Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZTHER

Top 10 Prospects 2016-17

Recommended Posts

Suddenly, Center Depth. Though I'm still not sold on that one. Can understand the shallowness on C and RW because Getz, Kes, Pears and Silfv are all signed long-term and are the de-facto core of the team, but sill a little worried. Speaking of which, might wanna add a G prospect, too.

 

In Madden we trust!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't mind Ducks add a Goalie Prospect.

 

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Yeah, there are enough good ones within the NCAA system that one or two should come easily. After all, while Utah isn't Anaheim, San Diego is pretty close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Initial count of #WorldJuniors NHL prospects: ANA-3, ARI-3, BOS-5, BUF-3, CGY-5, CAR-4, CHI-3, COL-2, CBJ-3, DAL-5, DET-3, EDM-2, FLA-1...

...LA-2, MIN-4, MTL-2, NAS-3, NJ-4, NYI-3, NYR-2, OTT-5, PHI-9, PIT-2, SJ-3, STL-3, TB-5, TOR-4, VAN-2, WAS-3, WPG-3

Most: Phi (9)

 

Anaheim:

Julius Nättinen - Finland

Jacob Larsson - Sweden

Troy Terry - USA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if there's a better thread for this, but Troy Terry (Ducks prospect) is having a very solid tourney for the US team. He just put away three beauties against Russia in the shootout. He scored one do or die to keep the shootout alive, then went b2b to put it away. It was Sochi-Oshie-esque. 

Good looking young prospect (channeling my inner Ahlers), he impressed at rookie camp and looks solid as hell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, AustinDuck27 said:

Not sure if there's a better thread for this, but Troy Terry (Ducks prospect) is having a very solid tourney for the US team. He just put away three beauties against Russia in the shootout. He scored one do or die to keep the shootout alive, then went b2b to put it away. It was Sochi-Oshie-esque. 

Good looking young prospect (channeling my inner Ahlers), he impressed at rookie camp and looks solid as hell. 

This'll do, he displayed great puck control and a veteran's patience making Samsonov bite as many times as he did. (Who I believe is the heir apparent to one B. Holtby in our nation's capital.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Mooseduck said:

Troy Terry scoring the SO Winner tonite vs Russia.....Shows why our Ducks Drafted him.  Congrats to USA ON Winning in the WJC Semi.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

They call him the next TJ Oshie now, 3 goals wow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AustinDuck27 said:

Not sure if there's a better thread for this, but Troy Terry (Ducks prospect) is having a very solid tourney for the US team. He just put away three beauties against Russia in the shootout. He scored one do or die to keep the shootout alive, then went b2b to put it away. It was Sochi-Oshie-esque. 

Good looking young prospect (channeling my inner Ahlers), he impressed at rookie camp and looks solid as hell. 

Terry scored 3 of the 4 U.S. goals in the shootout. As I posted earlier, he was the player of the game against Russia in the first game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Terry scored 3 of the 4 U.S. goals in the shootout. As I posted earlier, he was the player of the game against Russia in the first game. 

Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, but wouldn't that be something if we scored top-6 forwards with 5th (Terry) and 7th (Kase) round picks??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, but wouldn't that be something if we scored top-6 forwards with 5th (Terry) and 7th (Kase) round picks??

It'd be nice, given how guys like Tyler Johnson and Cam Atkinson (and all those awful Wings stalwarts) came to be. I feel like we have yet to have a late round pick that just exploded when he hit the NHL level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Drake12 said:

It'd be nice, given how guys like Tyler Johnson and Cam Atkinson (and all those awful Wings stalwarts) came to be. I feel like we have yet to have a late round pick that just exploded when he hit the NHL level.

Vatanen, Beleskey, Manson... yeah, I'm reaching. None exactly exploded unless you count the high glass on a couple Beleskey shots.

Wasn't TyJo undrafted?

 

My early guess, Terry looks to me like a guy that will be a solid middle six guy offensively, but needs to round out his defensive play to really be a lock. He looks a little casual at times, that first Team Russia goal didn't look too good on him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2017 at 6:04 PM, AustinDuck27 said:

Vatanen, Beleskey, Manson... yeah, I'm reaching. None exactly exploded unless you count the high glass on a couple Beleskey shots.

Wasn't TyJo undrafted?

 

My early guess, Terry looks to me like a guy that will be a solid middle six guy offensively, but needs to round out his defensive play to really be a lock. He looks a little casual at times, that first Team Russia goal didn't look too good on him. 

He was indeed undrafted. Trying to use him to umbrella late-round picks and undrafted gems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terry's been good tonight. They bumped him up a couple lines and added him to the PK. How that wasn't a holding the stick penalty on the guy holding his stick late in the third, I have no idea.

 

Oh boy it's going to a shootout. ?

 

Games this good shouldn't end in a gimmick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terry can't be stopped in the shootout. Between Terry, Silfvy, and maybe Kase, we should be dominating the league in shootouts in the near future LOL. Now if one of the other kids could be aces in 3v3 OT, that'd be just swell. 

Congrats to Terry and Team USA, great game! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Troy Terry! Not Dany Heatley (he of the 50-in-07 fame) is calling him The Five-Hole God. Already Twitter-famous, lad. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooooo stoked!!! That was one hell of a game! And Troy Terry, just awesome. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, wataduk said:

Cool, the USA got a nice trophy and Canada got a lovely hors d'oeuvres dish.

Pairs perfectly with the home-cooked officiating served on a platter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AustinDuck27 said:

Pairs perfectly with the home-cooked officiating served on a platter. 

And the non biased color commentary from Ray Fox...errrrrrrr......Ferraro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...