gorbachav5

Young Forward Wishlist

361 posts in this topic

With Lindholm signing today, our defense is not only intact, but looking very good for this season.  It also looks pretty solid for the future, as even if one of the Big Three (Lindholm, Fowler, Vatanen) are traded or lost for some reason, there is plenty of depth behind them with Shea Theodore, Brandon Montour, and Jacob Larsson coming through the system.  All look like at least second pairing defensemen with a chance to be more.  There are also some others who might contribute in Andy Welinski and Marcus Petersson.  The cupboard is full of defensemen.

The forward cupboard, however, is not so full.  We've got a stale loaf of bread, a can of beets, and a half-eaten box of regular Cheerios (Honey Nut or death!).  I know, there are some intriguing younger prospects (Jones, Steel, and Nattinen), but all of those guys are in juniors right now.  They're not helping any time soon.  It would be nice to get some scoring help now.

The idea would be to trade one of our young defensemen for a young, NHL-ready forward who can immediately jump into the lineup and contribute some goal-scoring.  This leaves our current defense intact (although a trade of Theodore would impact the NHL somewhat, he's currently 7th or 8th on the depth chart - a mistake, in my opinion, but I'm not the coach or GM).  I'd be perfectly willing to throw in a second round draft pick to land a stud forward, if that's necessary, but it would be nice to do a one-for-one swap: our young stud defenseman for your young stud forward.

The only strict rule is that the forward has to be on an entry level deal.  The Ducks can't afford to take on salary, so anyone we pick up would replace one of the guys currently in the lineup (an Ossa, maybe).  If we keep this realistic, we're not going to get a top 8 draft pick from the last few years, so don't be suggesting that we go out and trade for Puljujarvi or Laine.  Also, given the predilections of our GM, Russians are probably off the table as well.  Lastly, the trade works best when we're trading with a team who needs defense and has offense to spare, so that rules out a team like Nashville or LA (the team should also be willing to trade with us, which makes a Pacific Division rival less likely, but not entirely out of the picture).

So who's on your wish list?  Who could we trade with?  Who could we get for Theodore or Montour or Larsson + a pick?  I am woefully under-informed about any young players who aren't in the spotlight, so I'd love to see what some of you who know more about prospects think.

1 person likes this

I'll throw a couple of ideas out there, one of which has been talked about for a while now.

The first is Detroit.  They have a ridiculous number of forwards, and for some reason signed more in the offseason, including the corpse of Steve Ott.  They are not severely hurting for defense this year, but other than DeKeyser, the rest of their top four is on the wrong side of 30.  There's probably no way we pry Dylan Larkin out of their hands, but Athanasiou, Mantha, or Svechnikov (sigh...Russian) are probably within our price range.  I'm not as high on Athanasiou, but Mantha is an intriguing prospect.  Svechnikov is the one I'd really want, but when's the last time we acquired a Russian forward?  Where have you gone, Stanislav Chistov? (I've blocked the Evgeny Artyukhin experience from my memory.)

The second team is Winnipeg.  With Trouba asking for a trade out of town, they could use another good, young defenseman. They also have a few intriguing young forwards, although they might be out of our reach.  Laine is untouchable, but Nikolaj Ehlers and Kyle Connor would be upgrades for the Ducks offense.  Both of those guys are in the NHL now (Ehlers is in his second full year), so a draft pick would probably be required along with any defense prospect we sent over.  Joel Armia is another name to throw out there, but I don't know much about him. 

Other ideas?

1 person likes this

Drouin. Oh wait that was last deadline. Guess the only saving grace is his ELC is up after this year. Still a RFA though. Would've been happy moving Fowler or Vats last year for him. 

21 minutes ago, PBalisha said:

Want to get real crazy for a second I just did this and it works out. Yes, I love Dano and Petan.

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/211340

I feel like Dano's name has been out there for three years now and he hasn't yet been able to stick in the NHL despite getting significant time in Columbus a few seasons ago.  He's also been traded twice already.  If he can't get a lineup spot in Winnipeg, why do we think he'd improve our offense?  I honestly don't know; I just find it odd.

I don't know anything about Petan.    

Also, I just looked at your projected roster.  Sorry, but that's WAAAAAAAAAAY too much to give up for those two prospects plus a malcontented, unsigned RFA.  No thank you. 

