gorbachav5

Young Forward Wishlist

368 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, 444724_1475156967 said:

All we did today so far is lose camarosa

And that's it. Gonna be a busy time before the ED for GMBM. 

1 person likes this

Lol we lose Crammer for nothing and don't even replace him. Awesome, this team is set for the playoffs for sure...

Tonight's game clearly revealed how actually our team is thin on offence. With Getzlaf having an "off game" and Rakell nursing an injury, I didn't see anybody stepping up in their absence. Only Silfverberg was trying to create some meaningful combinations, others just skated circles. Ondrej Kase tried hard to create something in his rare shifts, but obviously the talent is not there.

However, we still need to give our team a full credit: without an elite defenceman, with an average goaltending and a thin offence we made it so far. Hopefully, in the offseason BM will get some young forward(s) in exchange for someone from the army of defensive coprs that we have.

57 minutes ago, FanSince1993 said:

Tonight's game clearly revealed how actually our team is thin on offence. With Getzlaf having an "off game" and Rakell nursing an injury, I didn't see anybody stepping up in their absence. Only Silfverberg was trying to create some meaningful combinations, others just skated circles. Ondrej Kase tried hard to create something in his rare shifts, but obviously the talent is not there.

However, we still need to give our team a full credit: without an elite defenceman, with an average goaltending and a thin offence we made it so far. Hopefully, in the offseason BM will get some young forward(s) in exchange for someone from the army of defensive coprs that we have.

I don't know if the 'talent is not there'. Kid is still in his first NHL season. Kase, Ritchie etc seem to be developing fine. 

Obviously missing Rakell and Eaves is a big deal. Our depth was tested in game 5 and failed.

1 hour ago, RobD360 said:

This thread is surprisingly dry after playoff elimination. 

True. I think many are still trying to process another disappointing end to the season with several fifths of hard booze. Also, this topic has been discussed in this thread and others throughout the season because of the expansion draft.

Jonathan Drouin's name has been widely rumored as a target for the Ducks to go after. I also like Andreas Athanasiou from the Red Wings. Both are fast and highly skilled offensive players who would be RFA's and therefore under team control for a few seasons. Marner and Nylander would be good options also but there is almost no chance that the Maple Leafs will move either of them.

I think that Vatanen is going to be the guy that gets moved as part of a major trade, unless for some reason, the team can't re-sign Fowler.

Who else is a good option for us to get? and also...What would you give up to get them? Vatanen + a high draft pick? I'm really hesitant of moving one of our top D prospects along with one of our top four just to get one player. Also. after how Montour played in the playoffs and because he'd be Vatanen's replacement, I think he's off the table.

Let the armchair GM'ing continue!

1 person likes this

Id throw Miller from the rangers into the mix. Kapanen is an interesting name. They Yotes have a few guys I would like. Mantha would be awesome, but I don't think he'd be available.

Drouin is the guy that would get me really excited though. He'd basically be the long term answer to "how to we replace Perry".