The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SwedeWulf

Hampus Lindholm

The Ducks have till December to sign him. At which point he has to forfeit the season. No one wins. Ducks don't sign him, he won't play for a full season.

It's obnoxious Lindholm and Rakell hasn't signed. It's also a sign Murray hasn't been able to trade a contract too. Someone, somehow, has to go to fit the two Swedes.

The best thing is that we've heard no rumors about this. Nothing strictly negative, nothing strictly positive, just nothing. It speaks of the very professional nature of both Bob and the Agents. This is good for business, but worrying for us fans nonetheless. No fancy drama, but scary and boring to death at the same time.

Does anyone know if Ducks are going to dispose of Hampy. It looks likely since no signing has taken place yet.

I don't think there's any chance they move him. Maybe if he's holding out at the end of November. But I doubt that happens.

hope no other team makes an offer and we can"t

If a team was to make an offer, I'm positive it would have been done by now. And matched. With a trade.

With nothing happening right now as so mentioned, no news is good news. Let's all wait and see. If Fowler (didn't he have an official Ducks interview today) becomes the odd man out. I'll be first inline when IKEA opens up so I can smash a coffee table to my hearts delight in Burbanks parking lot.

Rakell, more so than Lindholm, is in a bad position because of his holdout.  Not only will he miss training camp, he will most likely miss a bit of the beginning of the season due to his surgery.  That gives BM and RC time to evaluate the Gulls looking to move up.  If one of them shows real potential, that may drop BM's original offer or will at least make him more determined not to budge.  

I'm hoping Lindholm is just waiting for the WC to be over and then he'll sit at the table and sign.  

Rackell and the Ducks would both be served by a two year contract (I assume that would get Rackell to UFA status?) with a modest salary. Rackell needs to add to his resume before earning a big payday. He's shown the potential, but not yet the consistency in my opinion.

Lindholm has earned a raise, but if he wants too much of a raise for the team's current budget... trade him in exchange for some top tier forward prospects and/or young forward talent. We have depth at the blue line, and while I'd hate to lose someone of Lindholm's potential, it won't destroy the team to lose him; it'll just be disappointing that we couldn't clear enough budget space to keep him. I don't want to see him go (a la Bobby after all the complaining) but I think the franchise can stay competitive without him if they have to.

p.s. I wonder if the only reason Rackell isn't signed is as insurance against an offer to Lindholm... to make sure we have enough budget room to match offers to Lindholm.

If a team was to make an offer, I'm positive it would have been done by now. And matched. With a trade.

With nothing happening right now as so mentioned, no news is good news. Let's all wait and see. If Fowler (didn't he have an official Ducks interview today) becomes the odd man out. I'll be first inline when IKEA opens up so I can smash a coffee table to my hearts delight in Burbanks parking lot.

AGREE 100% - Hampus will sign a contract fairly soon - and if there were going to be any offers it would have happened by now. We are not hearing any rumblings by now if there was a major problem - and  RR has a significant problem because he is " damaged goods " and is a medical risk. Too bad for him but lucky the Ducks didn't sign him earlier before  the condition showed up. Glad to see Randy back in the saddle again - he will make our team  better organized and responsible. IMHO

PS hope we keep Cam - I think that this will be his best year so far !! 

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jacob-troubas-agent-says-client-requested-trade/

Trouba asking for a trade. Will Lindholm do the same if they can't come to an agreement?

If true, I'm tired of these young players feeling entitled enough to demand a trade. If an organization treats you horridly then by all means demand away. I miss the loyalty. But within 6 months, we have self entitled players such as Drouin, Rychel, nishkunin(?) and potentially trouba demanding trades or money at RFA status because they didn't get their way when vets on their team played to get where they were. And if it's not them, it's that ridiculous college loophole where if they hold out a couple of weeks they can go through free agency even when the team that drafted them has intent on signing them.

If players only showed a bit of loyalty and let their play do the talking beyond RFA status then I'd have no issue with any demands or needs. I'm just thankful Ducks haven't really been burned with this plague. But if there was a need I really appreciate professionalism such as Hamonic. There was no dismay and he's still dedicated to the team that chose him.

Rant over.

If true, I'm tired of these young players feeling entitled enough to demand a trade. If an organization treats you horridly then by all means demand away. I miss the loyalty. But within 6 months, we have self entitled players such as Drouin, Rychel, nishkunin(?) and potentially trouba demanding trades or money at RFA status because they didn't get their way when vets on their team played to get where they were. And if it's not them, it's that ridiculous college loophole where if they hold out a couple of weeks they can go through free agency even when the team that drafted them has intent on signing them.