But thanks for the suggestions on the prospects.  

Edited by gorbachav5

10 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

I feel like Dano's name has been out there for three years now and he hasn't yet been able to stick in the NHL despite getting significant time in Columbus a few seasons ago.  He's also been traded twice already.  If he can't get a lineup spot in Winnipeg, why do we think he'd improve our offense?  I honestly don't know; I just find it odd.

I don't know anything about Petan.    

Also, I just looked at your projected roster.  Sorry, but that's WAAAAAAAAAAY too much to give up for those two prospects plus a malcontented, unsigned RFA.  No thank you. 

But thanks for the suggestions on the prospects.  

That's perfectly fair too. I'm just trying to find guys who could potentially help the team on ELC. Not saying Dano would be a perfect fit but he scored 21 points in 35 games with Columbus that year. In reality, Drouin was the guy. That ship is lost in the Bermuda Triangle now though. 

2 minutes ago, PBalisha said:

That's perfectly fair too. I'm just trying to find guys who could potentially help the team on ELC. Not saying Dano would be a perfect fit but he scored 21 points in 35 games with Columbus that year. In reality, Drouin was the guy. That ship is lost in the Bermuda Triangle now though. 

Drouin would have been a great fit for the Ducks, but I also think that ship is well out to sea.  

I just really want a guy who is a sure-fire bet to be a second line forward in the NHL.  Maybe Dano is that guy.  Like I said, I don't know much about prospects.  I have heard Dano's name before, though, and it's odd to me that he's been bounced around so much without being able to stick in the NHL.

1 minute ago, gorbachav5 said:

Drouin would have been a great fit for the Ducks, but I also think that ship is well out to sea.  

I just really want a guy who is a sure-fire bet to be a second line forward in the NHL.  Maybe Dano is that guy.  Like I said, I don't know much about prospects.  I have heard Dano's name before, though, and it's odd to me that he's been bounced around so much without being able to stick in the NHL.

It's hard to find, obviously. Drouin still eats away at me at times. Maybe he wakes up tomorrow and doubles down on that trade request. Seems likely. 

1 person likes this

(Det)Mantha - been big on him for awhile.

(Nyi)Dal Colle - was very high on him at the draft. Stock may have dropped a little. Not sure if NHL ready 

(Tor)Kapanen - good prospect, putting up good ahl numbers this year just turned 20. Not NHL ready

(Mtl)McCarron- big,physical, good skater, mean, nice hands. 

(Van)Boeser- he's going to be really good. But he's still in college. Might be untouchable anyway

(Ari) Dvorak/Strome- both big time prospects. Arizona is very deep down the middle. Don't have much defensively behind Chuchyrun. Maybe we can pry one of them away.

(Bos) Debrusk- scorer with a little grit. Not quite NHL ready. Good prospect trending upward though. 

Dano has talent but, he's got some question marks and can't seem to stick in the NHL. If we are talking about Larsson Moutour and Theodore, pass on Dano.

3 people like this

4 hours ago, liquid13 said:

(Det)Mantha - been big on him for awhile.

(Nyi)Dal Colle - was very high on him at the draft. Stock may have dropped a little. Not sure if NHL ready 

(Tor)Kapanen - good prospect, putting up good ahl numbers this year just turned 20. Not NHL ready

(Mtl)McCarron- big,physical, good skater, mean, nice hands. 

(Van)Boeser- he's going to be really good. But he's still in college. Might be untouchable anyway

(Ari) Dvorak/Strome- both big time prospects. Arizona is very deep down the middle. Don't have much defensively behind Chuchyrun. Maybe we can pry one of them away.

(Bos) Debrusk- scorer with a little grit. Not quite NHL ready. Good prospect trending upward though. 

Solid list.  I'll toss a few more out there:

Pastrnak (BOS) - this is his last ELC year, and he's off to a hot start (suspension aside), but I'm not sure if Boston let's go of him for the likes of Theo/Monty/Larsson. We'd probably need Vats or Cam to get the convo started, but they need an injection of young defensive talent and we need a young impact forward. Maybe adding a decent + to one of our three kids could lubricate things.

Rantanen (COL) - Just getting his feet wet, and not sure how untouchable he might be, but same as above, we look like good trade partners on paper.

