Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DuckFan4Life

San Diego Gulls 2016-17

296 posts in this topic

Oh well. Still a nice season from them and a solid playoff run. Got derailed by injures and the big club feeding off BIG TIME off of the Gulls' roster. I am so happy that we have the minor team down in SD, it's fantastic! They deserve more love from Bob, I even dare to think.

Boo. Nice little run there. hope they build onto the team and add the required pices to get over the hump. Now that they are eliminated, can the Ducks easily use up the players there for the big club? Any players worth snatching to help out?

Edited by RobD360

4 hours ago, Aksun said:

Oh well. Still a nice season from them and a solid playoff run. Got derailed by injures and the big club feeding off BIG TIME off of the Gulls' roster. I am so happy that we have the minor team down in SD, it's fantastic! They deserve more love from Bob, I even dare to think.

Having a nearby minor team doing as well as the Gulls will be HUGE in building supportive and fans to hopefully transition to more seat sales at the Ponda

1 hour ago, RobD360 said:

Boo. Nice little run there. hope they build onto the team and add the required pices to get over the hump. Now that they are eliminated, can the Ducks easily use up the players there for the big club? Any players worth snatching to help out?

We already got Enroth, Kerdiles and Carrick, aside from Jaycob Megna, I can't really think of anyone else. Garbuttge is KHL now and Etem is broken.

Such a good season, so sad it had to end so soon and to San Jose. 

Fledglings have done well with all the call-ups and hope they get over this second-round hump next season.

Good season for the Gulls under the circumstances, shame that Jones, Steel, and Terry are still a year away from being AHL eligible. Looks like Sorensen is going sideways, Kase and Ritchie aren't coming back. Montour and Theo likely have made the jump for good. Could be wrong, but I think Nattinen may be able to make the jump next season. Can't think of any other players (Larrson?... Pettersson?), particularly forwards, that will be coming to the Gulls next season. 

Kinda thinking they might fall off a bit next season before a big influx of talent hits them the following year (if we don't pluck a couple guys before then). Wish there was a better place to get insight on the goings on and insight about the Gulls. 

4 minutes ago, AustinDuck27 said:

Good season for the Gulls under the circumstances, shame that Jones, Steel, and Terry are still a year away from being AHL eligible. Looks like Sorensen is going sideways, Kase and Ritchie aren't coming back. Montour and Theo likely have made the jump for good. Could be wrong, but I think Nattinen may be able to make the jump next season. Can't think of any other players (Larrson?... Pettersson?), particularly forwards, that will be coming to the Gulls next season. 

Kinda thinking they might fall off a bit next season before a big influx of talent hits them the following year (if we don't pluck a couple guys before then). Wish there was a better place to get insight on the goings on and insight about the Gulls. 

Wait, are Steel and Jones not eligible? Wasn't Jones playing in the AHL playoffs this year?

1 hour ago, liquid13 said:

Wait, are Steel and Jones not eligible? Wasn't Jones playing in the AHL playoffs this year?

The only reason he could do that is because his junior team's season was over.   Once that happens, the player can play in the AHL on a professional tryout contract.  

Otherwise you have to be 20 by December 31 of the year the season starts.  Jones and Steel both turn 20 next February, so they're in juniors for one more year unless they stick with the NHL team.

2 hours ago, liquid13 said:

Played on an ATO after his season was done, I think. Can't play in the A full time until he turns 20 next February (same as Steel).

edit- gorb beat me to it.

Edited by AustinDuck27

6 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

The only reason he could do that is because his junior team's season was over.   Once that happens, the player can play in the AHL on a professional tryout contract.  

Otherwise you have to be 20 by December 31 of the year the season starts.  Jones and Steel both turn 20 next February, so they're in juniors for one more year unless they stick with the NHL team.

Terry (20 in Sept) should be eligible then?

12 hours ago, AustinDuck27 said:

Terry (20 in Sept) should be eligible then?

Yeah, but he's college, so the rules are different.  He can come out at any time, I believe.  But it sounds like he's committed to going back to school for one more year.

12 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

Yeah, but he's college, so the rules are different.  He can come out at any time, I believe.  But it sounds like he's committed to going back to school for one more year.

Ha, yeah, brainfart. Forgot he was playing for Denver. 

Looks like Nattinen might be the only real addition of note to the forward group, and maybe Larsson on the back end.

Good piece on Eakins, I like what he's done in San Diego, and hope after winning a Calder Cup, he comes up to the big club. Also, revealing how messed up the organization in Edmonton has been over the last decade. 

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/dallas-eakins-content-ahl-yet-hopeful-second-nhl-shot/

1 person likes this

Pierre LeBrun‏Verified account @PierreVLeBrun

Hearing that Dallas Eakins will interview in Arizona for the Coyotes HC job.

1 person likes this

44 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Pierre LeBrun‏Verified account @PierreVLeBrun

Hearing that Dallas Eakins will interview in Arizona for the Coyotes HC job.

I wish Eakins all the best with getting an HC job, he was handed a Dehydrated Donkey Dung sandwich in Edmonton while there. But the loyal Duck in me wants his next shot to be the HC of the big club after really solidifying the Gulls as one of the best in the A.

22 hours ago, Drake12 said:

I wish Eakins all the best with getting an HC job, he was handed a Dehydrated Donkey Dung sandwich in Edmonton while there. But the loyal Duck in me wants his next shot to be the HC of the big club after really solidifying the Gulls as one of the best in the A.

Whoa too early to say goodbye to Eakins he's still the Gulls Coach for now.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

1 person likes this

On 6/30/2017 at 5:05 PM, Drake12 said:

Posted 18 days ago, I'm assuming Eakins is still the coach for the Gulls. Don't entirely blame him. I'd say the job in SD is better than being thrown under the bus again. 

Edited by poum

On 6/30/2017 at 5:05 PM, Drake12 said:

How does a double post happen on an edit?

Edited by poum

I am certain that when the Puck Drops Ducks Farm team in San Diego. We may see Prospects like Dostie,Kerdiles,Jones,Steel,Boyle and few others....Future is Bright and Ducks will Grow Strong in years and decades to come.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

12 hours ago, poum said:

Posted 18 days ago, I'm assuming Eakins is still the coach for the Gulls. Don't entirely blame him. I'd say the job in SD is better than being thrown under the bus again. 

Yeah, Tocchet got that job in Arizona. 

Side note, I was out in Arizona last weekend. Holy hell, that damned arena is way too far out. And barely visible from their beautiful, well-maintained highways.

13 hours ago, poum said:

I think he's on a good track to move up within the Ducks.  It's a tough call, considering the $$ difference, but maybe he didn't really get the offer, yet.