The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JackPolo

2016-17 Injuries

We've been fortunate to have this thread be so unusually quiet this season. That said, any word on the captain? He left the game with a reported LBI and missed the 3rd period. I'm really hoping it was something flu-related, perhaps... ahem... intestinal so to speak. 

He needs to be back soon, Randly might grind Kesler into dust if not.

Cogs - Kes - Silf

Ritchie - Raks - Perry

Cramar - Verm - Kase

Something something Boll something

8 minutes ago, Mooseduck said:

Eric Stephens has stated that Getz was not on Ice for Practice Today...So it might be something serious or a Precaution for the Ducks.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Hopefully a maintenance day.

1 hour ago, Mooseduck said:

Eric Stephens has stated that Getz was not on Ice for Practice Today...So it might be something serious or a Precaution for the Ducks.

Your best post ever Moose! Thanks!

From the OC Register:

GETZLAF STATUS UNCERTAIN 

Ryan Getzlaf’s availability for the Ducks’ home game Wednesday against Detroit could likely determine whether the center is able to practice Tuesday .

Getzlaf suffered what the Ducks say is an unspecified lower-body injury Sunday night as he took one shift in the third period and did not return for the team’s 4-3 shootout victory over Philadelphia.

It could be some type of leg or foot ailment. Getzlaf was receiving treatment off the ice Monday at Honda Center and did not take part in the Ducks’ practice.

“He’s improved today from where he was yesterday,” Carlyle said. “Just not to a point where we feel he can skate. So we figured it was counterproductive at this point.

“It’s a muscle. It’s not a broken bone or anything. When he heals, it’ll get us an opportunity to get him back in the lineup right away. Right now, it’s day to day. We’ll just have to go forward and see what tomorrow brings.”

4 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

From the OC Register:

GETZLAF STATUS UNCERTAIN 

Ryan Getzlaf’s availability for the Ducks’ home game Wednesday against Detroit could likely determine whether the center is able to practice Tuesday .

Getzlaf suffered what the Ducks say is an unspecified lower-body injury Sunday night as he took one shift in the third period and did not return for the team’s 4-3 shootout victory over Philadelphia.

It could be some type of leg or foot ailment. Getzlaf was receiving treatment off the ice Monday at Honda Center and did not take part in the Ducks’ practice.

“He’s improved today from where he was yesterday,” Carlyle said. “Just not to a point where we feel he can skate. So we figured it was counterproductive at this point.

“It’s a muscle. It’s not a broken bone or anything. When he heals, it’ll get us an opportunity to get him back in the lineup right away. Right now, it’s day to day. We’ll just have to go forward and see what tomorrow brings.”

I expect him to sit out...

13 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

From the OC Register:

GETZLAF STATUS UNCERTAIN 

That's a little more forthcoming than usual. 

From the sound of things, he's going to be out for at least 1 game. Just hopefully not 2 or 3 because I have tickets Friday and Sunday...

Not 2016-17 injuries but interesting reading. 

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/18405505/nhl-big-question-worst-injury-seen-guy-play-through

Cam Fowler, D, Anaheim Ducks:"My first couple of years in the playoffs, in between every period, [Toni Lydman] couldn't take his own jersey off, so the trainer would have to come in and take his jersey off for him because his shoulder was so bad. But he played the whole playoffs, didn't miss a game, so that was pretty crazy to me. Greatest guy ever too."

On 1/4/2017 at 11:40 AM, DuckFan4Life said:

Not 2016-17 injuries but interesting reading. 

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/18405505/nhl-big-question-worst-injury-seen-guy-play-through

Cam Fowler, D, Anaheim Ducks:"My first couple of years in the playoffs, in between every period, [Toni Lydman] couldn't take his own jersey off, so the trainer would have to come in and take his jersey off for him because his shoulder was so bad. But he played the whole playoffs, didn't miss a game, so that was pretty crazy to me. Greatest guy ever too."

Beauchemin playing with a torn ACL through the playoffs comes to mind as well. 

Some true warriors out there. 

27 minutes ago, norge25 said:

Twitterverse reports Getzlaf is unlikely to play tonight, but did skate this morning.

If you're going to miss games, the games to miss are vs crappy teams like Detroit and Arizona.

58 minutes ago, ZTHER said:

If you're going to miss games, the games to miss are vs crappy teams like Detroit and Arizona.

This is a should win game even without Getz. Arizona are terrible. 8 game losing streak ongoing. 

On 1/6/2017 at 1:53 PM, ZTHER said:

First OT win without the Slothzlaf!

Pure speculation on my behalf but after seeing Getzlaf's interview in regards to his injury and how hush hush the team has been and him saying the key is 'not re-injuring' the ailment suggests that this has been an issue. But him saying that means not hurting it again but I don't think anyone saw him 'get injured' nor has anyone mentioned anything about the specific injury.

But I think Getz not getting his hernia surgery is coming back to haunt him.

Note; I did previously post this in the GDT but I think is more relevant here.

22 hours ago, codyBRUZ said:

Pure speculation on my behalf but after seeing Getzlaf's interview in regards to his injury and how hush hush the team has been and him saying the key is 'not re-injuring' the ailment suggests that this has been an issue. But him saying that means not hurting it again but I don't think anyone saw him 'get injured' nor has anyone mentioned anything about the specific injury.

But I think Getz not getting his hernia surgery is coming back to haunt him.

Note; I did previously post this in the GDT but I think is more relevant here.

You are right !! Not getting a hernia fixed is OK for a sedentary person - BUT  NOT FOR AN ATHLETE - hernias don't fix themselves and they ONLY get WORSE. IMHO ( as someone who has had a hernia fixed AND fixed quite a few :P )

6 minutes ago, DUCKSDOC said:

You are right !! Not getting a hernia fixed is OK for a sedentary person - BUT  NOT FOR AN ATHLETE - hernias don't fix themselves and they ONLY get WORSE. IMHO ( as someone who has had a hernia fixed AND fixed quite a few :P )

hope I'm wrong and it's just one of my conspiracy theories but it would explain a lot and why he's been resting rather than playing through like he normally would.

1 hour ago, Spencer_12 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/reallisa/status/822331529112207361

Silfverberg upper body injury. He hit his head on the ice, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's a concussion. Hope not.

This does not bode well for our 'Golden Line'. The Ritchie - Getzlaf - Perry and Rakell - Vermette - Doan lines better step it up real quick. Eh, a chance for Kase on the 2nd?