McCann (FLA) - I believe this guy was the #24 pick that we gave the Nucks in the Kes trade. He was sent to Fla in the Gudbransson (sp?) trade, and the Cats are deep up front, with Barkov/Bjugstad/Trochek down the middle. Not sure if they really need a young defenseman or not, I thought so a year or more ago, not sure how their NHL-ready D talent depth looks right now.

Edited by AustinDuck27
3 people like this

Great lists Austin and Liquid, but circling back to Drouin... what does Tampa Bay's expansion draft plan look like? They have so many top forwards to protect...

To max out every team would do well to protect 7 forwards, 3 defensemen, and 1 netminder... vs 8 skaters and 1 netminder...

Tampa Bay has forwards in Stamkos, Johnson, Killhorn, Kucherov, Palat, Namestnikov, and Paguette that I'd think they'd want to protect... but are forced to include Flippula (NTC) and Callahan (NMC). On defense they are forced to protect Garrison, Stralman, and Coburn but they obviously can't leave Hedman unprotected.

Wondering if there is a trade there based on Yzerman's situation.

Edited by ZTHER
3 people like this

IIRC, players with NTC don't have to be protected, only NMC. Could we even afford to pay Drouin what he might be asking for? He's got 5 points in 8 games so far this season. Let's say he gets around 60 points this season. He's probably going to end up around 4-5m/year for that production, especially factoring in what he did in the playoffs last year. He also might want a 2 year bridge deal if he feels like he's going to be a PPG player soon. 

Anaheim can't trade Fowler to TB as they can't take on salary so that means Yzerman will want our best prospect (Theodore) plus high pick(s). That's a lot to give up if Drouin isn't interested in signing a 6 year deal at a reasonable rate like Murray got with Rakell/Lindholm. 

On the surface, trading Fowler for ELC player(s) and pick(s) frees up 4m/year. Maybe the Ducks can buy out Bieska, though will our owners go for that? They might already be forced to swallow 20m on Despres contract if he can't play again. The team is also already over budget. Maybe Murray can get rid of Stoner to a desperate team sometime this year, but that isn't a given. In addition, what happens when you have to trade Fowler and buy out Bieska to fit Drouin in, while also giving up Theodore to make it happen? Now suddenly Anaheim is much thinner on defense, and Montour/Larsson have to be ready to step in. Furthermore, Vegas might want to take Manson from us instead of doing a back room deal to not pick him. 

I see a lot of roadblocks in a trade for Drouin. 

1 person likes this

Drouin was a dream scenerio that I wish we would have pulled the trigger on. A Drouin trade now is pretty far out there, but I guess still possible. It would take Theodore + and Anaheim is still going to have cap/salary problems for the foreseeable future. 

Sigh..

7 hours ago, ZTHER said:

Great lists Austin and Liquid, but circling back to Drouin... what does Tampa Bay's expansion draft plan look like? They have so many top forwards to protect...

To max out every team would do well to protect 7 forwards, 3 defensemen, and 1 netminder... vs 8 skaters and 1 netminder...

Tampa Bay has forwards in Stamkos, Johnson, Killhorn, Kucherov, Palat, Namestnikov, and Paguette that I'd think they'd want to protect... but are forced to include Flippula (NTC) and Callahan (NMC). On defense they are forced to protect Garrison, Stralman, and Coburn but they obviously can't leave Hedman unprotected.

Wondering if there is a trade there based on Yzerman's situation.

Good points. Tampa has too many good forwards. Stamkos, Kucherov, Johnson, Killorn, Palat, Drouin, Callahan, Filppula, Namestnikov, Paquette... that's too many to protect. Their cap situation is also pretty dire. They'll probably have to buyout Callahan (or get him to waive his NMC and then make a deal for him to be selected by Vegas), but they are still going to be in cap trouble with Johnson, Palat and Drouin all needing new contracts and Hedman's cap hit ballooning next season to $7.88M. IMO, they need to move/lose two forwards to make it work. At this point I don't know that Drouin would be one of them, but hopefully BM is still exploring options with Yzerman. We have three good, young D-men on ELCs that would really help Tampa's cap situation.

How does the expansion process work with regards to RFAs? The rules say teams must expose at least 2 forwards under contract in 2017-2018. Because Drouin is an RFA then from what I gather he can't be exposed - so effectively Tampa gets to protect outside of the 7F/3D split of protected players.

