The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Administrator

Kings Catch All - 6

1 hour ago, norge25 said:

Stupid Kuemper. Stupid Boudreau saving his ace Vezina candidate goalie for us. Stupid Kings.

He knows who the bigger threat team is... Kings blow chunks this season.

2 minutes ago, Pazonator said:

Dallas up 3-1 in the 3rd....we get Dallas on the back end of back to backs 

4-2 now thanks to a Muzzin to Budaj own goal...

Knucklepuck for the exclamation point! Ha! 6-4 and got 'em!

And our boys have the Stars tomorrow. I hope they're flagged after that kind of track meet.

1 hour ago, Pazonator said:

Dallas up 3-1 in the 3rd....we get Dallas on the back end of back to backs 

That hasn't really been all that reassuring this season.
Just sayin.

On 1/9/2017 at 11:26 PM, wataduk said:

That hasn't really been all that reassuring this season.
Just sayin.

Worked out OK!

52 minutes ago, ZTHER said:

Worked out OK!

Sure did. :D
Finally a team that came to the HC on the tail end of a back to back actually looked like a team on the tail end of a back to back.
Ty Dallas

Not going to get too overconfident though as I have not seen many teams that allowed such easy zone entries as The Stars did last night.
Do you recall an icing last night from either side?

I'm pretty sure there was one or two but low numbers of icing are usually pretty indicative of a lack of neutral zone pressure.

The Blues have 8 shots to LA's 23 through two periods. 5-1 now. :o

And Stoll's vomit-inducing face just graced my screen as he sits on the panel next to OD. The next shot is of those LA butt kissing ASG dishrags. Two minutes into intermission and this is already unwatchable, Fox didn't have to screech to ruin this, that's tough to do.

1 hour ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Intern? 

13 hours ago, AustinDuck27 said:

The Blues have 8 shots to LA's 23 through two periods. 5-1 now. :o

And Stoll's vomit-inducing face just graced my screen as he sits on the panel next to OD. The next shot is of those LA butt kissing ASG dishrags. Two minutes into intermission and this is already unwatchable, Fox didn't have to screech to ruin this, that's tough to do.

Sutter's stifling defense is something to admire and the reason why Budaj is every bit as good as Quick.

18 minutes ago, ZTHER said:

Intern? 

Sutter's stifling defense is something to admire and the reason why Budaj is every bit as good as Quick.

I won't deny that Quick is a talent in his own right, but you've been selling this theory for a few seasons now and I'm starting to buy in. Budaj looks solid... Budaj. And look at Enroth last season in LA vs. this season. Night and day. Guys like Scrivens and Bernier both had higher stock in LA before getting crushed on lesser teams. That system definitely seems to make life easier on goalies, even in a year where LA's blueline is nothing to write home about.

If the Kings miss the playoffs this season do you think Sutter could be in trouble? It would be the second time his team would have missed the playoffs.

On 1/13/2017 at 2:43 PM, nieder said:

If the Kings miss the playoffs this season do you think Sutter could be in trouble? It would be the second time his team would have missed the playoffs.

Heck yes... though Lombardi is to blame. Too many poor contracts on that team. Imagine where they would be if the NHL didn't let that Mike Richards crap slide...

Next year they need to sign Tafoli and Pearson and they have little money coming off the books. They'll need to pray good and hard that Las vegas takes Brown, but why would they when they could likely sign him for less after the Kings are forced to buy him out?

On 1/13/2017 at 11:26 AM, AustinDuck27 said:

I won't deny that Quick is a talent in his own right, but you've been selling this theory for a few seasons now and I'm starting to buy in. Budaj looks solid... Budaj. And look at Enroth last season in LA vs. this season. Night and day. Guys like Scrivens and Bernier both had higher stock in LA before getting crushed on lesser teams. That system definitely seems to make life easier on goalies, even in a year where LA's blueline is nothing to write home about.

Sutter yes... but also Kopitar and Doughty. Shut down pivots are huge... and look at the netminder numbers behind Kopitar, Bergeron, heck even Kesler.

Quick is a good netminder playing behind a team and a system that makes him look great. 

