The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JackPolo

2016-17 Injuries

They're starting to pile up, and discussion is bleeding throughout a bunch of different threads, so here we go.

Missed the game last night against the Sharks, hearing Bernier is day-to-day, Tokarski recalled.  Any word on Getz?

We haven't called up any forwards (in fact one just went on waivers) so I can't imagine it's serious at this stage. 

Seems like Getz took one off the forearm, maybe it's just a bone bruise. I have to assume a fracture or anything worse would have a longer implied timeline. Paging DUCKSDOC...

And with all these injuries this year, we still have 8 points at this time while last year we had maybe 1 point overall at this time!!!

Just goes to show you about RC!!!!:t_hot_unread::t_hot_unread::t_hot_unread:

Seeing people step up their game during these injuries is pretty nice to see.  In the past there's been issues during times like these. 

2 hours ago, DUCKNADO said:

And with all these injuries this year, we still have 8 points at this time while last year we had maybe 1 point overall at this time!!!

Just goes to show you about RC!!!!:t_hot_unread::t_hot_unread::t_hot_unread:

I dunno. Last year at this time we were sporting around a 1.9% team shooting percentage. We are currently at 9.1%. I think that's the difference between 1-5-2 and 3-3-2. 

Gilbert left his feet to bang Ritchie's head off the glass should have been boarding and kicked out of the game.He should be up for a suspension especially since Richie didn't return to finish the rest of the game probably being evaluated for a concussion.The league is supposed to be stamping that out yet the 4 officials didn't see it, pretty blatant I'd say.

I thought having Jared Boll on the team was supposed to stop this stuff from happening.  As it turns out, players are going to make dirty plays.

I hope Ritchie is okay.

48 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

I thought having Jared Boll on the team was supposed to stop this stuff from happening.  As it turns out, players are going to make dirty plays.

I hope Ritchie is okay.

It's tough when the Kings turned into goons.  It would have been nice to see someone sucker punch Suter the way Nolan sucker punched Getz. I seriously dislike that man's cartoon face. 

4 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

It's tough when the Kings turned into goons.  It would have been nice to see someone sucker punch Sutter the way Nolan sucker punched Getz. I seriously dislike that man's cartoon face. 

(FTFY)  I think if not for the glass divider between the benches, Randy Bo-Bandy mighta taken care of that Muppet.  Was fun to see him give Sutter an earful for letting Clifford jump off the bench to fight Bieksa.   I feel like Bruce probably wouldn't have been as quick to hold him accountable in that situation.  I also feel like this is the closest I'll come to finding any justification for letting Bruce go :(

Would very much like the league to review.  Also, Ritchie needs to stay aware - he's got the highest hits number in the league, and there's a target on him as a result.  It's not his responsibility to protect himself against illegal hits, but he's going to draw physical play if he's dishing them out.

I'm really having a hard time understanding how 4 refs on the ice aren't catching these hits.  Ritchie was at the puck anyway... it's continuing the general feeling that the league is saying lots of progressive things and being fairly arbitrary (if not negligent) about how they enforce what they say.

I thought all hit's to the head got a mandatory review. And how was Gilbert jumping on the bench not an automatic 10 or 20 game suspension?

I would have paid money to see McClean or Carlyle grab Sutter by his scrawny neck and punched him into next Tuesday. Jerk decided game was over and he was going to make sure that at least one Duck player got injured. But what do you expect? It's win at all costs and the ends justifies the means. And the league looks the other way.

35 minutes ago, Fisix said:

Would very much like the league to review.  Also, Ritchie needs to stay aware - he's got the highest hits number in the league, and there's a target on him as a result.  It's not his responsibility to protect himself against illegal hits, but he's going to draw physical play if he's dishing them out.

I'm really having a hard time understanding how 4 refs on the ice aren't catching these hits.  Ritchie was at the puck anyway... it's continuing the general feeling that the league is saying lots of progressive things and being fairly arbitrary (if not negligent) about how they enforce what they say.

To be fair, I thought it was a clean hit in real time.  It wasn't until the slow motion review later that I noticed Gilbert made contact with the head, although it wasn't much, it was more the awkward angle that caused the damage.  I hope the league reviews it, but I'm not THAT upset the refs didn't make the call.  The blatant hit by Wiese on Holzer was completely inexcusable.

Take a look again at the hit Gilbert clearly had both skates off the ice obvious boarding Clearly if you can see the opponent's numbers you don't hit him you have to keep your skates on the ice not airborne,shoulder into helmet is a head shot suspension.

It was obvious throughout the game Sutter sent his goons out to try and take anyone out.It got even worse as they fell further and further behind on the scoreboard .https://streamable.com/7bp4

5 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

I hope Ritchie is okay.

Boll couldn't even handle Kyle freaking Clifford!
Boll is a fail as far as I am concerned.
I mean, if you are going to employ somebody to do a job, then he better be able to do the job.

Bieksa challenged the bench so I can't really hate on Sutter for sending FrankenClifford over the boards. That left from Bieks to

the nose of Kyle was a thing of beauty though.

Should have just had Manson go after Clifford.

It looks like Ritchie is unavailable Carlyle stated," Ritchie is under assessment right now.It's into the doctors hands at this point".

Kase and Sgarbossa called up.

Gilbert might have to stare into the face of Ritchie in one of the return games instead of looking at the numbers on Ritchie's back.

48 minutes ago, mulcher said:

Gilbert might have to stare into the face of Ritchie in one of the return games instead of looking at the numbers on Ritchie's back.

Second time a Duck is injured with no call on the ice but the players face NHL Player Safety. That tells me the officials aren't doing their jobs. 

Also this:

@ajmandarichio Highlighted as the "Hit of the Game" inside Staples Center last night.

The boarding aspect is less significant to me than Gilbert leaving his feet.  Ritchie was a bit vulnerable, and some of that is on him because he needs to protect himself.  The inexcusable part, in my opinion, is that Gilbert left his feet.  Any responsibility Ritchie had to protect himself goes out the window when a player is launching into a hit like that.  Without that, I think it is probably just a missed call.  With it, I think a suspension is justified.  Maybe a fine, since Gilbert has no history that I'm aware of.

5 hours ago, wataduk said:

Boll couldn't even handle Kyle freaking Clifford!

I rag on Boll more than almost anyone else here but I thought he did well for once. Scoreboard was easily 4-0 for both the game and the fights. That Jordan Nolan turtle after throwing two sucker punches perfectly summed up the last 50 years of Kings hockey. 

1 hour ago, PetrSykora said:

I rag on Boll more than almost anyone else here but I thought he did well for once. Scoreboard was easily 4-0 for both the game and the fights. That Jordan Nolan turtle after throwing two sucker punches perfectly summed up the last 50 years of Kings hockey. 

Clifford skated to the penalty box unassisted.
Soooo Boll did not do good enough.