2 hours ago, nieder said:

How does the expansion process work with regards to RFAs? The rules say teams must expose at least 2 forwards under contract in 2017-2018. Because Drouin is an RFA then from what I gather he can't be exposed - so effectively Tampa gets to protect outside of the 7F/3D split of protected players.

Pierre LeBrun was tweeting about this earlier in the week. Vegas actually gets a 48/hour window before the expansion draft to sign any RFAs they want. Only one per team and if one of your RFAs gets swiped then you can't lose another player in the draft. Also no offer sheets involved. Just a straight 48-hour signing period. Fortunately we don't really have any essential RFAs next summer, but look at Tampa with Drouin, Johnson and Palat. They're probably going to lose a VERY good player.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Pierre LeBrun was tweeting about this earlier in the week. Vegas actually gets a 48/hour window before the expansion draft to sign any RFAs they want. Only one per team and if one of your RFAs gets swiped then you can't lose another player in the draft. Also no offer sheets involved. Just a straight 48-hour signing period. Fortunately we don't really have any essential RFAs next summer, but look at Tampa with Drouin, Johnson and Palat. They're probably going to lose a VERY good player.

Whoa! Did not know about that 48 hour RFA window. That's insane.

Just noticed Toffoli and Pearson are RFA's at the end of this season. C'mon Vegas!

3 people like this

But I assume that the RFA, Drouin for example, could refuse to sign with the Vegas team? So Tampa could basically agree to terms with him, but wait until after the expansion draft to make it official so Drouin can't get poached through the expansion draft. 

4 hours ago, nieder said:

But I assume that the RFA, Drouin for example, could refuse to sign with the Vegas team? So Tampa could basically agree to terms with him, but wait until after the expansion draft to make it official so Drouin can't get poached through the expansion draft. 

They could, but that's a risk. Especially if they try it with more than one of their guys.  Vegas doesn't start with any bad salary, so they can throw a lot of money at great free agents.  If Tampa has both Drouin and Palat, for example, still as RFAs, Vegas can offer some lucrative deals to those guys.

14 hours ago, nieder said:

I believe that Tampa would still need to protect him in that scenario, and that if they didn't protect him then Vegas could select him in the expansion draft and he would turn into their RFA. The only RFA limitation that I've seen so far seems to be that a team can't use an RFA to fill one of the required exposure slots (i.e. at least two forwards who are under contract and who played in 40+ games this season or 70+ games the previous two seasons). But I haven't read anything yet that says Vegas can't select RFAs in the draft. I'm sure more explanation will come out as the season goes on though.

22 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

One question this brings up - my understanding is that when a RFA signs an offer sheet, his current team has a 7-day window in which to match.  This doesn't work out with the timing of the expansion draft.  

If the playoffs end on the same day they did last year (June 12th), even if that 48-hour window started the next day, it would go through June 14th.  If Vegas signs Drouin on the 14th, the Lightning would have through the 21st to match the offer.  The expansion draft takes place from the 18th - 20th.  Conceivably, Vegas could sign Drouin, then go through the expansion draft (without taking a Lightning player since they already signed one away), then the Lightning could choose to match the offer on the 21st.  Would Vegas then get to select a different Lightning player after the entire draft has concluded?  

There are a lot of moving parts with this expansion process and I'm interested to see what comes out about how it will work.  Thankfully, the Ducks had all 700 of their important RFAs need new contracts in the same offseason, so that's taken care of.  If Vegas wants Noesen, by all means.

11 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

One question this brings up - my understanding is that when a RFA signs an offer sheet, his current team has a 7-day window in which to match.  This doesn't work out with the timing of the expansion draft.  

If the playoffs end on the same day they did last year (June 12th), even if that 48-hour window started the next day, it would go through June 14th.  If Vegas signs Drouin on the 14th, the Lightning would have through the 21st to match the offer.  The expansion draft takes place from the 18th - 20th.  Conceivably, Vegas could sign Drouin, then go through the expansion draft (without taking a Lightning player since they already signed one away), then the Lightning could choose to match the offer on the 21st.  Would Vegas then get to select a different Lightning player after the entire draft has concluded?  