26 minutes ago, wataduk said:

Of course the OT winner. 9-1 in OT now.

Stupid.

12 real wins, 10 OT/SO wins... 

18 hours ago, ZTHER said:

Heck yes... though Lombardi is to blame. Too many poor contracts on that team. Imagine where they would be if the NHL didn't let that Mike Richards crap slide...

Next year they need to sign Tafoli and Pearson and they have little money coming off the books. They'll need to pray good and hard that Las vegas takes Brown, but why would they when they could likely sign him for less after the Kings are forced to buy him out?

Sutter yes... but also Kopitar and Doughty. Shut down pivots are huge... and look at the netminder numbers behind Kopitar, Bergeron, heck even Kesler.

Quick is a good netminder playing behind a team and a system that makes him look great. 

Definitely it is Lombardi - didn't stock the shelves - partly that is because they won a Cup and everybody got inflated value - similar to what happen with Burkie in 07 -08.

Chicago seems to be holding their own, although this year will be a challenge. The system keeps a team from being a" lock" on having a dynasty i.e. NYI, Edmonton, Montreal.  IMHO 

To their credit however, The Kings still have quite a few players still around who were on the 2012 Cup team.
I believe it is around 11-12. That is pretty darn good in this day of the salary cap.
Compare that to The Ducks who four years after the Cup win in 07, had 4 (or was it 5?) players remaining.
Getz, Perry, Beauch, Teemu.....was there another?

2 hours ago, wataduk said:

To their credit however, The Kings still have quite a few players still around who were on the 2012 Cup team.
I believe it is around 11-12. That is pretty darn good in this day of the salary cap.
Compare that to The Ducks who four years after the Cup win in 07, had 4 (or was it 5?) players remaining.
Getz, Perry, Beauch, Teemu.....was there another?

3 hours ago, DUCKSDOC said:

Definitely it is Lombardi - didn't stock the shelves - partly that is because they won a Cup and everybody got inflated value - similar to what happen with Burkie in 07 -08.

Chicago seems to be holding their own, although this year will be a challenge. The system keeps a team from being a" lock" on having a dynasty i.e. NYI, Edmonton, Montreal.  IMHO 

Well both teams have "outs" that teams like Anaheim, Tampa Bay, and Carolina simply don't have... like the ability sign cap circumventing contracts, bury bad deals in the AHL, and have the NHL brass turn a blind eye to Mike Richards type situations.

6 hours ago, ZTHER said:

Well both teams have "outs" that teams like Anaheim, Tampa Bay, and Carolina simply don't have... like the ability sign cap circumventing contracts, bury bad deals in the AHL, and have the NHL brass turn a blind eye to Mike Richards type situations.

RIGHT ON !!!!

Going from today's 8-7 Pens-Caps game to this garbage excuse for entertainment known as the Kings-Bolts game is just brutal. 

No Kopitar or Hedman tonight, apparently both are ill. Check Vic for bite marks, could be Kopi's zombie virus.

Went to the Stapler to watch the Kings vs The Lightning today and all I can say is....WOW!

TB is fun to watch, move the puck extremely well, have tons of speed and gave the Kings fits for much of the game.

They were missing the oft injured Stamkos and Hedman, but to be fair, the Kings were without Kopitar.

If the Ducks were as tired as Hayward often claims they are, then they will certainly not be too thrilled to face off with The

Bolts tomorrow night.

1 minute ago, wataduk said:

Went to the Stapler to watch the Kings vs The Lightning today and all I can say is....WOW!

TB is fun to watch, move the puck extremely well, have tons of speed and gave the Kings fits for much of the game.

They were missing the oft injured Stamkos and Hedman, but to be fair, the Kings were without Kopitar.

If the Ducks were as tired as Hayward often claims they are, then they will certainly not be too thrilled to face off with The

Bolts tomorrow night.

Haha, I'm watching the game now and only after your post did I realize it was the replay. :ph34r:

The Bolts always clown us, I expect nothing less.

1 minute ago, AustinDuck27 said:

Haha, I'm watching the game now and only after your post did I realize it was the replay. :ph34r:

The Bolts always clown us, I expect nothing less.

oops sorry, hope I didn't ruin it for you.