Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DuckFan4Life

San Diego Gulls 2016-17

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Spencer_12 said:

Hahahahaha that's sick a Ducks prospect actually tried and then pulled off that move.

Well,..he is Finnish,so...of course he could do that :) .

Now it wasnt as spectacular as Granlunds one,but pretty darn good goal nevertheless.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spencer_12 said:

Hahahahaha that's sick a Ducks prospect actually tried and then pulled off that move.

Pulled off a Jedi trick on Star Wars night in front of a sell-out crowd of 12,000, at that!

Gulls edged back into playoff position with that win. Gonna try to catch them away at Ontario tomorrow after work if the downpour doesn't wash my car away. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2017 at 9:21 AM, norge25 said:

Pulled off a Jedi trick on Star Wars night in front of a sell-out crowd of 12,000, at that!

Gulls edged back into playoff position with that win. Gonna try to catch them away at Ontario tomorrow after work if the downpour doesn't wash my car away. ?

Did you make it to Ontario?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DuckFan4Life said:

#Ducks have placed Stefan Noesen on waivers.

Oh barf. Never #WagsWaivers again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

#Ducks have placed Stefan Noesen on waivers.

Wow.  Didn't see that one coming.  I could see Colorado snagging him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2017 at 10:33 AM, Drake12 said:

Did you make it to Ontario?

Did not. Got out of work early (11am), so I went home for lunch, and the sky started UNLOADING shortly thereafter. Didn't feel up to rowing up the 15 N river when I could stay home and listen to Elsten's radio call instead.

 

They'll be back here a couple Fridays from now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, norge25 said:

Did not. Got out of work early (11am), so I went home for lunch, and the sky started UNLOADING shortly thereafter. Didn't feel up to rowing up the 15 N river when I could stay home and listen to Elsten's radio call instead.

 

They'll be back here a couple Fridays from now.

I feel ya. Listening to Elsten's call was what was keeping me from getting restless and ticked off driving to Ventura, the weather was atrocious. I'm just glad the slide at Pismo hadn't reoccured, half of SLO county seemed to be underwater. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gulls clobbered Tuscon 8-1 on Wednesday, and eeked out another W 2-1 last night courtesy of solid tending by Enroth and two Wags goals. The teams face off again tonight to close out this 3 game mini series, which covers the make up dates for the games missed after Cunningham's medical emergency. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On January 27, 2017 at 6:04 PM, Drake12 said:

Nick K back on the ice! Woo-hoo! 

 

Great news!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BRANDON MONTOUR OT BREAKAWAY GOAL FOR THE WIN! 

Gulls beat Ontario 4-3.

 

Kerdiles notched a goal in the 3rd period, his first of the season (after returning from that preseason injury just one game ago). Great feel good win for SD!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gulls shut out the Reign in San Diego, 2-0 off a Laganiere brace, to sweep the weekend home-and-home series. B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4-2 win over the Condors tonight extends the win streak to 6 and the unbeaten streak to 12. They play San Jose next in a winner-takes-division-lead game.

 

iirc, before going on this tear, they weren't in playoff position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, norge25 said:

4-2 win over the Condors tonight extends the win streak to 6 and the unbeaten streak to 12. They play San Jose next in a winner-takes-division-lead game.

 

iirc, before going on this tear, they weren't in playoff position. 

Enroth has been a wall for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, norge25 said:

4-2 win over the Condors tonight extends the win streak to 6 and the unbeaten streak to 12. They play San Jose next in a winner-takes-division-lead game.

 

iirc, before going on this tear, they weren't in playoff position. 

The more I read about that stuff the more I'm confident that the teams are soul-linked. The Ducks are beasting? Gulls are out of the playoff race. Gulls are back on fire? Ducks are slumping then. It makes sense with them being our farm team what with all the player call-ups, but it shouldn't look that obvious, right?

BM unloading Bernier to give Enroth a Ducks spot and leave the Gulls out to dry incoming in 3...2..1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aksun said:

The more I read about that stuff the more I'm confident that the teams are soul-linked. The Ducks are beasting? Gulls are out of the playoff race. Gulls are back on fire? Ducks are slumping then. It makes sense with them being our farm team what with all the player call-ups, but it shouldn't look that obvious, right?

BM unloading Bernier to give Enroth a Ducks spot and leave the Gulls out to dry incoming in 3...2..1.

The Gulls are winning without their top 2 defenseman who are with the Ducks and their 3rd or 4th (Norge?) goalie this season.  Whether it's coaching, players or both, the Gulls don't give up in any game. Player call ups aren't affecting the Gulls. The Ducks need their star player to be a star and right now he's a passenger. Lack of scoring and nowhere to send an outlet pass is what is affecting the defense. The forwards need to step it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

The Gulls are winning without their top 2 defenseman who are with the Ducks and their 3rd or 4th (Norge?) goalie this season.  Whether it's coaching, players or both, the Gulls don't give up in any game. Player call ups aren't affecting the Gulls. The Ducks need their star player to be a star and right now he's a passenger. Lack of scoring and nowhere to send an outlet pass is what is affecting the defense. The forwards need to step it up. 

Moreso this. Gulls have been without Ritchie, Kase and Crammer all or nearly all year, three guys who were big contributors for them last season, Gibson obviously, Hackett and Etem out with season-ending injuries, Theo most of the year on call-ups despite being scratched, and their star d-man Montour for a couple stretches. Noesen was their star forward earlier this season; he's obviously been lost on waivers. Kerdiles just came back after also being absent all season (concussion). They're playing well no matter who's in the line-up. And yes, 4th regular starter for them, and 5th I believe to backstop them at any point this season. Hackett as mentioned got badly injured, Tokarski spent a long time out hurt, Boyle played surprisingly well for them for a stretch, and I think Faragher got a couple games too. 

 

Basically, the team as a team is killing it right now. B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, norge25 said:

Moreso this. Gulls have been without Ritchie, Kase and Crammer all or nearly all year, three guys who were big contributors for them last season, Gibson obviously, Hackett and Etem out with season-ending injuries, Theo most of the year on call-ups despite being scratched, and their star d-man Montour for a couple stretches. Noesen was their star forward earlier this season; he's obviously been lost on waivers. Kerdiles just came back after also being absent all season (concussion). They're playing well no matter who's in the line-up. And yes, 4th regular starter for them, and 5th I believe to backstop them at any point this season. Hackett as mentioned got badly injured, Tokarski spent a long time out hurt, Boyle played surprisingly well for them for a stretch, and I think Faragher got a couple games too. 

 

Basically, the team as a team is killing it right now. B)

It really is crazy how they've maintained, heck, improved under such turnover.

How closely do you follow them, norge? You've sort of replaced AdmiralsFan as our resident AHL reporter. ;) I'm wondering who the standouts are right now, and how guys like Welinski, Roy, and Sorensen have been coming along. Oddly, I see more reports on our junior level players than our AHL prospects, maybe it's a hype thing (especially Sam Steel, my word is that kid on a tear).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...