There are a lot of moving parts with this expansion process and I'm interested to see what comes out about how it will work.  Thankfully, the Ducks had all 700 of their important RFAs need new contracts in the same offseason, so that's taken care of.  If Vegas wants Noesen, by all means.

That's why I added LeBrun's statement about there being no offer sheets. If Vegas signs an RFA, that's it. The player is now a Las Vegas [fill-in-the-blank]. There's no chance for a team to match.

Again, Vegas can sign unprotected RFAs like they are their own. No offer sheets needed. Just like they own the RFA, in that 48-hour window

Pierre LeBrunVerified account @Real_ESPNLeBrun  Oct 29

So only a max of 10 free agents can be picked - RFA or UFA - as part of those 30 expansion picks.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/43125/rumblings-las-vegas-will-get-a-head-start-on-free-agency

Edited by dtsdlaw

54 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

That's why I added LeBrun's statement about there being no offer sheets. If Vegas signs an RFA, that's it. The player is now a Las Vegas [fill-in-the-blank]. There's no chance for a team to match.

Again, Vegas can sign unprotected RFAs like they are their own. No offer sheets needed. Just like they own the RFA, in that 48-hour window

Pierre LeBrunVerified account @Real_ESPNLeBrun  Oct 29

So only a max of 10 free agents can be picked - RFA or UFA - as part of those 30 expansion picks.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/43125/rumblings-las-vegas-will-get-a-head-start-on-free-agency

Ah, I missed that.  That makes sense.

So you have to think Tampa protects:

Stamkos, Callahan (NMC), Kucherov, Killorn, Johnson (RFA), Palat (RFA), and Drouin (RFA)

That leaves Filppula and Namestnikov exposed.  I assume Filppula's modified NTC can be exposed.  If not, Tampa's in big trouble. You'd think they'd love to leave Callahan exposed, but they don't have any leverage on him if he doesn't want to waive it.  They could also leave Killorn exposed if they want to make sure they keep a younger, cheaper player like Namestnikov.  Either way, Tampa is losing a good forward.  

Looking at their roster, the more likely option is that they trade one of their forwards; as it stands, there's no way they're getting Johnson, Palat, and Drouin signed under the cap.  Heck, even convincing Vegas to take Filppula probably isn't enough.

Nobody in the Pacific is going to trade their top forward prospects with us so we can rule them out.

Central:

Dallas: Brett Ritchie maybe? Though his ceiling is lower than his brother. Denis Gurianov has a lot of upside and potential, but he's very, very, raw. Dallas needs goalie and D help badly and have none in the system.

Chicago: I would absolutely loathe trading them someone like Montour or Larsson to them. No thank you.

Colorado: Rantanen would be the only one. I doubt they trade him.

Minnesota: Eriksson Ek would be sexy, but thats not going to happen. Alex Tuch maybe?

Nashville: Kevin Fiala would be a dream. Vladislav Kamenev and Yakov Trenin are also great prospects. Problem is that the only team that has more defensive depth than Anaheim is Nashville. Don't think they would have any interest.

St. Louis: Null. No interest in Barbashev even though I love Russian prospects.

Winnipeg: As mentioned by others, Dano is a realistic possibility, but he is also high risk. Another one though that is intriguing is Jack Roslovic. The D going their direction would have to be LHD though.

Metro:

Carolina: Null. Aho is untouchable.

Columbus: Oliver Bjorkstrand has had a tough time adjusting to Torts system and got sent down :o

New Jersey: Devils? Good forward prospects? lol

Islanders: Don't think they would give up on Barzal. Dal Colle? It would be risky. Don't think I would be comfortable with giving up 1 of Montour or Larsson for him. If you think Carlyle and the vets on the team can bring the hammer down on Ho-Sang and fix his attitude problems, he would be worth a shot. Talent wise, its all there. Just that stupid attitude.

Rangers-I'd be all over Buchnevich, but Murray and company are so anti Russian, which kinda annoys me. Otherwise, null.

Flyers - They are good on D prospects.

Pitt- One of the worst systems in the league. Nothing there worth trading Montour or Larsson.

Capitals- Jakub Vrana would be bomb. Would they want to deal him though? I don't think so.