If players only showed a bit of loyalty and let their play do the talking beyond RFA status then I'd have no issue with any demands or needs. I'm just thankful Ducks haven't really been burned with this plague. But if there was a need I really appreciate professionalism such as Hamonic. There was no dismay and he's still dedicated to the team that chose him.

Rant over.

The Ducks had Jultz.  Not the same situation, but the college loophole.  I agree that the commitment to team isn't there and as much as it frustrates me, it's a business. Just as it's a business when a GM tells a player they won't get traded and they do.  I think as time goes on, we will see more and more RFAs holding out and asking for trades.

It could still happen to the Ducks with Lindholm, but the Trouba situation is completely different. He has wanted out for awhile. We haven't heard anything about Lindholm. Hopefully Lindholm and Rakell get signed soon, it's not good that training camp has started and both aren't signed.

The Ducks had Jultz. Not the same situation, but the college loophole. I agree that the commitment to team isn't there and as much as it frustrates me, it's a business. Just as it's a business when a GM tells a player they won't get traded and they do. I think as time goes on, we will see more and more RFAs holding out and asking for trades.

Yeah I completely understand that. And it's a shame it very well may be the way of the future unless addressed in the CBA.

This Trouba rumor had merit. He and his agent say this is just to benefit him and the team but then refuses to report to the camp? That aggravates me as a hockey fan. That team now loses the upperhand and now if this trade comes to fruition, will be dealt to the highest bidder which is now likely picks and if lucky a decent roster player. It's not often you see a Johansen and Seth 'hockey trade' which could have been the case if he cooperated and went to camp.

If Lindholm made this public knowledge and didn't report to camp I'd say good riddance but would be peeved knowing that a better deal may have been reached if there was discretion and cooperation.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jacob-troubas-agent-says-client-requested-trade/

Trouba asking for a trade. Will Lindholm do the same if they can't come to an agreement?

Just kinda thought of something, though I may be totally wrong. I only hear news when an RFA actually signs an offer sheet. I can't recall news of an offer sheet being rejected. Perhaps a GM or two threw something out and Lindholm rejected them, wanting to be a Duck. Keeping the Swedeheim dream alive.

Well Just wanna Let you all Know Sweden is elminate by Team Europe in the WCH Semi's 3-2. Hopefully we see Hampus and Jakob and Hopefully Rakell at the Ducks Training Camp aka Gathering.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Hopefully it means Lindholm will start focusing on a contract. I hope to hear something early next week.

CENTERED TEXT?

Because NWR's font choices and haiku formatting were not already straining the eyeballs enough, right?

Because NWR's font choices and haiku formatting were not already straining the eyeballs enough, right?

There once was a man from Nantuckett

The mobile version works great, at least on a phone. I hope this doesn't get changed as well.

I went to the desktop to see the main theme, unbeknownst to me it changed. Holy mackerel, have you guys been dealing with this since the password change?

I went to the desktop to see the main theme, unbeknownst to me it changed. Holy mackerel, have you guys been dealing with this since the password change?

No, it was fine until I went on vacation last week.  I come back, no Swede signings, AND the format of the message board is shot to heck.

Would BM consider Lindholm for Trouba if Trouba gave him a verbal to sign in Anaheim? Although it has been rumored, and denied by his agent, that he's asking for 8 years $56M which is way over budget and time that I think BM is willing to give. If he would take less and the Jets would also take Stoner or Despres, it could be an option.

Would BM consider Lindholm for Trouba if Trouba gave him a verbal to sign in Anaheim? Although it has been rumored, and denied by his agent, that he's asking for 8 years $56M which is way over budget and time that I think BM is willing to give. If he would take less and the Jets would also take Stoner or Despres, it could be an option.

If we are having trouble signing Hampus, we'll have the same trouble with Trouba. 

I'm actually surprised no one seems to be talking much about an offer sheet for Trouba. An offer sheet at up to $5.633M/season nets the Peg a 1st and a 3rd, and since he doesn't want to play there anyway there's probably little chance of the Jets matching.

Also, doesn't Trouba to the New York Islanders for Hamonic kind of make a lot of sense right about now? How has that trade not been completed yet?

Yeah bottom left on the screen, change format to IP board.

Okay, changed to IP Board.

I'm all..............bluish now.

Interesting though, it's not saving quotes from other posts as a separate entry in a shaded area.