The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DuckFan4Life

San Diego Gulls 2016-17

On 1/9/2017 at 7:46 PM, DuckFan4Life said:

I'm hoping it pulls in more San Diego fans. With the Padres record and the Chargers most likely leaving town, the Gulls fan base could really grow.

I think it'll be a huge boon for them, especially now that the Chargers have officially LOLeft town for LOL.A.

What a dumb move by that football owner. 

But yeah, Gulls should get a lot more fans from this, and get some current casual fans much more engaged and involved. AHL Live is super expensive so only diehard fans are watching away games or any home games they're not in attendance for. Elsten's great, but watching > listening. And Elsten and BJ will be calling the TV broadcast too! B)

I'm a little surprised the Gulls can't get on KDOC with this deal. The Samueli's own both the channel and the team. Perhaps they don't think the ratings would be good enough in the KDOC market to replace whatever currently airs  on those select days/times? It could simply be more complicated than just owning the station and team too. Bummer either way.

Gulls won their first ever game against Rockford this week, and just won their first ever game against Iowa tonight. Montour straight beasting since being returned to the A.

First highlight is v Rockford, second v Iowa Wild.

17 minutes ago, Spencer_12 said:

Hahahahaha that's sick a Ducks prospect actually tried and then pulled off that move.

Well,..he is Finnish,so...of course he could do that :) .

Now it wasnt as spectacular as Granlunds one,but pretty darn good goal nevertheless.

3 hours ago, Spencer_12 said:

Hahahahaha that's sick a Ducks prospect actually tried and then pulled off that move.

Pulled off a Jedi trick on Star Wars night in front of a sell-out crowd of 12,000, at that!

Gulls edged back into playoff position with that win. Gonna try to catch them away at Ontario tomorrow after work if the downpour doesn't wash my car away. ?

On 1/21/2017 at 9:21 AM, norge25 said:

Pulled off a Jedi trick on Star Wars night in front of a sell-out crowd of 12,000, at that!

Gulls edged back into playoff position with that win. Gonna try to catch them away at Ontario tomorrow after work if the downpour doesn't wash my car away. ?

Did you make it to Ontario?

1 minute ago, DuckFan4Life said:

#Ducks have placed Stefan Noesen on waivers.

Oh barf. Never #WagsWaivers again!

21 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

#Ducks have placed Stefan Noesen on waivers.

Wow.  Didn't see that one coming.  I could see Colorado snagging him.

On 1/23/2017 at 10:33 AM, Drake12 said:

Did you make it to Ontario?

Did not. Got out of work early (11am), so I went home for lunch, and the sky started UNLOADING shortly thereafter. Didn't feel up to rowing up the 15 N river when I could stay home and listen to Elsten's radio call instead.

They'll be back here a couple Fridays from now.

2 minutes ago, norge25 said:

Did not. Got out of work early (11am), so I went home for lunch, and the sky started UNLOADING shortly thereafter. Didn't feel up to rowing up the 15 N river when I could stay home and listen to Elsten's radio call instead.

They'll be back here a couple Fridays from now.

I feel ya. Listening to Elsten's call was what was keeping me from getting restless and ticked off driving to Ventura, the weather was atrocious. I'm just glad the slide at Pismo hadn't reoccured, half of SLO county seemed to be underwater. 

Gulls clobbered Tuscon 8-1 on Wednesday, and eeked out another W 2-1 last night courtesy of solid tending by Enroth and two Wags goals. The teams face off again tonight to close out this 3 game mini series, which covers the make up dates for the games missed after Cunningham's medical emergency. 

On January 27, 2017 at 6:04 PM, Drake12 said:

Nick K back on the ice! Woo-hoo! 

Great news!

BRANDON MONTOUR OT BREAKAWAY GOAL FOR THE WIN! 

Gulls beat Ontario 4-3.

Kerdiles notched a goal in the 3rd period, his first of the season (after returning from that preseason injury just one game ago). Great feel good win for SD!

Gulls shut out the Reign in San Diego, 2-0 off a Laganiere brace, to sweep the weekend home-and-home series. B)

4-2 win over the Condors tonight extends the win streak to 6 and the unbeaten streak to 12. They play San Jose next in a winner-takes-division-lead game.

iirc, before going on this tear, they weren't in playoff position. 

Just now, norge25 said:

4-2 win over the Condors tonight extends the win streak to 6 and the unbeaten streak to 12. They play San Jose next in a winner-takes-division-lead game.

Enroth has been a wall for them. 

5 hours ago, norge25 said:

The more I read about that stuff the more I'm confident that the teams are soul-linked. The Ducks are beasting? Gulls are out of the playoff race. Gulls are back on fire? Ducks are slumping then. It makes sense with them being our farm team what with all the player call-ups, but it shouldn't look that obvious, right?

BM unloading Bernier to give Enroth a Ducks spot and leave the Gulls out to dry incoming in 3...2..1.

2 hours ago, Aksun said:

The more I read about that stuff the more I'm confident that the teams are soul-linked. The Ducks are beasting? Gulls are out of the playoff race. Gulls are back on fire? Ducks are slumping then. It makes sense with them being our farm team what with all the player call-ups, but it shouldn't look that obvious, right?

BM unloading Bernier to give Enroth a Ducks spot and leave the Gulls out to dry incoming in 3...2..1.

The Gulls are winning without their top 2 defenseman who are with the Ducks and their 3rd or 4th (Norge?) goalie this season.  Whether it's coaching, players or both, the Gulls don't give up in any game. Player call ups aren't affecting the Gulls. The Ducks need their star player to be a star and right now he's a passenger. Lack of scoring and nowhere to send an outlet pass is what is affecting the defense. The forwards need to step it up.