The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DuckFan4Life

San Diego Gulls 2016-17

15 minutes ago, AustinDuck27 said:

Bummer. Is there some reason that he had to go back to Sweden as opposed to staying in SD (contractual obligation or something)? Seems that he should continue getting comfortable with the NA ice and pro game rather than going back and forth like that. 

Personal choice maybe by him? IDK.

17 minutes ago, BlazingEtem said:

Personal choice maybe by him? IDK.

I thought it was something built into his contract, or, if not explicitly written, it was a handshake agreement between him and the Ducks.  And with as much as the Ducks scout in Sweden, it makes a lot of sense to honor that contract and keep the goodwill.

On 11/12/2016 at 8:02 PM, Spencer_12 said:

I'm pretty sure he was wearing that # last season for the Gulls but I'm not 100% positive.

I checked the roster and you are correct. I don't recall any other player wearing one number in AHL and a different number when they're called to the big club. 

3 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

I checked the roster and you are correct. I don't recall any other player wearing one number in AHL and a different number when they're called to the big club. 

Don't they all do that? The Ossas wear #18 and #19 in San Diego and #48 and #74 in Anaheim. Seems like this is a regular thing.

18 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Don't they all do that? The Ossas wear #18 and #19 in San Diego and #48 and #74 in Anaheim. Seems like this is a regular thing.

I thought that was the case far more often than wearing the same number for both clubs. Bobby Ryan wore #6 in Iowa, #54 when first called up, transitioned to #9. Kunitz work #14 in Cincinnati, #38 when called up initially, then #14 when he came back from ATL. 

I was under the impression that it was a long-standing Randy policy to have players "earn" their preferred numbers with the big club.  Seems like that could be a pretty common practice among the old-school hockey minds.  Just another way of putting the team before individual personality.

P.S. sorry for this mess down here, DF4L.  Anyone know how to get rid of unwanted quotes on mobile? 

On 14/11/2016 at 2:28 PM, DuckFan4Life said:
On 14/11/2016 at 2:28 PM, DuckFan4Life said:

4 hours ago, JackPolo said:

I was under the impression that it was a long-standing Randy policy to have players "earn" their preferred numbers with the big club.  Seems like that could be a pretty common practice among the old-school hockey minds.  Just another way of putting the team before individual personality.

P.S. sorry for this mess down here, DF4L.  Anyone know how to get rid of unwanted quotes on mobile? 

I haven't figured out how to remove quotes, remove a double quote, or remove a quote that you didn't choose.  The new site is jacked up and "unliked" by most who use it.

16 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

I haven't figured out how to remove quotes, remove a double quote, or remove a quote that you didn't choose.  The new site is jacked up and "unliked" by most who use it.

Unliked anonymously, though.

After a sluggish, injury-filled start to the season, Gulls are riding a six-game win streak. Wags tore up the Reign in Ontario with a 1g 2a performance today. Good job, lads!

3 hours ago, BlazingEtem said:

Anybody know how Kerdiles is doing? His window of being a Duck is starting to come to a close.

He's been concussed since preseason, I think. 

20 hours ago, norge25 said:

He's been concussed since preseason, I think. 

Oh bollocks. Hope the team sends him straight to that doc that dealt with Sid and Meghan Duggan's issues.

INJURY UPDATE: Matt Hackett and Emerson Etem have successful surgeries, will be out indefinitely.

Media Contact:
Steve Brown, San Diego Gulls, (619) 359-4704

Dec. 2, 2016

SAN DIEGO – The San Diego Gulls announced today that goaltender Matt Hackett had successful surgery to repair a labrum tear in his left shoulder. Additionally, right wing Emerson Etem had successful knee surgery. Both players will be out of the lineup indefinitely.

Damn, had no idea what Etem's injury was. That's a big blow for SD, could be unavailable all season depending on what needed repairing in his knee. Hopefully Hackett recovers quickly as well.

They did get Sörensen back recently from a presumed "mild" concussion, and Roy is picking up some legit offense here in his first pro season, so hopefully the new guys stepping up will replace both the guys the Ducks have promoted (Crammer, Ritchie, Roy, Theo and Wags most of the time) and the injured guys (Etem, Kerdiles, Hackett, etc.)

Should add that the guys won their seventh straight game vs division leaders Tuscon this week. Very classy show by the Gulls staff and fans to show tribute to Roadrunners captain Cunningham who's still hospitalized following his collapse on the ice last week. Gulls wore his number on their helmets, and fans in the lower bowl had a bunch of supportive signs. Good stuff, SD.

8 straight! Sörensen with the S/O winner in Stockton tonight. Noesen scored a sick shorty in the third period, too.

On 03.12.2016 at 9:04 AM, norge25 said:

8 straight! Sörensen with the S/O winner in Stockton tonight. Noesen scored a sick shorty in the third period, too.

I have a weird feeling that the farm team and the big club just can't play well in parallel. When the Ducks are on a tear, farm team tanks, then it's vice versa. Though maybe it's just me and my not following the farm team all that closely thing.

And their tribute to Cunningham... always a very nice and proper thing to do, awesome job, Gulls! So happy that we've finally found an affiliate we can stick with for a decade or more after this crazy rotation that we had...

CapFriendly CONFIRMED: Dustin Tokarski #Ducks 1 year / 2 way Extension NHL - $650,000 Minor - $300,000 ($360,000 Guaranteed)

In addition to John Gibson, #Ducks now have a second goalie that meets the minimum requirement for exposure in the upcoming Expansion Draft.

1 hour ago, Spencer_12 said:

Gulls are now going to be on TV. Unfortunately, it looks to be SD only as the channel it will be on is Fox 5 San Diego :(

I'm hoping it pulls in more San Diego fans. With the Padres record and the Chargers most likely leaving town, the Gulls fan base could really grow.

3 hours ago, Mooseduck said:

You probably saw it on Social Media but I think a Gulls Fan or someone is passing out Gulls Tickets to Disenfranchise Charger fans.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

This guy is handing out @SDGullsAHL tickets here to #ChargersNFL_Season_2016_SD.png fans...

11:10 AM - 12 Jan 2017

Anyone know how Kerdiles is going? Anyone that has watched the games?

Obviously statistics don't paint the whole picture. Him and Noesen have had it tough and had fair potential

1 hour ago, DuckFan4Life said:

This guy is handing out @SDGullsAHL tickets here to #ChargersNFL_Season_2016_SD.png fans...

11:10 AM - 12 Jan 2017

Heard the guy handing out the tickets was one of the movers and shakers of The Colony fan club. Love that town. 

On 1/12/2017 at 6:26 PM, codyBRUZ said:

Anyone know how Kerdiles is going? Anyone that has watched the games?

Obviously statistics don't paint the whole picture. Him and Noesen have had it tough and had fair potential

Kerdiles hasn't played a game for the Gulls all season, but it looks like he's finally skating again so he may be getting close. Took an elbow to the head in a Ducks' preseason game.