gorbachav5

Young Forward Wishlist

359 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, dersoldat said:

What would you guys realistically give up for Drouin? I live in Florida and after watching him play many times this season the kid is an absolute superstar. He generates so much offense on his own he would be a massive addition to this team. I probably would give up more than most to get him and probably what Tampa would be asking for.

To TBL:

Theodore/Montour/or Larrson

2017 1st rnd pick

Kerdiles/Terry grade prospect

What would you give up?

Problem is Drouin is going to get a nice raise, so we'd need to include someone with salary.

Id trade Fowler or Vat and a max steel, but doubt they are going to part with him.  

I agree with previous posts that getting Drouin is a pipe dream... unless we significantly over pay for him. One of our top 3 defensemen + Montour/Larsson/Theodore would be the base of any potential Drouin deal, IMO. We'd have to clear cap space and Tampa would not want just prospects and picks. I would not make Steel or Jones a part of the deal either. The problem with potentially trading Fowler is that any team trading for him is going to want to know whether he'd re-sign with them, which would definitely impact his value. It's possible that we could have our own Shattenkirk situation next season and I hope that Murray is trying to make sure as to avoid that. I think that Murray made the Eaves trade so our forward group is marginally better and to be able to say that he didn't stay idle. There are several variables in play with any big trade for us and it seems like like Murray is trying to buy as much time as possible and figure those out before making one.

On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 5:58 PM, DuckFan4Life said:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/eaves-744964-ducks-dallas.html

“I don’t feel I have to make another move, first of all,” Murray said. “Yes, we have depth on defense. We have good young defensemen coming. I don’t have to do anything at this point in time with my defense. I don’t have to do a thing.

“I may have to address some situations at the expansion draft time (in June), but we’ll know more at that point in time.”

However, Murray added that he isn’t closing up shop and could make a “hockey deal” if one presented itself.

“I don’t feel pressure to do anything else but you’re always looking at making your organization better and deeper if you can do it,” he said.

Murray has to make a move. Don't know if the numbers work but if Landeskog (Drouin would be better but I can't imagine Stevie Y moving him) can be had he'd better make an offer including Vatanen. We have a top 4 man to spare (with the expansion draft in mind), a blue chip prospect and a pick.

If he doesn't make a move now do we still have time to make a deal prior to the expansion draft? I'd hate to see Vats go for nothing.

Just now, DucksFan_08 said:

Murray has to make a move. Don't know if the numbers work but if Landeskog (Drouin would be better but I can't imagine Stevie Y moving him) can be had he'd better make an offer including Vatanen. We have a top 4 man to spare (with the expansion draft in mind), a blue chip prospect and a pick.

If he doesn't make a move now do we still have time to make a deal prior to the expansion draft? I'd hate to see Vats go for nothing.

True. Murray definitely needs to make a move, the question is when he does it. Teams can make trades prior to the expansion draft but any trades will have to be done before teams submit their protection lists on June 17th. I believe that teams can make trades even after the trade deadline, but those players are not eligible for the playoffs which is why teams never do it. The expansion draft could very well change that though. There is no way that we lose Vatanen for nothing. I think that the big concern is losing two of our top 4 defensemen within months of each other, which can happen if Manson gets picked up in the draft and Fowler does not re-sign of if we trade Vatanen and Fowler does not re-sign. I'd like to think that Murray already knows whether Fowler will re-sign and that he simply won't trade him until after our season is over if he won't.

I'd give Evander Kane a chance and he'd probably be cheaper than Drouin.  I think Yzerman would probably want Lindholm in a Drouin deal.  Like others have said BM probably isn't going to do anything. If he pulled another move it would probably be something smaller like a Vanek or Doan deal and I think that would be pushing it.

Edited by RedwingsRgarbage

10 hours ago, shocking911 said:

Problem is Drouin is going to get a nice raise, so we'd need to include someone with salary.

Id trade Fowler or Vat and a max steel, but doubt they are going to part with him.  

Tampa is having cap issues. They don't want to add more salary.