The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZTHER

Top 10 Prospects 2016-17

1.Sam Steel

2.Max Jones

3.Jacob Larrson

4.Troy Terry

5.Nic Kerdiles

6.Kalle Kossila

7.Max Comtois

8.Antonie Morand

9.Tyler Soy

10.Olle Erikson Ek.

Those are my top Ten Ducks Prospects......If anyone has any questions feel free to debate.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I’m getting a little nervous that Troy Terry won’t sign with the Ducks. Adding to his resume, he played well in the Olympics. I knew he grew up in Denver but did not know that during the NHL lockout, Joe Sakic coached his son’s team of which Terry was also a player. Credits Sakic for his success. Also grew up an Avalanche fan. Rumor BM offered him a contract last year but he opted to go back to school thinking they could repeat as champs. He has one more year of college but I hope he decides to sign after this year.

If he goes back to school next year he’s definitely gone. He’s outgrown the college game though so going back for another year might not be great for his development and it’s not like he makes much more money as a college UFA either. Hopefully that keeps things looking favorable for the Ducks.

15 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

I’m getting a little nervous that Troy Terry won’t sign with the Ducks. Adding to his resume, he played well in the Olympics. I knew he grew up in Denver but did not know that during the NHL lockout, Joe Sakic coached his son’s team of which Terry was also a player. Credits Sakic for his success. Also grew up an Avalanche fan. Rumor BM offered him a contract last year but he opted to go back to school thinking they could repeat as champs. He has one more year of college but I hope he decides to sign after this year.

I wonder who's lobbying against closing this loophole. This is so, so ugly. And we're not even the only team to lose marquee players to it.

On 2/21/2018 at 9:57 AM, DuckFan4Life said:

I wouldn't hit panic unless he decides to go back to Denver. If he does that, then he's not going to sign with Anaheim. I think that there is a more of a chance of him signing after the current college season ends and playing with the Ducks this year. If he signs and plays just one game with Anaheim, then he'll burn a year off of his entry level deal and will be able to hit free agency sooner than he otherwise would have. At this point, Anaheim's biggest advantage to help sign him is that they can offer him the quickest route to a NHL pay day.

As far as him going back to school, I think, well hope at least, that it had more to do him playing in the Olympics. He was a lock to make the team with the NHL not going. If it wasn't for the Olympics then I'd be much more nervous about him going to free agency.

3 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I wouldn't hit panic unless he decides to go back to Denver. If he does that, then he's not going to sign with Anaheim. I think that there is a more of a chance of him signing after the current college season ends and playing with the Ducks this year. If he signs and plays just one game with Anaheim, then he'll burn a year off of his entry level deal and will be able to hit free agency sooner than he otherwise would have. At this point, Anaheim's biggest advantage to help sign him is that they can offer him the quickest route to a NHL pay day.

As far as him going back to school, I think, well hope at least, that it had more to do him playing in the Olympics. He was a lock to make the team with the NHL not going. If it wasn't for the Olympics then I'd be much more nervous about him going to free agency.

According to CapFriendly, Schultz signed a two year ELC. Unless I'm missing something (I probably am), he could still skip signing with the Ducks and still hope for a cash out later. 

My one hope, is BM, the stubborn old bar stooling dog that he is, will refuse to be screwed by this situation twice. Otherwise, duck and cover if you work in that office.

3 hours ago, poum said:

According to CapFriendly, Schultz signed a two year ELC. Unless I'm missing something (I probably am), he could still skip signing with the Ducks and still hope for a cash out later. 

My one hope, is BM, the stubborn old bar stooling dog that he is, will refuse to be screwed by this situation twice. Otherwise, duck and cover if you work in that office.

He could, but it would still be a year further down the road - Schultz had to play his senior year, then get two years of an ELC.  Terry would start his ELC this year, then have two more years of ELC (one of which would have been his Sr year) then become an RFA.  So Terry would get to free agency one year earlier.  But correct me if I'm wrong on that.

16 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

He could, but it would still be a year further down the road - Schultz had to play his senior year, then get two years of an ELC.  Terry would start his ELC this year, then have two more years of ELC (one of which would have been his Sr year) then become an RFA.  So Terry would get to free agency one year earlier.  But correct me if I'm wrong on that.

That is my understanding of it as well. If Terry goes to free agency then no team can offer him more than a two-year entry level deal because of the entry slide rules. Anaheim gives him the quickest path to reaching UFA status since that is determined by the amount of seasons played. Anaheim can sign him this season and a burn a year off his contract that counts towards his FA status by playing him in just one game. He'd actually get to UFA status 2 years sooner doing that then he would by going back for his senior year. We should know how it all plays out within the next six weeks, depending on when Denver's season ends.

Schultz actually only played 3 years at Wisconsin and then de-registered from the school which allowed him to become a UFA due to a loophole about him playing in the BCHL previously. 

Seems BM is confident in signing him.

Troy Terry is a player that Murray said to watch. When he is finished with his season in Denver he could join the club and play.

1 hour ago, Fisix said:

Is that a good thing?

That’s what I was trying to figure out. He’s been stewing for quite some time and still has not progressed to the AHL club at least. Maybe I’m missing something 

2 hours ago, Fisix said:

Is that a good thing?

48 minutes ago, RobD360 said:

That’s what I was trying to figure out. He’s been stewing for quite some time and still has not progressed to the AHL club at least. Maybe I’m missing something 

The way I see it, he may have started the CHL as a 15 year old, and it seems he was drafted a year late, hence the extra games.
Dunno about his play or development.

1 hour ago, DucksProg said:

The way I see it, he may have started the CHL as a 15 year old, and it seems he was drafted a year late, hence the extra games.
Dunno about his play or development.

Now if it is 321 games played with no injury and 100% attendace iron man streak ala mini Cogs then maybe we got something 

7 hours ago, RobD360 said:

Now if it is 321 games played with no injury and 100% attendace iron man streak ala mini Cogs then maybe we got something 

A suspension coming :ph34r:

4 hours ago, Spencer_12 said:

Troy Terry watch is on as Denver’s season ended today. 

Do we get a playoff boost?  Or do we get Schultzed?

And yes, I know we can't technically get Schultzed until next year, but if Terry doesn't sign in the next month or two, that's where I'm worried this is going.

3 hours ago, RobD360 said:

Troy Terry Watch should have its own thread

I'm on it.