looking as good as he did last night, the Blues might be looking at a deep run.

EDIT: Oh and come on Lightning/Blues fans...to get into a refs you suck chant after a CLEARLY OFF SIDES call is embarrassing...yeah, it sucks...but come on. And the Blues fans seemed to be complaining and yelling every single time a player fell to the ground. I found that annoying.

Tonight we have:

Philly v. Caps

Isles v. Cats

Stars v. Wild

Kings v. Sharks

I can't get enough, need multiple tv's, might have to rig up something resembling Toronto's war room.

I believe we usually have a separate thread for each series, what would everyone prefer: One thread for each, or this Catch-All thread to keep the chat in one place???

Me too! A separate page for each series!

I wonder why the Admins started the section for the Playoffs but haven't done anything on it since?

I'm actually sitting here and rooting for the damn Flyers right now. What the hell man?

In my defence as much as I hate Philly, I honest to god can't stand the way the media is painting Trotz as some reincarnation of Scotty Bowman while taking every chance dump all over Bruce. Guy's playoff record is a joke by comparison really. In the end that's only half as annoying as all this "Mr. Game 7" nonsense though. Yes cause Justin Williams singlehandedly won the Kings the Cup in 2014 right? Worst Conn Smythe selection ever, I'd call him the most overhyped forward in the playoffs but then I remembered that his linemate is an Olympic hero with his own cereal brand. IMO Holtby and Backstrom are the only two halfway likeable things about that team.

Good thing no Canadian teams made the playoffs, wouldn't want to be dragging that greaseball Richards back and forth across the border

Me too! A separate page for each series!

I wonder why the Admins started the section for the Playoffs but haven't done anything on it since?

I could be wrong, but wasn't that forum only for the Ducks playoffs GDT's? We usually had the other series threads in the regular NHL forum. Again, I'm getting old, and my memory could be Fowler'd.

This Florida-Isles game has a nice pace to it, the 1-1 score doesn't do it justice. NY tied it up on a nice individual effort, but the Cats have been lighting them up with scoring chances. Really should be more like 3-1 right now.

Jagr is beautiful, dude gets driven into the boards and he just shakes off the major concussion and takes his next shift. Old school PF right there.

2-1 now, Jokinen with the PP goal.

Nope

Zatkoff vs Raanta is one hell of a goaltending matchup

Better for my bracket, brings it back to the Lundqvist/Fleury showdown length.

Yes and yes. Bowman's had a lot to work with, but there's no denying that Chicago has been a model franchise, there's a reason they have had such great success, it isn't just luck. Makes you wonder why so many deep pocket Canadian teams with similar resources can't seem to create a sustainable competitive team. 

Inertia. They don't want to change because it would question their sensibilities that they are the top of the hockey world. Change is a difficult thing to accept. 1993 ya'll.

Wow, I would definitely say Kuznetsov is on tonight. Never seen this kind of intensity in the dot. I think Giroux was worried about getting bit. 

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2016/04/14/evgeny-kuznetsov-really-wants-to-win-this-faceoff/

Double holy moly, solid, clean hit by Ovi on Couturier.

Better for my bracket, brings it back to the Lundqvist/Fleury showdown length.

Inertia. They don't want to change because it would question their sensibilities that they are the top of the hockey world. Change is a difficult thing to accept. 1993 ya'll.

Wow, I would definitely say Kuznetsov is on tonight. Never seen this kind of intensity in the dot. I think Giroux was worried about getting bit. 

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2016/04/14/evgeny-kuznetsov-really-wants-to-win-this-faceoff/

Lol, wow chompers. I want that guy Horcoff tested.

This Florida-Isles game has a nice pace to it, the 1-1 score doesn't do it justice. NY tied it up on a nice individual effort, but the Cats have been lighting them up with scoring chances. Really should be more like 3-1 right now.

Jagr is beautiful, dude gets driven into the boards and he just shakes off the major concussion and takes his next shift. Old school PF right there.

2-1 now, Jokinen with the PP goal.

So far it is the most entertaining series.

Simmonds and Wilson throwing bombs.

Simmonds with some nasty uppercuts. I don't get why more players do not utilize the uppercut as a weapon when the straight shots are hard to come by.

Simmonds and Wilson throwing bombs.

Simmonds with some nasty uppercuts. I don't get why more players do not utilize the uppercut as a weapon when the straight shots are hard to come by.

Same goes for rabbit punching if you've got them by the jersey. Didn't one of the noobs do that against Arizona this year? Perhaps Ritchie?

Same goes for rabbit punching if you've got them by the jersey. Didn't one of the noobs do that against Arizona this year? Perhaps Ritchie?

I think Rocky Rakell hurt Versteeg with an uppercut...no?

Wash in a squeaker over philly.

I think The Caps will warm to the task. They haven't had to play a meaningful hockey game in a while.

Blah. Philly blew it by not capitalizing (pun intended?) on all those 1st period powerplays. They showed they can hang with them though. Still hopeful they'll pull off the upset in the end. 

Edit: Just tuned into the Stars game. Klingberg dives, Roussel puts his arms up as if he scored a goal. Hashtag Dallas.

Blah. Philly blew it by not capitalizing (pun intended?) on all those 1st period powerplays. They showed they can hang with them though. Still hopeful they'll pull off the upset in the end. 

Edit: Just tuned into the Stars game. Klingberg dives, Roussel puts his arms up as if he scored a goal. Hashtag Dallas.

Couturier may be done for the series.

Wild with 1 shot though the first 17 minutes of the series lol, now going on the PK.

Firing Yeo made them even worse?

I'm actually sitting here and rooting for the damn Flyers right now. What the hell man?

In my defence as much as I hate Philly, I honest to god can't stand the way the media is painting Trotz as some reincarnation of Scotty Bowman while taking every chance dump all over Bruce. Guy's playoff record is a joke by comparison really. In the end that's only half as annoying as all this "Mr. Game 7" nonsense though. Yes cause Justin Williams singlehandedly won the Kings the Cup in 2014 right? Worst Conn Smythe selection ever, I'd call him the most overhyped forward in the playoffs but then I remembered that his linemate is an Olympic hero with his own cereal brand. IMO Holtby and Backstrom are the only two halfway likeable things about that team.

Good thing no Canadian teams made the playoffs, wouldn't want to be dragging that greaseball Richards back and forth across the border

What is the Canadian reaction to being shutout from the post season?  I imagine it's annoying to some of the fan base.  Big on talk radio???

Firing Yeo made them even worse?

Maybe, or maybe they were never that good to begin with. Plus Parise's back and all. 

5-4 in Florida now, Isles lead, defensive hockey is for squares man.

What is the Canadian reaction to being shutout from the post season?  I imagine it's annoying to some of the fan base.  Big on talk radio???

Not from what I have heard.

Possibly a different story in the local radio affiliates above the border.

It's all about that Sharks-Kings game, the rest of this is just filler.

I don't know. really enjoying this Fla-NYI game.

Goals, nastiness, crappy calls.

I don't know. really enjoying this Fla-NYI game.

Goals, nastiness, crappy calls.

Yep, it's been a good one. Whenever you have Shawn Thornton, Matt Martin, and Clutterbuck on the ice at the same time, there will be entertainment lol.

Florida has become sloppier as the game wears on, and NY did well to avoid getting sucked into the end to end game and just made the necessary adjustments. Bobby Lu needs to be a bigger presence or my bracket is doomed.