Atlantic:

Bruins-Probably a serious trade partner in this regard. Is there anything there? Well they aren't trading Pasta after his start so forget him. As someone mentioned previously though, Debrusk would be an intriguing option. Danton Heinen would be another one, but I would be more hesitant giving up 1 of our stud D for him. He's more Petersson/Welinksi territory. 

Buffalo-Null. They want the Fowlers and Lindholms, not the prospects.

Detroit- I'd fly to Anaheim and attend a Ducks game in a homemade Wild Wing costume if Murray acquired Svechnikov. Normally, he wouldn't be available in the right circumstances, but Detroit is in cap hell and need D, as their cupboard is pretty bare after Ville Saarijavi. Oullet and Sproul didn't turn out the way they expected them to be. And for the record, I'm not an Anthony Mantha fan. Though he's probably the most realistic target.

Florida-Null. Nothing there in the cupboard worth giving up our D.

Montreal-Don't want McCarron. He'd be the right handed version of Nick Ritchie. Nikita Scherbak would be an intriguing option, but again, Russian. I wish they made a move for Lehkonen in the offseason, because he's probably playing himself in the unavailable category now. 

Ottawa: Colin White and Colin White only.

Tampa: Null. I don't expect them to trade Drouin. I think that time has come and gone. Both parties ended up getting what they wanted. Drouin is an NHL regular now, and Tampa showed what a fool he was and was able to keep him at the same time. Expansion might get interesting with them, but I believe they will protect Drouin over Palat if the NMC's get in the way. Also, they aren't trading Point or Gusev.

Toronto: I hate making deals with Toronto because then we have to listen to the hockey world say we got robbed while the guy we trade for comes in 4th in Norris voting and becomes an anchor for our D corp. That said, I reallly like Kasperi Kapanen and think he is very much in play. I wouldn't trade Theodore for him, but I would be ok with Montour and Larsson.

Basically, here is the list of real and actual possibilities:

1. Anthony Mantha

2. Kasperi Kapanen

3. Jake Debrusk

4. Oliver Bjorkstrand

5. Brett Ritchie 

^^^That's the order in my opinion of the guys who have the greatest chance of being available. My personal favorite would be Svechnikov, but Bob Murray told me he has plenty of Anti-Russian Spray still in his drawer. 

Or we can just acquire Tatar...

3 people like this

I'm sure there will be whirlwind of trades ahead of the exp draft, especially picks to Vegas so that certain vulnerable players will be left alone. As they stand, I see Killorn being Tampa's draft casualty. Drouin isn't going anywhere. 

I don't know enough about prospects to agree or disagree with you, but that's a great post, BlazingEtem. However, are you 100% certain that Arizona would not be a possible trade partner? I've seen people say that they have a lot of solid forward prospects but are pretty thin on defensive prospects. They also look like they're more likely to lose a D-man in the expansion draft.  And even though they're in the same divison, I kind of see the current Yotes team as being similar to the Oilers teams of the last 5-6 years prior to the Chiarelli/McLellan/McJesus unholy alliance, and we certainly didn't have a problems trading with those Oilers teams. The Yotes also are looking at having $16M+ coming off their cap next season (Datsyuk, Pronger and possibly Doan) and may need to acquire some cap hit just to reach the floor again. With all of that in play, I'm not totally convinced that they are off-limits for BM. 

1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

I don't know enough about prospects to agree or disagree with you, but that's a great post, BlazingEtem. However, are you 100% certain that Arizona would not be a possible trade partner? I've seen people say that they have a lot of solid forward prospects but are pretty thin on defensive prospects. They also look like they're more likely to lose a D-man in the expansion draft.  And even though they're in the same divison, I kind of see the current Yotes team as being similar to the Oilers teams of the last 5-6 years prior to the Chiarelli/McLellan/McJesus unholy alliance, and we certainly didn't have a problems trading with those Oilers teams. The Yotes also are looking at having $16M+ coming off their cap next season (Datsyuk, Pronger and possibly Doan) and may need to acquire some cap hit just to reach the floor again. With all of that in play, I'm not totally convinced that they are off-limits for BM. 

Perlini, Crouse, and Dauphin are the only ones I can see them entertaining on as far as a suitable tier in which Montour, Larsson, Petersson (certainly not Theodore) would be discussed. Strome, Dvorak, Merkley, even Fischer - they aren't going to move.

And I dislike all 3 of those options.