The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZTHER

Top 10 Prospects 2016-17

12 hours ago, AustinDuck27 said:

Terry can't be stopped in the shootout. Between Terry, Silfvy, and maybe Kase, we should be dominating the league in shootouts in the near future LOL. Now if one of the other kids could be aces in 3v3 OT, that'd be just swell. 

Congrats to Terry and Team USA, great game! 

that is, if we'll be able to make it to a shootout... :/

Denver Hockey‏@DU_Hockey

RECAP - Terry Records Career-High Five Points (2G-3A) as Denver Routs Arizona State 6-1 at Magness Arena: http://www.denverpioneers.com/sports/m-hockey/recaps/010717aaa.html … #DUGameDay

Chris Peters Retweeted Denver Hockey

The legend of Troy Terry grows. Drops a career-best five points in his first game back from the WJC. #LegenTerry ????????

Mike ChambersVerified account‏@MikeChambers

ANA draft pick Troy Terry, the @usahockey WJC hero from @DU_Hockey, is out indefinitely w upper-body injury. Definitely long-term.

"Terry appeared to be favoring his left arm after an open-ice hit by Broncos defenseman Luke Bafia in the third period on Friday."

On 14.01.2017 at 11:06 PM, DuckFan4Life said:

ANA draft pick Troy Terry, the @usahockey WJC hero from @DU_Hockey, is out indefinitely w upper-body injury. Definitely long-term.

"Terry appeared to be favoring his left arm after an open-ice hit by Broncos defenseman Luke Bafia in the third period on Friday."

Awwww. Seems that all of our nice prospects get injured at a time a have stunded junior careers...how on earth are we gonna grow our McDavid's then?

On 1/14/2017 at 0:06 PM, DuckFan4Life said:

Aww horseDehydrated Donkey Dung! Least it isn't his noodle. I see upper-body injury with any of our fledgings and cringe.

Kyle Shohara Retweeted Denver Hockey

Troy Terry with two goals in this one. Both were beauties.

Denver Hockey‏ @DU_Hockey

WATCH - Highlights from Tonight's Sweep-Clinching Win: http://www.denverpioneers.com/collegesportslive/?media=550656 … @DUCoachMonty's Post-Game Interview: http://www.denverpioneers.com/collegesportslive/?media=550657 …

Matt Larkin...

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/future-watch-2017-the-nhl-s-top-10-rising-prospects... Larsson and Montour climbing.

I think Vatanen is the odd man out in the off season, particularly if Murray extends Fowler.

Fowler, Lindholm, Manson, Montour, Larsson, Theodore could be good for a long time.

13 hours ago, ZTHER said:

Matt Larkin...

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/future-watch-2017-the-nhl-s-top-10-rising-prospects... Larsson and Montour climbing.

I think Vatanen is the odd man out in the off season, particularly if Murray extends Fowler.

Fowler, Lindholm, Manson, Montour, Larsson, Theodore could be good for a long time.

It makes total sense to move Vatanen now, I just wish we can win a Cup with him onboard he's such a nice ducks fan

On 3/15/2017 at 2:09 PM, ZTHER said:

Matt Larkin...

If Murray extends Fowler, I think the logjam is on the left side of the defense, so IMO either Theo or Larsson should be moved if we lock up Cam long-term.

And while I think that group could be very good long term, you're also looking at three guys (Monty, Theo, Larsson) who probably still have some growing pains ahead of them. Fowler had them last season. Vats (and to a lesser extent Lindholm) earlier this season. Theo seems to be having some serious growing pains now too. Manson has been having some lately too, as evidenced by his TOI over the last month and a half (i.e. RC doesn't seem to be trusting him as much because of the mistakes he's been making). And even though he's a bit older than all the other guys were when they broke into the league, I'm not convinced Monty won't have them later if he's given a bigger role. And Larsson for sure is due to have some due to his age (19) and the fact that he's been playing in Europe.  Do you really want risk that many guys going through growing pains over the next two seasons considering the ages of the Perry/Getzlaf/Kesler trifecta?

I love seeing that list though. It just means their trade value is climbing. If Fowler re-signs, we should be getting something really good for Theo or Larsson.

Growing pains from a young guy would at least be cheaper and more understandable/forgivable than garbage play from a $4m veteran. If we can survive Kevin, we can survive some hiccups from kids with actual talent.

On 3/15/2017 at 2:09 PM, ZTHER said:

Matt Larkin...

This makes sense given that we wouldn't be able to carry Fowlers new contract along with alll the rest. Sure Vats has a good deal but that would set us up for cap disaster keeping Vats in the mix. The younger D guys will be cheaper for longer. Plus Vats has the most trade value compared to Theo, Larson and Montour as well I think which we could flip for that much needed scoring winger. 

NHL Network is playing Game 1 between Windsor (Nättinen) and London (Jones) right now if anyone's interested.

Terry has 2g and 2a at the end of the second period for Denver, who lead 5-2 over Penn State. A win sends them to the Frozen Four.

Empty netter for the hat trick! Denver's going to the Frozen Four on the back of his five point effort!

2 hours ago, norge25 said:

Empty netter for the hat trick! Denver's going to the Frozen Four on the back of his five point effort!

Ducks prospect Troy Terry had a day. Three goals, two assists in 6-3 win over Penn State to send top-ranked Denver to Frozen Four.

Troy Terry is dominating in the championship game tonight. His assist on Denver's 2nd goal was absolutely sick. He's got 2 assists tonight and I believe I heard 9 points in his last 3 games. 

57 minutes ago, Spencer_12 said:

Troy Terry is dominating in the championship game tonight. His assist on Denver's 2nd goal was absolutely sick. He's got 2 assists tonight and I believe I heard 9 points in his last 3 games. 

Great game, to quote Melrose, Terry has been "electric". Total big game player.

Yes! Congrats to Terry and DU! 

They said he was on a short list of player to win the World Juniors and Nationals along with Kariya. Love this pick... a 5th rounder! Hopefully he bulks up a little more next year and makes a smooth transition to the pros after that. 

Congrats to Troy Terry and  DU.  Duck's prospect, TroyTerry sets up Lukosevicius for the hat trick in the NCAA Finals.  Last time a hat trick is completed in the NCAA finals, now DU coach Jim Montgomery, 1993, when he was at University of Maine.  His line mate.... Paul Kariya.