The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AustinDuck27

2016 Playoffs Catch-All

Right off the bat I'm gonna say I have not watched every Pens game. Nor even the Finals. Yet every time I did watch the Penguins it was always the Bonino, Hagelin, Kessel show. So happy for them. And I'd give Bones the Conne. But that's all bias. Good on Cheeseburger Kessel for over coming that obnoxious Canadian Toronto stigma. Though it might help that he doesn't play in a state that has In-N-Out.

Obligatory FU Schultz. I hope someone (former Duck) dings his name when they have their day with the Cup.

Kessel was the MVP in my book. Very happy to see him get vindicated from the Toronto Maple Laffs stigma that he was a problem.

Crosby winning the Conn Smythe was just like Niedermayer winning it (and not the more deserving Pahlsson) in 2007. Another baffling political award choice.

Kessel definitelty MVP in my book, was just as surprised at this Crosby selection as anyone.

FU Justin Schultz, you suck.

And back to the happy things: sooooo happy for Kunitz, Bonino, Hagelin, Lovejoy, Cullen! Thems are some really good hockey players who we enjoyed icing for our team! They were hands down the better team and deserve the cup, cosidering the rough start they had with the coaching change...GOOD JOB!

Now I hope Bob takes some of whatever that Pens' GM is having and builds us a SCF contender. I mean, Hagelin was the right player, but was he on the right team to begin the season?

Right off the bat I'm gonna say I have not watched every Pens game. Nor even the Finals. Yet every time I did watch the Penguins it was always the Bonino, Hagelin, Kessel show. So happy for them. And I'd give Bones the Conne. But that's all bias. Good on Cheeseburger Kessel for over coming that obnoxious Canadian Toronto stigma. Though it might help that he doesn't play in a state that has In-N-Out.

Obligatory FU Schultz. I hope someone (former Duck) dings his name when they have their day with the Cup.

For the first time ever, I didn't watch a single shift let alone a game after the Ducks were eliminated

In other news, Justin Schultz, still a fraud. The Pens won it all in spite of you, not because you contributed in any meaningful manner. Odds are, Duper and Daley's presence off the ice did more to drive the team than your on-ice work.

For the first time ever, I didn't watch a single shift let alone a game after the Ducks were eliminated

Wow! Yeah, I had a hard time in the 2nd round...ESPECIALLY the Preds/Shark series...but it got easier as the playoffs went on.

Wow! Yeah, I had a hard time in the 2nd round...ESPECIALLY the Preds/Shark series...but it got easier as the playoffs went on.

I love hockey and it wasn't just spitefulness that stopped me but the playoffs just weren't that exciting this year. I miss the big hits and fancy goals :/

In other news, Justin Schultz, still a fraud. The Pens won it all in spite of you, not because you contributed in any meaningful manner. Odds are, Duper and Daley's presence off the ice did more to drive the team than your on-ice work.

The Pen did such a great job of separating the Shark forwards, that they even made Schultz look good on the breakouts.

Pitt broke out of the zone as good as any team I have seen in quite a while.

I love hockey and it wasn't just spitefulness that stopped me but the playoffs just weren't that exciting this year. I miss the big hits and fancy goals :/

Goals?

What are those?

Oh yeah, now I remember. Those are the things which used to occur before the days of the neutral zone trap and stinkin John Tortorella and his block every shot mentality.

Ahhhh the good old days.

Goals?

What are those?

Oh yeah, now I remember. Those are the things which used to occur before the days of the neutral zone trap and stinkin John Tortorella and his block every shot mentality.

Ahhhh the good old days.

Hmm true! But even the last 4-5 years the goals have dried up dramatically. I miss when a series could change with a nice open ice hit or a hip check. Everyone used to get amped.

Then goals like Ryan's vs Nashville when people weren't afraid to take it to the net (or could take it to the net without trap hockey for an entire series) but now it's all perimeter. Even on the powerplay we are lucky to see 2-3 shots on net and that's considered a good pp

I hope the league can settle on a smaller upper body set for goalies. We might not see a lot of direct goals as a result but definitely more rebounds where players can crash the net for second opportunities which is a game the Ducks excel at.

Which means less bailouts from the defense and more whining from Quick! ;)