Brett26

New website problems...

41 posts in this topic

I think the new website is terrible.  Slow, to many video's and adds' on the home page.   Missing: box scores (or at least they are well hidden), The home page quick calendar with scores and the month at a glance, and being able to sort players by different headings in the team section.  I like to read my duck news, not watch videos.  

Please give us back our old site.

Brett26

1 person likes this

Unfortunately we gets what they gives us.

I couldn't agree more, but I didn't say that.

I never said that.

It's rigged!

Whenever I try to move from topic to topic on the forums, the website simply flat out fails to load saying that the website "could not read the URL" or "Anaheim Ducks Message Board is not responding. Try Again." It's not that big of a deal because then I just exit out and reopen a tab, but it would be less annoying if this wasn't always the case and the site wasn't crashing on me for trying to view other topics of discussion. I don't know if this is just me or a universal problem amongst users. Just thought you guys should be aware of the situation.

-BE

Yep, constant errors every time I click on something new. I wonder if this is happening with other team sites.

I made a post about the server error last night and the board seems to have taken exception to that. The problem has increased ten fold. It's less of nuisance now as it is down right infuriating.

1 person likes this

Took me 3 tries just to get into this topic with all the errors. In other topics it's taken 5 tries at times. Ridiculous.

Edited by Spencer_12

10 hours ago, poum said:

I made a post about the server error last night and the board seems to have taken exception to that. The problem has increased ten fold. It's less of nuisance now as it is down right infuriating.

So it's your fault it's getting worse! Dangit poum!

oops, just posted something about needing to refresh every time I go (try to go) to a new page in a different thread.
Glad it's not just me.

I'm getting a lot of  HTTP 500 errors...sometimes I need to refresh 2-3 times to get through.

On 10/20/2016 at 10:02 PM, Administrator said:

Unfortunately we gets what they gives us.

I couldn't agree more, but I didn't say that.

I never said that.

It's rigged!

LOL Ken.

Let me drop a big thanks to you for a thankless job over the years.

4 people like this

Thanks for the input here guys.

Trust me, my experiences are no different than yours. Every page I go to if fails, refresh 3 or 4 times and you may get the page. It took me 8 tries just to get the game day thread posted. Every time I had it ready to go, it would show a fail, the website can't do that right now. Hit refresh, and viola a totally blank page saving nothing.

I am bring this to Adam's attention. I certainly hope it is isolated, and not a problem that is ongoing. 

I'll let you know if anything gets resolved.

2 people like this

7 hours ago, Administrator said:

Thanks for the input here guys.

Trust me, my experiences are no different than yours. Every page I go to if fails, refresh 3 or 4 times and you may get the page. It took me 8 tries just to get the game day thread posted. Every time I had it ready to go, it would show a fail, the website can't do that right now. Hit refresh, and viola a totally blank page saving nothing.

I am bringing this to Adam's attention. I certainly hope it is isolated, and not a problem that is ongoing. 

I'll let you know if anything gets resolved.

I'm sure the solution to the problem is allowing avatars, fancy signatures, and GIFs ;)

Thanks for all the hard work you put into the website.

The info was forwarded to the NHL contacts after my last post, and yet it took me 3 tries to edit a post, and 4 to make a post.

I sure don't know what's going on, but it  appears to be site wide (Ducks that is).  If I hear anything, I'll leave it here.

1 person likes this

Thanks for the communication, glad to know it's being worked on.

Hopefully this is fixed before we lose half the community.

16 hours ago, Administrator said:

The info was forwarded to the NHL contacts after my last post, and yet it took me 3 tries to edit a post, and 4 to make a post.

I sure don't know what's going on, but it  appears to be site wide (Ducks that is).  If I hear anything, I'll leave it here.

MLB Advanced Media is terrible...

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, ZTHER said:

MLB Advanced Media is terrible...

Agreed, but I can't admit it....

1 person likes this

My emoticons aren't working either now. It's like they are punishing us for complaining, lol.

2 people like this

Yeah, it's really bad.  The "go to the first unread comment" feature is my favorite part of the boards, but with this reload issue, it's completely useless.  It's killing discussion at a time when it would be nice to talk about a suddenly not so bad looking team.

1 person likes this

I... I think it's fixed... Two threads without a refresh! Thanks Admins for passing it along to the idiots who don't know how to code! (I probably just broke it with that comment)

2 people like this

7 hours ago, BlazingEtem said:

Testing...

1, 2, 3. 

Thanks, it's working.

Edited by Administrator

8 hours ago, poum said:

I... I think it's fixed... Two threads without a refresh! Thanks Admins for passing it along to the idiots who don't know how to code! (I probably just broke it with that comment)

I have to agree with you poum. After sending the emails last night, Saturday, and again this morning it appears to be working.

If only they knew how to reply to a message to say "We're working on it, or how is it working now?" That would be wonderful.

Burn it up guys, let's test the (Dang, no poop emoji !) out of it.

2 people like this

Woo hoo, I can post my comments once again.
Okay....who booed?:ph34r:

Testing 1-2 ....testing 1-2

Can you hear me now?

Thanks Admin.

1 person likes this