Administrator

Kings Catch All - 6

190 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, RobD360 said:

Kings drop a player in King to later upgrade his position by adding Iginla. 

The way Iggy's looked this season... that might be more of a wash.  Just 8G on the season for both guys.  Colorado's 🔥🚮 but LA can't score... I dunno.  Stranger Lecavaliers have happened.

43 minutes ago, JackPolo said:

The way Iggy's looked this season... that might be more of a wash.  Just 8G on the season for both guys.  Colorado's 🔥🚮 but LA can't score... I dunno.  Stranger Lecavaliers have happened.

IMHO Iginla is >>> King. 

38 minutes ago, RobD360 said:

IMHO Iginla is >>> King. 

Yeah he's better, but at this stage of his career it's not by much. 

LA essentially swapped Budaj for Bishop and King for Iginla. That makes them marginally better, but I don't think it's enough for them to make the playoffs. Certainly not enough to be a real contender. 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, nieder said:

Yeah he's better, but at this stage of his career it's not by much. 

LA essentially swapped Budaj for Bishop and King for Iginla. That makes them marginally better, but I don't think it's enough for them to make the playoffs. Certainly not enough to be a real contender. 

Lombardi clearly lost the trade with Budaj. I am still unsure why on earth he moved those pieces for redundancy. 

Buy the Swap for Iglna and King was a pretty good one. 

I wanted to make this a new topic, but I've been banned from doing so for the past 2 seasons, so I'll just post it here.

Supposedly at 3:00 PM today, Bob Miller is holding a press conference to announce that he is retiring as the Kings announcer.

http://patch.com/california/alisoviejo/s/g1r6m/legendary-la-kings-announcer-bob-miller-expected-to-announce-retirement

Just now, HockeyIzCool said:

I wanted to make this a new topic, but I've been banned from doing so for the past 2 seasons, so I'll just post it here.

Supposedly at 3:00 PM today, Bob Miller is holding a press conference to announce that he is retiring as the Kings announcer.

http://patch.com/california/alisoviejo/s/g1r6m/legendary-la-kings-announcer-bob-miller-expected-to-announce-retirement

As much as I hate the Kings, Bob Miller is really great.  And he's got a Ducks connection - he was the announcer in the Disney movies.  Godspeed, Bob!

The upside to this is that I no longer have to feel any conflict about muting Kings' broadcasts.  I had to before because Jim Fox makes my brain bleed, but it always bothered me a bit that I had to mute Bob Miller in the process.  Now I can mute to my heart's content with no latent guilt!

3 people like this

It's been a rough few years for So Cal announcers.  The Angels announcer died suddenly a couple of years ago, Vin just retired, and now Bob.  These guys are all on friendly terms with one another, and I'm sure Steve and the rest of the Ducks broadcast crew are saddened by this, and will almost certainly salute Bob during Friday's game.

Edited by HockeyIzCool

2 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

As much as I hate the Kings, Bob Miller is really great.  And he's got a Ducks connection - he was the announcer in the Disney movies.  Godspeed, Bob!

The upside to this is that I no longer have to feel any conflict about muting Kings' broadcasts.  I had to before because Jim Fox makes my brain bleed, but it always bothered me a bit that I had to mute Bob Miller in the process.  Now I can mute to my heart's content with no latent guilt!

And he did a voice over on Rocket Power! I will miss him, he is like Vin-an institution-and well-appreciated through out his sport's world.

He just said he plans to announce 2 more games.  The final Home Game, and the last game of season @ Anaheim.

1 person likes this

Miller should get an award just for putting up with Jim Fox for all of those years. Talk about cruel and unusual punishment.

2 people like this