The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sign in to follow this  
norge25

Cali-Brews

On 9/12/2018 at 4:51 PM, Drake12 said:

Yeah, the grapefruit is clean, citrusy and punchy. I like it better than the regular Sculpin. 

Their one offs or special versions of their regular stuff hasn't been the same the last year or so. I'm wondering if the Constellation buyout is starting to show. Or if some of the brewers have jumped ship.

Hopefully be passing through Heretic in the next few days, time permitting. Their Black Maria collaboration with Faction is one of my all time favorites.

I just had the grapefruit last night and it was pretty good. Definitely miles better than the Aloha. 

• Like 1

Hit up Heretic Brewing in Fairfield last week.

Primo Diablo-Evil Cousin IPA with Habañero. Little smoky, little fruity, plenty of heat, one of my favorites

Blood of Jupiter-Wine/beer hybrid done with ale yeast and sangiovese juice. Delicious, but definitely for those who like sours.

Juicier than Thou-their Make America Juicy Again IPA with Mango. I like it better than the base beer, heavier mouthfeel, mango compliments the hops. Good summer beer.

Torment-Belgian dark strong ale. Sweet, potent and good, but taster glass is too small to really enjoy it properly. My bad. Just have to make it up the next time. 

Current tap list is updated on their visit us page: http://hereticbrewing.com/visit

1 hour ago, Drake12 said:

Hit up Heretic Brewing in Fairfield last week.

Primo Diablo-Evil Cousin IPA with Habañero. Little smoky, little fruity, plenty of heat, one of my favorites

Blood of Jupiter-Wine/beer hybrid done with ale yeast and sangiovese juice. Delicious, but definitely for those who like sours.

Juicier than Thou-their Make America Juicy Again IPA with Mango. I like it better than the base beer, heavier mouthfeel, mango compliments the hops. Good summer beer.

Torment-Belgian dark strong ale. Sweet, potent and good, but taster glass is too small to really enjoy it properly. My bad. Just have to make it up the next time. 

Current tap list is updated on their visit us page: http://hereticbrewing.com/visit

I want this. In my face.

Primo Diablo sounds fantastic too.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2018 at 0:14 AM, poum said:

I want this. In my face.

Primo Diablo sounds fantastic too.

I bought an extra growler because I liked it so much. (For a brewery I might go to twice a year....)

PD is just so damned good. My mind is altered, my face is on fire, and oh yeah, here come the hops!

Had a Luponic Distortion #12. Meh. My first taste was "Well, not terrible." Then I saw on the bottle it has hints of strawberry, melondew and tangerine. I think those were the three. Long story short, I almost pounded a full IPA within several minutes trying to taste the fruit. It's there. Very, very subtle but there. Though I'm willing to give it a free pass, I had Scotch before hand. My taste buds might have been broken.

Edited by poum
  • Like 2

On 2/3/2019 at 2:49 AM, poum said:

Had a Luponic Distortion #12. Meh. My first taste was "Well, not terrible." Then I saw on the bottle it has hints of strawberry, melondew and tangerine. I think those were the three. Long story short, I almost pounded a full IPA within several minutes trying to taste the fruit. It's there. Very, very subtle but there. Though I'm willing to give it a free pass, I had Scotch before hand. My taste buds might have been broken.

Luponics have been bunk since about 3 or 4. So the fact that one might be good is surprising at this rate. Had a FW Rosalie last week. Had a sixer in fact, some kind of lager/rose hybrid. I would drink the hell out of it when it gets hot. Easy drinking to the point where two a day was easier than my 3 Nalgene a day water habit.

Went to Noble Ale Works on Saturday during one of the breaks in the Four Continents schedule. Naughty Sauce always on point. The imperial stout got me good and toasted, glad I got kebabs after.

Several thoughts...

1) My grocery market had Sour Orange Goose! I love that thing. It's disgusting how much I like that thing.

2) see (1)

3) I get to wear my #27 shirt out in public with pride!

• Like 2