Brett26

New website problems...

41 posts in this topic

On 11/7/2016 at 9:56 PM, wataduk said:

Woo hoo, I can post my comments once again.
Okay....who booed?:ph34r:

Testing 1-2 ....testing 1-2

Can you hear me now?

Thanks Admin.

Wish I could take credit for it, but I can't.

In fact, I have no idea whom to thank. Never received any kind of response. Not the same group any more, I guess.

1 person likes this

Really bummed how down board participation is this season. 

3 people like this

On 12.11.2016 at 0:14 AM, ZTHER said:

Skeleton crew. No Niemi wars on the GDT's and mytduxfan a distant memory now. Aww.

1 person likes this

Probably also due to the number of away games so far. Not everyone can GDT at 4 or 5 in the afternoon.

On 11/11/2016 at 1:14 PM, ZTHER said:

I'm guessing that a good many just haven't managed to sort out the whole password thingy and may not ever figure it out.
Took me a while and I have a decent grasp of technology. Well, full disclosure that was mostly my fault due to having multiple accounts with NHL.com.

That was primarily due to the different contests that they hold throughout the year and my wanting to cheat:o by entering multiple times under different logons. :ph34r:

I can't imagine how befuddling it might be for some of those with

not much of an idea how to deal with this whole fiasco.

Edited by wataduk
2 people like this

On 11/9/2016 at 4:43 PM, Administrator said:

Wish I could take credit for it, but I can't.

In fact, I have no idea whom to thank. Never received any kind of response. Not the same group any more, I guess.

You stayed proactive on it so that is good enough for me.
I'm fairly certain that your persistence made a difference.

1 person likes this

On 11/11/2016 at 1:14 PM, ZTHER said:

It's been a perfect storm of discouraging factors:

1. Awful website issues that probably discouraged a lot of people from even trying to post (looks like this may finally be a past issue).

2. Making the "Like" button anonymous, which I think really discourages discussion and debate.

3. The re-hiring of Randy Carlyle as our coach, which inspired absolutely zero excitement and anticipation for the fan base.

4. The hold-out of our two most exciting young players, which also sucked some of the life out of the beginning of the season.

5. The Ducks are playing a somewhat boring brand of hockey right now IMO.

6. Lastly, I think the election might have played a role in board participation. It's been a YUUUGE distraction from the more important things in life, like whether we should trade Fowler.

I still think we can turn it around though. Hopefully the website issues have been ironed out, and with Raks and Lindholm back in the fold I'm optimistic our team will continue to improve.

4 people like this

19 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

1. Awful website issues that probably discouraged a lot of people from even trying to post (looks like this may finally be a past issue).

2. Making the "Like" button anonymous, which I think really discourages discussion and debate.

3. The re-hiring of Randy Carlyle as our coach, which inspired absolutely zero excitement and anticipation for the fan base.

4. The hold-out of our two most exciting young players, which also sucked some of the life out of the beginning of the season.

6. Lastly, I think the election might have played a role in board participation. It's been a YUUUGE distraction from the more important things in life, like whether we should trade Fowler.

I still think we can turn it around though. Hopefully the website issues have been ironed out, and with Raks and Lindholm back in the fold I'm optimistic our team will continue to improve.

Not sure if you have noticed, DTS but the building has been emptier than usual this year.

Not sure if that is the increase in ticket prices or any of the reasons that you listed but it is quite noticeable.
Had it not been for the Pittsburgh fans in attendance on the night we played the Pens, there might have only been around 9000 in the building to see the

world champions.

13 minutes ago, wataduk said:

Not sure if you have noticed, DTS but the building has been emptier than usual this year.

Not sure if that is the increase in ticket prices or any of the reasons that you listed but it is quite noticeable.
Had it not been for the Pittsburgh fans in attendance on the night we played the Pens, there might have only been around 9000 in the building to see the

world champions.

Sadly, I haven't been able to attend a game yet. However, several of the reasons I gave above could certainly be impacting attendance as well. I mean, who wants to go to a game with an anonymous "Like" button? :P

4 people like this

I've given up period. Having to go through the NHL signup which seems to take forever & then the new Ducks site that has a lot of videos when I just am looking for news, then the new board site....aaaaarrrrgggghhh!  I've just been watching the games missing the comraderie & fun with the gang!  Why should it take so much time to do all this stuff during the game!  I'm not a happy camper, but I feel for the Admins too that have to deal with this!  

Edited by Ladyduck
5 people like this

Functionally it's getting better Ken but the eye test looks like engagement is WAY DOWN vs last season (and seasons past)...

Game Day really needs some type of auto-refresh (which I'd think is a simple toggled setting in IP BOARD)

On 11/14/2016 at 2:49 PM, dtsdlaw said:

LIKE !!!

On 11/15/2016 at 11:08 AM, wataduk said:

world champions.

LIKE !!!!

All of the above - can't stand the ANONYMOUS LIKE - it STINKS - no real conversations or debates. Also the traffic on the 91 has been ridiculous - took me 2 + hours instead of the usual 40 minute - due to construction almost every weekend :angry::angry::ph34r:

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, ZTHER said:

Functionally it's getting better Ken but the eye test looks like engagement is WAY DOWN vs last season (and seasons past)...

Game Day really needs some type of auto-refresh (which I'd think is a simple toggled setting in IP BOARD)

Z, I've been looking for an auto refresh, and cant\'t locate anything on it as of yet, but I will continue to search for. Even requesting help is quite slow. 

I think it may be site wide though, and I don't know if that is what we want or not.

I'll post back later.

1 person likes this

On 11/19/2016 at 10:57 AM, Administrator said:

Z, I've been looking for an auto refresh, and cant\'t locate anything on it as of yet, but I will continue to search for. Even requesting help is quite slow. 

I think it may be site wide though, and I don't know if that is what we want or not.

I'll post back later.

Missed this update Ken.

We are actually rolling out I.P. Board across our network of sites... which I think is the backbone of this system (or at least used to be). If I see any settings I'll let you know.

1 person likes this

On 2/1/2017 at 9:34 PM, ZTHER said:

Missed this update Ken.

We are actually rolling out I.P. Board across our network of sites... which I think is the backbone of this system (or at least used to be). If I see any settings I'll let you know.

Thanks Z. I still haven't found anything that specifically addresses that feature. It could be that that is an option available to those above my pay grade. I've been through the settings several times, and just don't see it. I will keep looking for it though.