Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
foxtrot1128

Ducks Boards Issues?

20 posts in this topic

Does anyone else seem to have troubles with the ducks message boards since the website remodelling? The whole page seems "stripped", with all graphics and logos gone. It also says "301 perm move" at top of page, don't know what that's all about. Even the posts are different formats. I am not sure if this is because of the website do -over , or maybe a mobile thing. It is just that the whole page is not right. Anyone got some insight?

It's the same for me but everything is still functioning correctly so I wouldn't exactly call them issues. The only real difference is how every post is automatically formatted to the centre of the page now which is a little weird but it's not the biggest deal. I'm guessing the 301 error thing is there since the forums always took their graphics from the Ducks homepage and now there's nothing left to borrow from with the new league-wide minimalist redesign. The forums look exactly the same on mobile as they always have.

1 person likes this

It's the same for me but everything is still functioning correctly so I wouldn't exactly call them issues. The only real difference is how every post is automatically formatted to the centre of the page now which is a little weird but it's not the biggest deal. I'm guessing the 301 error thing is there since the forums always took their graphics from the Ducks homepage and now there's nothing left to borrow from with the new league-wide minimalist redesign. The forums look exactly the same on mobile as they always have.

There used to be a link to the Ducks home page at the top of the screen, and unless I'm missing it, that's now gone.  I don't browse on mobile and the site looks terrible on my PC.

1 person likes this

I had to reset my password...

But it also seems that something is wrong considering I am indicating a "left margin" on my post...and (well, we shall see after I post) I assume it will appear as in the center...

There used to be a link to the Ducks home page at the top of the screen, and unless I'm missing it, that's now gone.  I don't browse on mobile and the site looks terrible on my PC.

Fowler's fault.

[too soon?]

4 people like this

Fowler's fault.

[too soon?]

It's all Fowler's fault we signed Bieksa and Stoner.

1 person likes this

I can't open any of the topics!

Nevermind, I finally got one to open! Have to get used to this new look!

Edited by Ladyduck

Wish there was a 'listen live' button on the front page...like there was in every previous design in the web page...

2 people like this

I can't open any of the topics!

Nevermind, I finally got one to open! Have to get used to this new look!

Quote from AD27: http://fans.ducks.nhl.com/community/topic/14741-hampus-lindholm/page-2

Bottom of the page, "change theme", IP.Board. That's what's working for me anyhow, can't handle the new look.

It blue-ish, but at least it's not centered.

I wanted you all to be aware the board will be down early tomorrow for site maintenance. I'm not 100% sure, but I think some of these issues will be addressed.

I'm not a fan of this constant centering. Really throws off the entire look of the board.

Admin Ken

3 people like this

I know this board is down but I'm still having problems! Only the post listed on the directory page opens but if I want to open the whole topic to see other posts it's a no go! I suppose we'll get used to all the newness but right now I don't care for it. Just trying to find out if the game is on the radio or not is hard to find! I guess I'm spoiled!

Edited by Ladyduck

Oh hot damn. Much cleaner, and we can use our names again to log in!

1 person likes this

On 9/28/2016 at 6:58 PM, Ladyduck said:

I know this board is down but I'm still having problems! Only the post listed on the directory page opens but if I want to open the whole topic to see other posts it's a no go! I suppose we'll get used to all the newness but right now I don't care for it. Just trying to find out if the game is on the radio or not is hard to find! I guess I'm spoiled!

That info is on the Ducks page, not normally the boards.

1 person likes this

I'm having issues pulling up this site and it's pages now. Most of the time I need to keep hitting refresh multiple times before the page actually opens because I get a blank screen on my phone. What happened?  

Edited by RobD360

Just a suggestion - I appreciated the NUMBERING  of the post so I could tell where I  was and how many post were remaining - it was 21 posts per page and I could figure out what was to come. A minor point but it would be nice.

THANKS

1 person likes this

I'll see if that is an option I can turn on.  I know what you mean, I liked it also.

On 3/18/2017 at 3:15 PM, Administrator said:

I'll see if that is an option I can turn on.  I know what you mean, I liked it also.

Thanks I would appreciate that

I've searched everywhere I can find, and it doesn't appear to be an option any more.

All of the contacts I had at the mothership have disappeared so I will have to develop some new contacts.

Sorry, but it doesn't look like it is going to happen right now.