The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NiemiWillRise

Julius Nattinen finally waking up in his new OHL team

30 minutes ago, duck123 said:

I did notice he was Finnish too.  :)  Yeah, a year in the AHL for Nattinen would probably be good.  As for Steel--that will be a tough decision.  He already scored the most points in and was voted MVP of the WHL. Wondering if there is a chance we see him make the big club.

I cannot help but think that having a playmaker on his line, like Steel, would really help pick up Perry's game.  And having the following line just seems like a very good line--and one that, if they play very well, could challenge Getzlaf's line for our top line before season is done.  (Which would help us tremendously, come playoff time.): 

-Ritchie  -Steel  -Perry

I'll be fine with seeing him get another year of juniors under his belt, but I really am pulling for Steel to make the team next year. Like I said, his size/strength might be an issue, but I think the situation is rather perfect for him to take a big leap. Same goes for Jones, his game still needs some refinement, but his NHL size and style of game makes me think it'll translate well enough to play on the 4th line and he can earn more minutes as he goes. I'd like to see both of those guys get their cup of coffee out of camp next season. That's be a lot of kids peppered into the lineup, that's the only thing, but after seeing the way these playoffs looked I think it's something that just has to be embraced these days. 

16 hours ago, AustinDuck27 said:

I'll be fine with seeing him get another year of juniors under his belt, but I really am pulling for Steel to make the team next year. Like I said, his size/strength might be an issue, but I think the situation is rather perfect for him to take a big leap. Same goes for Jones, his game still needs some refinement, but his NHL size and style of game makes me think it'll translate well enough to play on the 4th line and he can earn more minutes as he goes. I'd like to see both of those guys get their cup of coffee out of camp next season. That's be a lot of kids peppered into the lineup, that's the only thing, but after seeing the way these playoffs looked I think it's something that just has to be embraced these days. 

Nice outlook. Yeah, I hope both Steel and Jones make the lineup too.  And if Eaves does not sign, maybe that gives Jones an opportunity to play on the third line--although I'm guessing Kase would get first opportunity for that.  We'll see.  Should be a fun and very competitive training camp...