Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Southbayduck

Bruce Boudreau To Coach Minnesota Wild

84 posts in this topic

That was fast...

I just hope the Ducks can find a coach that can take them all the way.

I think Minnesota was the wise choice.  He doesn't have to deal with Melnyk.  Other consideration, he doesn't have to worry about his family members living in Ottawa catching any flak in relation to the team's performance (good or bad).

1 person likes this

I think Minnesota was the wise choice.  He doesn't have to deal with Melnyk.  Other consideration, he doesn't have to worry about his family members living in Ottawa catching any flak in relation to the team's performance (good or bad).

I've seen some people say that Minnesota is on the way down, and Calgary or Ottawa would have been a better choice. 

2 people like this

I've seen some people say that Minnesota is on the way down, and Calgary or Ottawa would have been a better choice. 

I don't know they're on the way down but they have roster issues and a record of under performing.

Calgary was indeed the best destination, however I don't know that Anaheim gave him permission to talk to them.

Minnesota is instantly better with Boudreau behind the bench there.

3 people like this

I see, so for the next 4 years,minnesota are not lookin for the Cup :lol: .

> state of hockey,meet the great red herrin < 

JOKES ASIDE

For the first time in his career,Boudreau goes to a strong Division,

interesting to see how his regular season numbers evolve.

Minny is a decent side,good prospect pool,great young talents already playing key roles,good mix of veterans.

I might of given you tons of **** over the time you were here (mostly rightfully so),buuuut you are not that bad,

really,you are a good coach,who i think needs to work on his issues,congrats,good luck and have a good one in Minny.

Edited by NiemiWillRise

thats funny.ive been hearing that Minny is on up rather than down.

I see, so for the next 4 years,minnesota are not lookin for the Cup :lol: .

> state of hockey,meet the great red herrin < 

JOKES ASIDE

For the first time in his career,Boudreau goes to a strong Division,

interesting to see how his regular season numbers evolve.

Minny is a decent side,good prospect pool,great young talents already playing key roles,good mix of veterans.

I might of given you tons of **** over the time you were here (mostly rightfully so),buuuut you are not that bad,

really,you are a good coach,who i think needs to work on his issues,congrats,good luck and have a good one in Minny.

When Boudreau came to Anaheim the Pacific was plenty strong. Produced two cup winning teams, and was represented in the conference finals each year.

1 person likes this

When Boudreau came to Anaheim the Pacific was plenty strong. Produced two cup winning teams, and was represented in the conference finals each year.

Whats your point???

During his "tenure" here,Pacific has been the weakest,no questions asked.

Ducks won 2007,different division...so our cup doesnt count,

also Kings first cup (2012) different division too,so that doesn't count eiher

Whats your point???

During his "tenure" here,Pacific has been the weakest,no questions asked.

Ducks won 2007,different division...so our cup doesnt count,

also Kings first cup (2012) different division too,so that doesn't count eiher

My point is simple. The Pacific was not a weak division during BB's 4.5 seasons in Anaheim. 

In 2007 BB wasn't the coach. I'm speaking about when BB coached 2011-12. When BB landed in Anaheim the Kings won the Stanley Cup. To get there they beat the Phoenix Coyotes. Both were Pacific Division teams. Saying he came to a weak division is wrong. Sorry.

The next three seasons a Pacific Division team would be represented int he Conference Finals.

Edited by ZTHER
1 person likes this

I think if he waited a little bit longer, he could of had his match made job in St. Louis. Provided they were eliminated this round.

Admittedly, I haven't watched 1 playoff game since the Ducks were eliminated so I have no idea how the St. Louis/Dallas series is going, but I'm under the impression that anything less than a Conference Finals appearance was bye bye for Hitchcock.

Would have been the perfect for BB. I do wish him success....2nd best success to the Ducks that is.

Edited by BlazingEtem
1 person likes this

Just read that on the NHL site! I wish him luck but sorry he's in the Western Conference! Don't like the competion! Never know tho, that competion will depend on how the guys do under him & if we get a good coach!

Anyone else think it was weird that the Ducks issued a statement congratulating BB on his new gig? 

Anyone else think it was weird that the Ducks issued a statement congratulating BB on his new gig? 

I guess it is unusual, but I think that just states that they really appreciated his efforts.

Congratulations, Minnesota, on being the 2016-17 Central Division Champions!

3 people like this

I don't know they're on the way down but they have roster issues and a record of under performing.

Calgary was indeed the best destination, however I don't know that Anaheim gave him permission to talk to them.

Minnesota is instantly better with Boudreau behind the bench there.

I don't think he needed permission after he got fired.

Does it mean the wild gets to pay BB next season instead of Anaheim

Correct. We are no longer responsible financially.

Congratulations, Minnesota, on being the 2016-17 Central Division Champions!

Between Chicago, St. Louis, and Nashville, I'd say that's unlikely. He picked a tough job.

Best of luck to Bruce, can't say the fit looks perfect on paper, but he has a lot to work with over there.

Can we send Stoner back now? 

Best of luck to Bruce, can't say the fit looks perfect on paper, but he has a lot to work with over there.

I think it was Bruce who referred to Parise as "the perfect hockey player", right? They've definitely got some top end talent over there. But what a brutal division to go to...

I think if he waited a little bit longer, he could of had his match made job in St. Louis. Provided they were eliminated this round.

Admittedly, I haven't watched 1 playoff game since the Ducks were eliminated so I have no idea how the St. Louis/Dallas series is going, but I'm under the impression that anything less than a Conference Finals appearance was bye bye for Hitchcock.

Would have been the perfect for BB. I do wish him success....2nd best success to the Ducks that is.

Blues are looking strong.  

1 person likes this

Blues are looking strong.  

Do they? Bout time.

They have always had a good roster. They just could never get past the Hawks/Wild.

1 person likes this

Chicago has peeked. Minnesota got there without him (playoffs), they will get there with him. He is winner as far as producing playoff teams. No question.

Cant wait to see Ducks Wild in a playoff and hopefully a game 6 or 7. That would be great.

1 person likes this

Chicago has peeked. Minnesota got there without him (playoffs), they will get there with him. He is winner as far as producing playoff teams. No question.

Cant wait to see Ducks Wild in a playoff and hopefully a game 6 or 7. That would be great.

My worst nightmare.

1 person likes this

Do they? Bout time.

They have always had a good roster. They just could never get past the Hawks/Wild.

I think they finally have some stability in net. That helps.

Scary team for sure.

I think the term "built for the playoffs" fits them quite well.

1 person likes this

The Wild were without Vanek and Parise this playoffs...that's a HUGE hole.

This should be an exciting time for Minnesota...they are going to be a force next year!

2 people like this

The Wild were without Vanek and Parise this playoffs...that's a HUGE hole.

This should be an exciting time for Minnesota...they are going to be a force next year!

Well, at least Bruce finally has his true #1 D man up there in Minny.

Then you have Jared Spurgeon who can generate points from the blue line and Dumba is a young stud who is going to be scary good.

I can see the Wild up there with the big boys in the Central next season for sure.

That division is going to be absolutely brutal with Winny probably rebounding from a poor showing this year. No doubt we'll be seeing  five teams from the Central to the playoffs once again.

Edited by wataduk
1 person likes this

I don't think he needed permission after he got fired.

He did need permission. Coaches don't get 'fired' in the normal sense. Bruce was still under contract with Anaheim for another season so the team needed to give him permission to go for other gigs.

A friend in Minny says they don't understand Anaheim firing Boudreau and that he's got a 4-year, $12MM deal there.   Way to go BB.  I told him that they got quite a deal with BB, too.

1 person likes this